Thor: The Dark World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thor: The Dark World Reviews

April 25, 2018
This is one of Marvle's few missfires. I still loved Thor and Loki's charecter bonding, and most of the action was good but the two villians just stunk and completly ruind the movie. the atack on Asgard was a fun sequence, but the final fight altho it had some interesting concepts was the worst fight sequence in the whole movie, plus Thor states out just how poor the villian is with the phrase, "With all that power I thaught you would hit harder." This movie in some scense just made me feel stupid whatching it like when Erik Selvig is running around naked and when he hugs Thor and Jane in his underwear. I just did not like this movie overal.
April 25, 2018
It has all the fast-paced action, CGI, and humor as the first installment, but 'Thor: The Dark World' has too many dull speeches and uneven storytelling to make it one of the less superior additions to the MCU.
½ April 24, 2018
Whilst I'm not a great Thor fan, this is admittedly a very well made, entertaining movie that I'd be more than happy to watch again. A step up from the first Thor movie and the 3D is much better implemented.
½ April 23, 2018
So far The Wolverine and KickAss2 have been the only good superhero movies of 2013.
Loki steals the movie again, and is the only character who somehow shows acting despite a script that does not does any favors, and he is the saving grace of the movie. Loki here is less of the cartoon he was in Avengers, and more the god of michief, being finally the fisrst MCU villin to suceed at somethng. CGI is 2/3, still cartoony. The problem is how Marvel Studios films are never serious enough (except Ironman1 & 2), and how they seem to be becoming more and more by the numbers, Thor2 is well directed but the formulaic script, prevents it from greatness. but how long can Loki be there without getting as stale and overdone as everyone else was in the Avengers. Hemworth is good as Thor but unlike Thor1 here he is given too few to go on, Natalie Portman is a great actress and her talents are totally wasted here.
½ April 23, 2018
A sequel that doubles down on the otherworldly adventure as more that just the fate of the Earth hang in the balance.
April 21, 2018
Thor is TOO beastly! lots of great scenes and beautiful shots. some good emotional moments, great action. great hammering (5 viewings)
April 17, 2018
I didn't find it that good! Evil elves! Like really! The main villain, not so terrifying! He's boring! The after credit scene of Thor and Jane kissing suck.
April 15, 2018
Improving upon its production and some of its values doesn't seem to compensate the absence in the Shakespearean direction granted by Branagh in the first film, nor the lack of a solid villain, but Alan Taylor's sequel misses the solid aspects in regards of story and general development, leaving just standard amounts of action and character interactions, special mention to show-stealer Tom Hiddleston, ending up a passable entry in the MCU, and showing how Marvel, at its weakest, still partially delivers.
April 14, 2018
After going back and rewatching it, it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. It's still a pretty decent movie even though it's one of the worst in the MCU.
April 12, 2018
The worst film in the MCU. Thor: The Dark World does have some fun moments, but it can't top the dull, overserious storyline, awful humor, and uninspired villain.

2/5 stars
½ April 12, 2018
let's face it: director alan taylor is no kenneth branagh. 'thor: the dark world' lacks the heart or sense of wonder of the original, mainly due to character development being next to none. thor has been reduced from a hero who became selfless to a cardboard prop stuck in an 'all balls, no brains' approach. about as meaningful as watching paint dry.
½ April 12, 2018
(70/100)
Thor: The Dark World continues Thor's (Chris Hemsworth) and Loki's (Tom Hiddleston) story excellently from where we left off in Marvel's The Avengers (2012). It is definitely not perfect as it suffers from a villain problem namely that Malekith (Christopher Eccleston) has no other motivation to conquer the 9 realms than just conquering them. Also we have a giant laser beam shooting up into the sky, which is a downside might I add. Loki (Tom Hiddleston) is definitely a plus in this movie, I love his charisma and back and forth banter between Thor (Chris Hemsworth). The CGI also could be better in some places. I love that the movies continue introducing us to the MCU in the way that the Aether (Reality Stone) connects all 9 realms and shows us that there is way more out there. Thor: The Dark World is, I think, worse than Thor (2011) but it is a pretty average entry in the MCU.
April 10, 2018
Though it's not a bad film, it's easily the worst film in the MCU, and that's saying something.
April 8, 2018
It certainly isn't the best of the Marvel films, but the weak middle is overcome by a great finale.
April 8, 2018
Defiantly not one of the best entries in the MCU but solid performances by Hemsworth/Hiddelston make it enjoyable.
½ April 7, 2018
While gearing up for the 3rd installment of the Avengers movie I rewatched the 2nd Thor movie. All three Thor movies are good but I do favor this movie over the other two but not by much. What I like about this movie is they spend some time on Asgard plus the villains are better. The Dark World was exactly just that dark the storyline was dark yes it had a few laughs but this was the most serious out of all 3 Thor movies. I like the rival between the brothers Thor and Loki and for just a short moment you think Loki will do whats right but think again.
½ April 4, 2018
Enjoyable if not extraordinary Marvel film that delivers on the action & visual effects but not quite the emotion & heart needed for a memorable film. Director Alan Taylor delivers the action but can't quite bring the nuance & grit he did with the "Game of Thrones" series. Asgard is still a sparkling perfect city while the Dark Elves, while menacing & cool-looking, are one-note villains (reportedly, a number of deleted scenes would have fleshed that out). The romance between Thor & Jane Foster isn't given real weight as well, despite excellent performances from both leads (Hemsworth is the embodiment of the Norse god, while Portman is a charming as ever). The film does pick up in the second half once Loki (brilliantly played by Hiddleston, who needs his own film at this point) joins the action, elevating everyone around him (his & Hemsworth's scenes are the best part of the movie). While not the best of the Marvel films, still a fun time at the movies.
April 4, 2018
The final fight scene is simply to much, and allowing Loki to play around a little more on the screen was awesome. Unfortunately though, outside of the set up for Avengers: Infinity War with the Infinity stones and such, Thor: The Dark World is to this day the most underwhelming, definitely forgettable, and yet entertaining, installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
April 4, 2018
how is this over 60% and man of steel 55% justice league 40% when they obvious were better films
April 1, 2018
They take themselves too seriously and that hurts the movie. It's an ok Marvel flick I guess.