Thor: The Dark World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thor: The Dark World Reviews

½ June 12, 2018
WORST MCU MOVIE EVER. Thor: The Dark World is an awful movie. I honestly don't understand how a lame film like gets a 77% RT audience score. Thor: The Dark World deserves to have at least a 38% Rotten Tomatoes audience score. It was such a lame boring, dumb, and forgettable movie. I've watched this movie and I fell asleep 3 times watching it on television. The plot is bad. Natalie Portman's acting sucks. The Midgardian characters (Jane, Darcy, Selvig, and the intern) are all horrible and uninteresting. The villain Malekith is horrible and one-dimensional. The action is lame and dull. The story is god-awful. Some of the acting is bad (mainly from Natalie Portman). The humor is stupid. Bad plot, stupid annoying characters like Jane, Darcy, Selvig, and that intern whose name isn't even important, Malekith being a horrible, lame, generic, one-dimensional villain with no motivation, Frigga's lack of screentime and character development, the action scenes being lame and dull, the bad fight choreography, the forced humor, Loki joking the day right after their mother dies when he and Thor were escaping from Asgard, Odin being an arrogant douche, the cheesy dialogue, the terrible chemistry between Thor and Jane, Christopher Eccelston being horribly wasted and gave his weakest performance ever in this movie, Natalie Portman and her bad acting, Darcy being useless and annoying and even much more annoying than she was in the first Thor movie, the third act and final battle being awful and underwhelming, Malekith's poorly executed death by the hands of Erik Selvig because he remotely teleported Malekith's giant spaceship above him which fell and crushed him to death which was such a stupid, cheap, cheesy death. This movie sucks. Awful movie.
June 11, 2018
it was good. I liked it. But a bit disappointing.
½ June 10, 2018
how is this over 60% and man of steel 55% justice league 40% when they obvious were better films
June 9, 2018
crazy this gets a 66% and man of steel gets a 55%
June 7, 2018
This movie couldn't come up to the first one but it has some great action scenes with a darker tone than any other MCU movies before this one. And again Tom Hiddleston steals the show as Loki.
June 7, 2018
Thor ; The Dark World isn´t one of the best MCU films,but it delivers an adventure with humor and action
June 6, 2018
Nope. Not evn touching this one.
½ June 5, 2018
Despite a virtually non-existent (comparatively) promotional campaign for Marvel's latest effort, Thor: The Dark World has crushed its competition box-office-wise. Though receiving less critical acclaim than Captain Phillips or Gravity, it did clean up in the finance department.
I've made no secret of the fact that in the MCU, my favourite Avenger is Thor, so a new film was always going to be an easy ticket from me. And I can't work out if that bias is making me more critical of the film because I care so much, or less because I'm just happy it got made? I'll try to be as above board as possible.
Thor 2 is a spectacle, make no mistake. It has the appropriate mix of explosions, attractive people, monsters, humour, fighting, mesmerising visuals, sweet symbolism and heart-wrenching sorrow that can be expected from a decent super hero film. But beyond that, it doesn't really have much.
I know it sounds like it has a lot, and it honestly does, but I just couldn't help feeling in a quite a number of moments that the thing felt hurried. Maybe if there wasn't such a mad rush to get a Thor sequel out by the end of 2013, they could have spent a little more time fleshing out and filling in the script (not that it's a short movie, I mean the pre-production feels rushed) and better utilising director Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones, Rome, Carnivale). There was a hint of the generic, amongst this otherwise splendid film.
78%
-Gimly
½ June 3, 2018
Thor 2 was an important movie for the MCU and was good. I think the RT score of 66 is to low, but the audience score of 77% is very close to the mark. Loki and Thor are always great, but the Elf's are a so, so enemy as far as MCU foes go. I bought it and would say it's maybe a buyer.
June 2, 2018
It's Marvel's most conventional film and it features their worst villain to date, but the fun action and chemistry between Hemsworth and Hiddleston help keep it afloat and watchable.
May 27, 2018
This movie is really bad. Terrible main villain, some really bad acting and just a dumb story altogether. The worst MCU Movie next to the hulk.
½ May 26, 2018
easily forgettable
malekith was just boring
and the only highlight of the movie was loki who i loved btw but its just sad that he outshadowed thor who was already a big part of the mcu in that time
May 24, 2018
Better than the 1st Thor movie, JUST! Loki scenes carried it to 3 stars imho
May 19, 2018
not as good as as the first thor movie not terrible thu
Better than Ironman 3
May 17, 2018
Thor, el mundo Oscuro puede tener muchos detractores, pero en retrospectiva y tomando en cuenta todo el proceso de planificación que ha iido teniendo Marvel, la película y la mayotía de sus otrora vistas como fallas terminan por tener el 100 por ciento de sentido. La gema de la realidad reacciona según quien la utilice. El villano de turno puede no brillar mucho, pero lo compensa con creces Loki, a estas alturas el antihérioe o villano redimido por excelencia del MCU.
May 17, 2018
Thor the dark world isn't as good as the first one, but it is still funny and good.
May 16, 2018
Fun if unremarkable movie...
May 13, 2018
Entertaining! It was like an awesome combination of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.
May 13, 2018
When your least favorite film in a franchise is still watchable and quite fun, you just realize how consistently good said franchise is. And this is a fact with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, at least in my opinion. The second film solely around the God of Thunder, "Thor: The Dark World" finds the charming prince of Asgard back to his home, alongside his loyal friends, fighting a war to pacify the Nine Realms, unaware of the threat that awaits them. When Thor's girlfriend, Jane Foster is in danger, he will have to team up with his imprisoned brother Loki to defeat an evil which threatens the future of the whole world. As menacing as that may sound, Malekith and the rest of his Dark Elves army are some of the most forgettable, generic and unremarkable villains in cinematic history, which is quite the downfall in comparison to Loki being the villain in the first film. But Thor's adopted brother is a joy to see being heroic as much as being a villain. Chris Hemsworth once again does a pretty great job as the Asgardian God. The overall cast is decent, the action is pretty great, the visuals are on point, most of it works, it's just that it's too generic and predictable that takes some of the enjoyment out of it. It does go deeper into the Infinity Stone plotline of the shared universe though. It's a fun time, definitely not a must-see but still solid.