Thomas in Love (Thomas est amoureux) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thomas in Love (Thomas est amoureux) Reviews

July 8, 2012
A fantastically original concept years before its time. Though some of the acting is not at it's best, the main emotions come across rather well. Innovative and unique filming techniques. Worth watching by anybody with any kind of film interests.
June 6, 2012
Concept ingénieux, probablement une première dans l'histoire du cinéma, si je ne m'abuse, qui n'a d'autre choix que de maintenir un vif intérêt chez le spectateur, mais qui finit par se laisser désabuser par un manque de technique. Certes, la caméra fixe, c'est bien beau, mais on s'attend en quelque sorte à un peu plus de mouvement pour illustrer l'émotion vive ressentie par Thomas au moment où il confronte Déesse Amour. Bref, très intéressant comme film.
December 10, 2011
Recommended by Luciana.
October 12, 2011
Un film de SF conceptuel très bien foutu, captivant, et qui laisse place à l'imagination.
July 9, 2011
Ones who have encountered what on line world is all about can perfectly feel and compassionate Thomas making movie far above average.
January 4, 2011
strangely real .. not literally
December 12, 2010
August 18, 2010
This movie gets three stars primarily because it was visually interesting. Watch it. The whole thing is from the point of view of an agoraphobic shut in staring at a screen with which all his communication takes place. Honestly the best part was the video poems made by a woman he meets on a Datong service. At any rate, it's a movie that is more with watching to see how the concept was executed, buy still an enjoyable watch.
December 25, 2009
unique approach to telling a story of an agoraphobe, yet not so unique
October 28, 2009
recommended by Linda, shannylee38.
shannylee38
October 28, 2009
The film title and the cover may seem awkward. But this picture is much more than just a character in love. The ways in which the film is presented is unique. Although we never see the main character, we can feel his emotions through his words and his eyes.
I strongly recommend this film to people who want to experience a different style of filmmaking.
July 20, 2009
"where is she?"
"she is in a place where you can never find her. she's outside"

pretty common lines but when you are put in the place of the main character, being a sentimental agoraphobic, using a different visual concept, it turns to be really original and surprising. really great!
May 14, 2009
Is this really gonna happen in real?? We are not that far from it...
½ December 1, 2008
the 1st person perspective of being confined to a room and interfacing life through a computer is great!
November 1, 2008
very good image of getting lost "inside" technology. And the love story is solid in a very obvious twisted way. Loved it, and re-seen it. It doesn't get better, but stays solid. The ending is somewhat too ambigous for me - like I skip the cut-away material at the end of "Welcome, Mr. Chance/Being there" for its lack of coherence with the movie itself.
½ October 5, 2008
A truly innovative look at what it is to connect with others, to cocoon ourselves away vis-à-vis virtual reality (and incindentally, the movie was written and made before the Internet had such a large impact on the world), and the imprisonment that such cocooning may present. Groundbreaking in its presentation and technique of being made, Thomas est amoureaux presents a rich environment to think upon which other movies do not offer.
July 27, 2008
The first time I put it in, I turned it off within 5 minutes. The second time, I actually gave it a chance and was very glad I did. Especially interesting if you like computers and technology.
May 20, 2008
Recommended by Luciana.
½ May 20, 2008
An interesting and impressive film. Recommended.
½ March 30, 2008
Trappings of the virtual world; simple enough premise used to discuss key issues of contemporary urban living.