Rapture-Palooza VS. This is the End VS. The World's End

May the best comedy win.
John Tyler
06-3-2013 03:09 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

All-Knowing Panda

Trading Card Panda

This is the End

Jun 14 - 08:48 AM

Ryan Brady

Ryan Brady

The World's End

Jun 5 - 07:06 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

Rapture-Palooza looks like shit. I'm sorry, I'm not a religious man or anything like that, but the premise just sounds stupid.

Jun 5 - 04:59 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

really? i thought the premise was actually funny, but they have zero talent for that movie

Jun 5 - 05:22 PM

John Tyler

John Tyler McClane

Anna Kendrick, Calum Worthy, Craig Robinson, John Francis Daley, Rob Corddry, Thomas Lennon, Ana Gasteyer, Stephanie Paul, Tyler Labine, John Michael Higgins, and a script by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon equal zero talent? I beg to differ.

Jun 5 - 05:43 PM

Killer Jay

Jay Catler

Again, 0 talent

Jun 5 - 07:25 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

ahhh ok, now that you point out anna kendrick and craig robinson

Jun 6 - 11:42 AM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

I disagree about the talent because some of the guys John listed are actually pretty funny. I just wasn't convinced by the trailer. It looks really cheaply made and it's getting a limited release. And in a contest with This is the End and The World's End, it has no chance.

Jun 5 - 08:21 PM

John Tyler

John Tyler McClane

I put Rapture-Palooza in the competition because both the film and This is the End have to do with the Apocalypse. And both This is the End and The World's End have to do with the annihilation of the world.

Jun 6 - 04:07 AM

joshua j.

joshua jones

this is the end was about the rapture. even though I still think rapture-palooza looks terrible.

Jun 13 - 09:33 AM

Killer Jay

Jay Catler

Pegg/Frost/Wright aren't remotely funny. Neither are the other 2.

Jun 4 - 04:57 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

wooooow, you are full of horse shit

Jun 5 - 05:22 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Obvious Troll is obvious.

Jun 6 - 09:32 AM

Killer Jay

Jay Catler

Really, all they say is stale British humour. "Oh, you want some crumpets, love?" Dumbass, everyone has different tastes in comedy.

Jun 6 - 12:36 PM

jofb716

J B

You mean like, "Which one of you cunts wants a drink?"

Yeah, that seems pretty uptight....

Jun 7 - 01:56 PM

Phillip P.

Phil Payton

completely agree. I wish Edgar wright would give up Shaun of dead is painful to watch, the worst film iv'e ever seen. hot fuzz isn't much better either.

Jul 1 - 08:30 AM

John Tyler

John Tyler McClane

May the best APOCALYPTIC comedy win.

Jun 4 - 03:15 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Rapture-Palooza looks kinda' shitty. Aside from the always lovely Anna Kendrick.

Jun 4 - 03:07 PM

Vincent  F.

Vincent Fissore

The World's End. Just because it is made by the funniest comedic trio of the moment: Wright/Pegg/Frost.

Jun 4 - 02:46 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

I think After Earth should win the award for Best Comedy.

Jun 4 - 02:10 PM

Max M.

The Dude

You can't compare Rapture-Palooza with those two. Have you seen the trailer? I know you think it looks decent and I respect that, but I didn't really like it. But for This is the End and The World's End, The World's End is probably gonna be better, but This is the End will also be a pretty fun time.

Jun 3 - 08:29 PM

John Tyler

John Tyler McClane

Both Rapture-Palooza and This is the End have to do with raptures, and This is the End and The World's End both have to do with the annihilation of the world.

Jun 4 - 02:02 PM

joshua j.

joshua jones

Thank you, The Dude for saying exactly what I was thinking.

Jun 13 - 09:35 AM

KT Koskela

KT Koskela

Rapture-Palooza's doomed, then. Trust me, you'll see why when the reviews come in.

This is the End and The World's End are the big two competitors for best apocalyptic comedy of the year here.

Jun 3 - 06:33 PM

Babadook Nyland

Babadook Nyland

*salutes*

Jun 3 - 04:38 PM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile