Thor: The Dark World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thor: The Dark World Reviews

January 20, 2018
Ah. Great! Another Thor movie! So far Phase 2 seems like it will be a disappointing phase. Iron Man 3 was good but disappointing. With this movie I was not as excited. I expected this to be bad especially since the first Thor was meh and the MCU has not been doing well with sequels. *Cough* Iron Man 2. I went into this with no hopes and therefore I was not disappointed. This is another meh MCU movie. In fact it is probably the worst MCU movie ever. It is even worst than the first Thor. Chris Hemsworth is again fine in the role, Anthony Hopkins is again wasted, Natalie Portman again ruins the movie and the only hope is Loki and he fortunately delivers. He is the only thing that saves this movie. His journey is very emotional other than the fact that Kevin Feige cannot let go of his precious characters. The biggest death the MCU has faced is Frega dying and did she really matter. The best thing about her is that her death rallied Thor and Loki so that the movie could be at least meh. Now let us move on to most MCU movies downfall. The villain. Thor: The Dark World is no exception. Malekith is easily the worst MCU villain to date. He is just horrible. What a waste of Doctor Who's Christopher Eccleston. Darcy is back again and while she is less horrible she is still terrible and Selvig is even worst. The end fight is actual pure genius, the action is good and the special effects is also good. Overall it is meh. Thumbs up but barely.
½ January 14, 2018
With impressive visuals and a decent amount of heft, "Thor: The Dark World" outdoes the weaker original.
½ January 13, 2018
Great sequel to Thor. More great humour and fun. I also like that it's more focused on Asgard and the other realms than the first movie. Also enjoyed Malekith and the Dark Elves as the antagonists.
½ January 7, 2018
Ridiculous, boring, forgettable. A real dud that is doubly disappointing after the surprisingly fun first movie. The cast does the best it can, and the visuals are nice, but the script and plot are so stupid, nonsensical, and ultimately unimportant that you can skip this movie entirely and miss nothing.
January 5, 2018
Not as good as the first, but still worth the while, Thor the Dark world proves that the Thor saga has a future.
½ December 27, 2017
It's solid, but the villain is not interesting.
December 24, 2017
I don't understand why people don't like this movie. I thought it was pretty cool and fun to watch. Side note to Marvel: Everything doesn't have to revolve around the world/universe as we know it ending. I mean c'mon it's a movie so we know everytime you make one of these movies that it's not going to happen so just be more creative with your villains and their plans. Maybe do something unexpected. Look at SpiderMan: Homecoming's Vulture, he's freaking perfect and he's not trying to destroy the world.
½ December 22, 2017
Another mis-step from Thor and probably the worst movie in the franchise. Utterly forgettable
December 20, 2017
The film has many strong moments to offer but the villain is weak and some of the character arcs don't really work well for me
½ December 18, 2017
Not as good as the first but still extremely entertaining. Chris Hemsworth still does an excellent job at portraying Thor. He is as funny as always. All together a great movie.
½ December 18, 2017
Boring. This film managed to temporarily kill my interest in Thor (until the release of Age of Ultron and Ragnarok). The movie just doesn't deliver anything worthy for Thor at all and feels the need to attach a forced love story between Jane and Thor. The villain is forgettable, the action is quite unispiring, and the overall plot is just boring. Thor is honestly not given much to do and this film manages to make Loki an even more interesting character. Though I did enjoy the twist with Loki faking his death and casting Odin out of his throne, the movie failed to further develop Thor's character and is honestly a forgettable installment in the MCU.

The mid-credits scene featuring Benicio Del Toro as The Collector was honestly great and added a layer of mystery surrounding the Infinity Stones.
December 17, 2017
Thor 2 is what it is; moments of fun, but feels like a big Marvel filler.
½ December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Otra gran historia de uno de los mejores superhéroes del UCM.
December 16, 2017
Though it's not at the level of "The Avengers", it's damn close and surpasses the first one with great visuals, awesome action, and a surprisingly good amount of comedy. Tom Hiddleston is still the best part of the series. He steals every scene he's in.
December 10, 2017
Miss the days of Superman with Christopher Reeves....
December 9, 2017
It is a film. It exists. It's not awful. But it's not going to change your life either...
½ December 9, 2017
its okay but not that great.
½ December 8, 2017
The trustworthy performances by Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and the rest of the ardent cast seem not-so-surprisingly fine, but the storyline occasionally stumbles upon its relatively flawed approach at its overabundant climax, doing which it remains a watchable flick of esteemed potential with its inherent wit, humor and a reliable bunch of standout moments.
December 6, 2017
So bad. It's really bad. Not even when comparing to the first and third! But, it is even worse in comparison, and I don't really even like the third, and I don't remember much from the first. I may not have even watched it!
½ December 6, 2017
Loki is awesome in Dark World :)