Thor: The Dark World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thor: The Dark World Reviews

½ August 21, 2017
Come per Iron Man 3, per la storia generale della serie Marvel questo titolo è servito a ben poco, introducendo soltanto una delle sei pietre dell'infinito. Per il resto, rimane coerente con quello che il primo film aveva offerto, con divertimento e azione che di certo non mancano. Ho avuto come la sensazione che la stiano tirando un po' troppo per le lunghe, con film che ormai non hanno più niente da offrire, se non una storia a sé stante e collegata con gli altri film solo in rare parti. E' stata una mezza delusione, che come già detto aggiunge ben poco alla serie Marvel.
August 20, 2017
Alright movie, but felt like it was just kinda empty-hearted.
August 20, 2017
Trash!!! And then put some important information in it so you have to see it
½ August 19, 2017
This is by far the worst marvel movie in the mcu. The script writing and interaction between the characters was surprisingly awful for the product such a high caliber studio, especially in the beginning. Things get better toward the middle, when the focus is centered on Thor and Loki, who (the actors) both do a great job. The final act (and most of the movie for that matter) just lets the visuals and stylish direction do most of the leg work, and its decent enough low stakes action that mildly entertains. But honestly, for how demanding comic book movie nerds are about quality, we should really expect more than this
August 12, 2017
These movies always bring a different taste into the Marvel Universe. The "Thor" movies have always gone deeper in comic theology than any of the other Marvel movies. Natalie Portman is still looking amazing. Love these movies because of the comedic clash between mortal and immortal. Insane fictional weapons and characters. Love the bickering between the two brothers.
Side note: Why is Loki still alive? Oops I jinxed it. Wait what!
Love these endings.

Mid credit scene is Asgardian warriors sent to meet The Collector to give him an Infinity Stone (due to the fact that Asgard already has one in storage).

End credit scene is Jane and the crew at breakfast, Thor comes back, the monster that gets teleported to Earth is still on the loose.

Stan Lee plays a shoeless patient in a mental hospital listening to Dr. Selvig rant about the alignment of the realms.

Stone tracker: The Collector now has The Infinity Stone of Reality
August 11, 2017
Yeah sorry, but I didn't see this as a very good movie.
½ August 11, 2017
As much as I love the MCU, I can't help but feel that Thor: The Dark World just doesn't have the extra push that other films from the Universe had, especially coming off of the heels of The Avengers. But then again, should I have been surprised since it's directed by the dude who directed that Terminator movie with post-politics Schwarzenegger that most people disliked because it ruined the old Terminator they knew or something? It's illogical, the villain's kind of bland, it occasionally seems like its ripping off one fantasy or sci-fi movie or the other and I felt that the script was a bit uneven every now and then. Malekith: Witch, where is the Aether? Frigga: I will never tell you Malekith: I believe you. Me: You believe that Thor's mom will never tell you? I think it makes sense when I look back in retrospect but the execution makes it manages to not out-Martha "Martha" by the skin of its teeth. And damsel-in-distress Natalie Portman annoyingly saying "sea bass" multiple times whilst on a date with Thor's placeholder Chris O'Dowd. Good news: It has enough redeeming qualities to get 3.5 stars. I've been giving too many movies 3.5 stars lately. I need to go see The Emoji Movie soon. I need a 1 star. I've never given just one so far EVER. *sigh* On with the praising. Thor 2 has amazing visuals, engaging action sequences, the requisite amount of humour that makes an MCU movie enjoyable, great performances with a show-stealing Tom Hiddleston as Loki and, just like any movie in this franchise/fictional shared universe lovely CGI. Thor's second solo outing is the weakest MCU movie which has both its ups and its downs. Thankfully, the former outnumber the latter. Hopefully Thor: Ragnarok will be the son of Asgard's first solo outing that everyone actually loves. Can't wait to see Thor's new haircut, Mjolnir's demise, the Hulk and a couple of great fights which Doctor Strange will eventually just happen to be involved in apparently. It's gonna be awesome, but then again, I say that to every MCU entry and look what happened to Iron Fist. Hey, nobody's perfect.
August 9, 2017
tiene una trama que asegura que el espectador desee mas, tiene un final abierto pero que por momentos aburre
August 6, 2017
a good movie that is enjoyable. A villian that has no purpous or reason. Yet still an enjoyable. They spent good time on asgard. It was funny and was good.
August 4, 2017
Good but barely survives because is the charisma of its great cast.
½ July 30, 2017
I liked it, but seriously Natalie Portman. I think we can do without her.
July 23, 2017
Thor is back and this time it is better because it gets right down to a fight action I do like it more then the first one! Such a fun movie that I enjoy! My favorite characters are Thor, Loki, Malakeith. There are funny parts in the movie I find Loki funny in this movie. She'll Thor make it to the Dark
½ July 23, 2017
A pretty entertaining Marvel movie, even if it doesn't reach the limits of The Avengers and in my personal opinion Iron Man 3. Chris Hemsworth is great as Thor once again and so as Tom Hiddleston as Loki, nobody else could ever play those roles better than those guys, they own their characters. It was very entertaining to see them banter back and forth between each other. The action is great as well and you get more action in Asgard this time than you do in the first Thor movie. One of the flaws I had with the movie was some of the humor was stupid and wasn't thought out well enough, but there were still other funny moments that worked though. Another flaw with the film was Kat Dennings, her role was just completely pointless and she got on my nerves at times and she was also a flaw with the first Thor movie. Another big problem was the main villain Malekith, he played a weak adversary for Thor and he was just not a convincing or threatening villain, its a big disappointment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe especially since all the good villains we've had in the past. Besides the flaws, I still had a pretty fun time with the movie even though I like the first one more.
July 20, 2017
I liked it. Rather mindless, and as a result, a bit dull. But, Thor and Loki's dynamic was entertaining.
July 20, 2017
Better than the first Thor, I know many people didn't really like this, but I like it. Seeing Thor and Loki interact with each other is great and it's a good way to explore the character of Thor.
July 19, 2017
Tom Hiddleston excels.
½ July 17, 2017
Very entertaining and it wears it's gleeful comic book roots on its sleeve, but doesn't quite have the magic of the first Thor.
July 13, 2017
One of Marvel's worst films, an uninspired direction, a horrible villain and a waste of talented actors.
July 9, 2017
The star of the Thor franchise is Loki. He is what made the first Thor movie so compelling - a flawed villain with believable, human motivation.

But he's now completed his transformation that began in The Avengers into a generic cartoon. Bad guy wants the throne, because bad guy is evil. This is what makes this film so frustrating for me. Thor's struggle is not nearly as compelling as it was in the first movie, the conflict is cheesy and cliche, and the whole film just feels lazy and unnecessary.