This Is the End - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

This Is the End Reviews

½ December 9, 2016
Can't help but laugh at this goofy actor playing themselves movie. Doesn't change the fact that not a lot makes sense.
November 30, 2016
I may have laughed a couple of times, but it was mostly the worst movie I have seen in 10 years.
November 29, 2016
Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's 16-year old esque writing makes the plot rely too heavily on cliche arguments, film references, religious traditions and it seems that 90% of the film is about fat guys fighting over food and water inside the same single house.
½ November 25, 2016
Assurdo ed esagerato sotto ogni punto di vista, questo film riesce a portare qualche risata grazie ad un'acuta auto-ironia e numerose citazioni a vere pellicole degli attori in questione. Purtroppo non sono esattamente il tipo di persona che si sbellica dalle risate davanti a film del genere, ma di sicuro resta meglio di molti altri dello stesso ambito.
November 8, 2016
July 3rd 2013
October 19th 2013
November 6th -7th 2016
½ November 6, 2016
It never takes itself too seriously, and it's filled with classic Rogen-Goldberg humor, which for its substance, it fits perfectly in it's satire of a post-apocaliptic subject.
½ November 1, 2016
the ending was not convincing to me but heck... its fun
½ October 25, 2016
Actors playing themselves are trapped in a Hollywood mansion during the apocalypse. Five betas (James Franco, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, and Craig Robinson) and one alpha (Danny McBride) attempt to ration supplies after dozens of their friends (incl. Michael Cera, Mindy Kaling, Kevin Hart, Aziz Ansari, and Paul Rudd) are sucked down to hell during a typical hedonistic Hollywood party. While holed up, the six friends film Pineapple Express 2. Some really cool cgi coupled with the sort of humor you'd expect with this group.
October 14, 2016
great movie actually peed myself during it
October 11, 2016
Brilliantly hilarious. Danny McBride steals the show! Outrageously funny from start to finish.
October 8, 2016
It's a funny movie it is a tiny bit stupid but it is funny at the same time. I give it a 79%
October 1, 2016
Everything is ground-breaking, literally and figuratively; that is probably why this film works for some. I'd stay with the minority and leave this mess alone.
September 29, 2016
A funny and original comedy with all actors and actresses playing themselves in a post-apocalyptic world that takes place (for the most part) in James Franco's house. They manage to pull of their portrayals, and make it work will for the duration of the movie. I found this movie to be near flawless with almost all set pieces and near every joke to be funny. The movie could have went into more detail and layout of the apocalyptic world. (8/10)
September 26, 2016
Loved it. Wish it was longer? I don't know.
September 18, 2016
????? ?????? ? ???? ??? ???????????? ???????????.
September 16, 2016
When you are still quoting lines from a movie three years after it came out it says something about funny and great it was. This was a hilarious comedy that will never be repeated in terms of greatness in a comedy.
½ September 16, 2016
I went to this with zero expectations, I couldn't get into something else and a friend talked me into seeing this, I think just because he liked Superbad. I thought I could just sit through it, and was pleasantly surprised.

The film features the actors playing exaggerated versions of themselves, and it works. There are lots of references to the hits and misses of their careers, so if you are an RT user you may be at an advantage. It has a lot of funny cameos and is consistently energetic and entertaining. I had seen Superbad and Pineapple Express, and I feel this is on the same level.
September 13, 2016
Funniest movie of the year so far. Fun Movie. Michael Cera was Hilarious!
And any time Danny McBride comes on screen, he elevates the movie. (Comedies anyway)
September 13, 2016
This is ridiculously funny and the cast is fantastic and does an amazing job parodying themselves (particularly Danny McBride).