Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage Reviews

• Dec 07, 2019

I love how in depth and pure this movie was. I also love how it focused on the story instead of fame and fortune. Thomas Kinkade is one of my favorite artist and this was truly a movie for my collection.

• Nov 27, 2015

The movie feels like an old black and white movie due to the slow pacing and the nature of the dialogue, which is perfect for the atmosphere of the movie. This movie is incredibly tragic and depressing, but heartbreakingly realistic. It's so grim that it's hard to watch at times on account of the overwhelming gloom. Yet the saddest scenes are the most poignant ones. If you've seen Jared Padalecki as Sam in Supernatural or as Dean in Gilmore Girls, you know that he is a master at portraying youthful innocence in a grounded, relatable way. Sam and Dean were never quite as optimistic and idealistic as Thomas Kinkade is in this movie, so it's a marvel to see Jared add such depth and uniqueness to Thomas without making him anything remotely like Sam or Dean.

• Nov 21, 2014

This was a very sweet holiday movie.

This was a very sweet holiday movie.

• Dec 28, 2013

Nice premise. Ok story... Good christmasy feeling. Glad I found it in a bargain bin.

• Oct 07, 2013

Overly sentimental and over-acted yet surprisingly enjoyable Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage will never be esteemed alongside most holiday classics but does enough to give a chance during the holidays.

• Jul 20, 2012

Really good movie!!!

Really good movie!!!

• Apr 22, 2012

This was a pretty cute movie. It gives great love and makes you feel about making your life better. It is based on a true story is great and has great insight into a true family. It is very much a feel-good type of movie. I suggest it for anyone who is a holiday fanatic, great movie for Christmas time :)

• Dec 21, 2011

I thought it was a wonderful movie.

I thought it was a wonderful movie.

• Nov 23, 2011

• Oct 11, 2011

This would melt many people's hearts and make them weep and be happy to be alive ... and while there is nothing wrong with any of those feelings or sentiments, it bothers me when a movie is THIS heavy-handed with the schmaltz. If this were a plate of pancakes, the plate AND the table would be overflowing with sticky, sweet syrup. And syrup is good -- it is yummy and sweet; but there can be too much of it. The film is sweet and sentimental and life-affirming like a wholesome Thomas Kinkade paiting of an adorable cottage. It is one that you fear criticizing as some will object and call you heartless ... not understanding that my critique of the film is not the warm and fuzzy story (which is "nice" to come across) but the over-abundance of the warm and fuzzy that could be constricting and suffocating. It it when someone tries TOO hard and tries to say ALL of the right things ... the film is too manufactured to be an ideal perfection. I appreciated the "never-give-up your dreams of being an artist" element of the story -- VERY much so; it is just that there are too many servings of syrup onhand for this film enthusiast to enjoy. Many would/will LOVE this film and I am happy that movies are made that re-affirm the wonderful-ness of life and dreams ... but I don't want to see something try THIS hard to make one feel oh-so-happy as it felt contrived and therefore not realistic.