One Direction: This Is Us - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

One Direction: This Is Us Reviews

½ December 1, 2014
One Direction: This Is Us is a generically constructed but toe-tapping and emotionally satisfying good time. It's a basic concert/documentary hybrid, and its strength, then, is found in the souls of the stars, not the soulless digital hard drive on which the film was pieced together. It's good enough to please the open-minded newcomer and it'll certainly excite the dedicated 1D fanatic. Audiences who have their minds set on disparaging the film based solely on the faces on the poster likely won't be persuaded to enjoy it, and for them it might be smart to just move on to greener pastures rather than expose themselves to something they're predisposed to loathe.
November 30, 2014
AMAZAYN
its a good movie I love it and I LOVE them! DIRECTIONER
November 14, 2014
Omg I love this movie so much
October 27, 2014
Let me know a little more about these five dynamic young men
October 12, 2014
cuties with the booties ??
October 11, 2014
I was in love with them before but now. It's an infinite love. :) I loved this movie and if you don't love them now you'll surely love them afterward!
October 8, 2014
gh

chbbbmgfbcgv;,6:;:)((:4&7()7 estate unjytrtrc
October 2, 2014
I loved the movie as much as I love one direction and my boyfriend Aaron (I am only 10 years old)
September 30, 2014
Being a fan of the band makes the whole film more enjoyable, if you don't like the boy's it probably looks like a bunch of girls screaming.
September 18, 2014
The movie itself is actually very touching and helps you understand One Direction in a very positive way which is the job of any good documentary. It's a good movie and you will eventually find yourself liking these lads and their down to earth charm.
½ September 10, 2014
Always hated them, always will.
September 8, 2014
How I can see the movie
September 6, 2014
its an amazing movie you just gotta see it!
September 5, 2014
i can't wait to see it when i first heard about it i thought it was a joke I LOVE ONE DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ September 5, 2014
I was expecting something a bit more in depth, considering this is a documentary by Morgan Spurlock, sadly, this movie sucks. For a documentary, it has no structure, and i know nothing more about this group of guys than when I started. One Direction seemed like a group of badly tattooed auto-tuned douche bags at the start and that's about all I know about them now that i've watched this. Movie has no heart, no one other than die hard fans will get anything out of this.
September 1, 2014
Seen it. It was a great movie
August 31, 2014
I LOVED IT SOOOO MUCH!!!!
August 12, 2014
I just love them. That is all.
August 8, 2014
Wednesday, August 6, 2014

(2013) One Direction: This Is Us
DOCUMENTARY

There's a reason why I try to stay clear away from biopics about well known music artists and bands that have made a name for themselves such as The Beatles and The Rolling Stones despite great reviews, and it has nothing to do with the music even though it helps. But there are times I sometimes felt that it's intention also includes is to sell more records or songs since they're already synomenous for what they did anyway. And it's not like the biopics made them who they're which is in most cases the other way around. Meaning, that that they would have to produce some #1 hits before a documentary is even made about them, and to me all that is, is just a marketing ploy to hype up what they're already known for, and that they don't need any more attention. I intentionally did not want to watch this, but I decided to waste time watching it since my intention was to record another movie from the movie channels I prescribed and accidently recorded this instead. So I decided to check it out with an open mind.

At the beginning, we are subjected to subliminal images of the 5 young guys of "One Direction" very quickly, enough to give someone whose sensitive seisures. Then it's like one or two news outlets along with people who're employed by "One Direction" saying that it's the biggest thing since The Beatles or that its bigger. But the thing is that at that time "The Beatles" never had social on-line media such as Twitter and that the only way people can hear "The Beatles" music was from the radio or from television. By looking at the big picture, "One Direction" can never be The Beatles since as we soon see from watching this documentary, none of them can even play a single instrument except like one member of the group who can play an occasional acustic guitar, nor do they even write their own music. And that the celebrities that approach them such as Martin Scorsese and Chris Rock was the result of their underage children, and it has nothing to do whether or not their music is any good or not. Upon this documentary being made, One Direction had already done their third album, and let me tell you theirs nothing groundbreaking since their music is like any boy band, and that it would be forgotten as they're getting older and "The Beatles" music is still going to continue to live on.

2 out of 4
August 4, 2014
cdyfgvireieiehfczezihzrirvuvriehfeifieezehuydfhvilzgiufzfhrgerrlfffbfdhfhu PERFECT MOVIE!!