Thor: The Dark World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thor: The Dark World Reviews

October 20, 2016
Heh, a promising action film, but makes me less interested in giving it a watch, no thanks to the reappearance of annoying characters!
October 14, 2016
Very rare to find a film that's arguably better then the first one...Thor: The Dark World is a great example! YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED! :)
½ October 8, 2016
'Thor: The Dark World' is a mighty good time at the movies and a very well paced sequel.
½ September 30, 2016
The visuals, costumes and grading is amazing. But apart from the bad ass bosses who look cool, I can't help but feel let down. They build the boss up so well, but his fight is just boring and doesn't show much action or power in the final battle. All the battle is, is the guy and Thor flying around aimlessly. Marvel still doesn't know how to capture the power of two super beings fighting each other.
September 29, 2016
Thor: The Dark World may not be as composed or fresh as its predecessor, yet I relish the experience of this chapter just about as much. If nothing else, it delivers a similarly skillful pliancy in storytelling and levity; not to mention, the congruous volume of ferocity.

On a personal level, I appreciated the film's focus on Loki, the trickster god: he offers a very gratifying role as the plot's devious and charismatic antagonist.

[C+] -- 64%
½ September 28, 2016
I know he's a bad guy, but I still love Loki.
September 28, 2016
If only there was less of the bitch Jane who is literally the cause of Frigga's death the cunt~
½ September 27, 2016
A great add on to the Marvel cinematic universe. Looking forward to The Guardians of the Galaxy film mainly because - no spoilers - this film had a lot of stuff that could possibly tie in.
September 25, 2016
To be honest I'm just gonna say the movie looks good or butts in terms of story it's not that good but from what I can say it's not as bad as the Incredible Hulk
½ September 24, 2016
Once again the humour and action is the saving grace of this movie. The villain is weak in characterisation which makes this not a perfect movie.
September 18, 2016
Not as immersive as the first one, possibly because it's much of the same, but that isn't entirely bad. It still has humor and witty dialogue, crazy action sequences, nice visuals, and a grandiose plot, which is also a good thing in this case
September 13, 2016
I really dug this film! I know a lot of people didn't care for it that much. But I'd put it above Cap. America TFA, Iron Man 2, Avengers AOU.
½ September 9, 2016
I say thee yay! Lots of awesome Demi-god smiting done in the Mighty Marvel way. Even Natalie Portman has something to do this time. This series' only flaw is it will probably never top the charm of Loki as its main antagonist, rendering all new villains, like Malekith, neutered. However, this may be the worst film to watch in 3D since 'Clash of the Titans'.
½ September 6, 2016
I liked this one and thought it was funny and entertaining
½ September 6, 2016
What a silly film, enjoyed it though!
September 5, 2016
A big budget TV episode other than the scene stealing work from Tom Hiddleston as Loki
September 2, 2016
Poor Thor might have the weaker stand alone films, but Thor 2 has a more exciting tale to tell, even up to its chaotic, non sensical third act, it continues being a joy from start to finish despite a couple hang ups that could have been written out or forgotten.
September 2, 2016
Didn't even hold my interest for 10 mins. Still, Thor and Hiddleston so...
½ September 1, 2016
If you love the Marvel franchise, Thor: the Dark World generally follows the same formula with great action, but no shortage of flaws. There are some major struggles with tone, where big emotional moments are followed by bizarre comedy that seems to come out of nowhere. Most of the comedy was good (especially the excellent cameo by Captain America), but this franchise would seriously benefit from a departure by Kat Dennings, who completely takes you out of the movie and does not fit into this world at all. The plot is for the most part all over the place, with key plot points being shoehorned everywhere and certainly quite messy. When the fighting kicks in, all of that is briefly forgotten and those are the parts of the movie we are more than happy to pay for. Thor: The Dark World is very disorganized, but finds its footing more as it progresses, with Hemsworth and Hiddleston nailing it as the Asgardian brothers.
August 31, 2016
Thor: The Dark World certainly has some visual value, but its script is generic, its story is dull, its characters are either boring or obnoxious, and it's simply not up to par with previous MCU installments.

V: 70%