Thor: The Dark World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thor: The Dark World Reviews

September 18, 2017
they really didnt know what to do with these films
½ September 8, 2017
If you just take this movie as a super-hero movie, "Thor: The Dark World" is a good movie. However, some mediocre aspects made this probably the most dissappointing movie in the MCU. Actors like Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddelston, Anthony Hopkins and Idris Elba continue to entertain the Marvel fans and the general audience, while they all managed to develop their respective characters. However Natalie Portman is the only cast element who seems tired of her part. And unfortunately, Malekith is a boring and superficial villain and some other aspects of the script envolving supporting characters made this movie a little doll. But hey, Thor is cool and Loki is cooler!
½ September 7, 2017
Thor: The Dark World attempts to be "darker" but had a villain that was too bland and side characters that were funny at first, but later shoe-horns in humor. Despite those, the main duo, Thor and Loki, have great chemistry.
½ September 6, 2017
The first half was too boring. I enjoyed the second half and the interactions between Thor and Loki. Not bad.
September 3, 2017
A good movie. The cast was great and the plot was good. I liked how they did not dwelve into the love story as in the prequel. Lots of good action and special effects.
September 2, 2017
Thor is back and this one was better I thought because it got right down to fights and action witch was good Hay if you like Thor then see this movie! Will Thor make it to the Dark world find out!
August 29, 2017
Thor: The Dark World has many flaws, namely a forgettable plot, thinly written characters and a lack of villain power. The mindless action and script, however, are unsurprisingly great.
August 28, 2017
Marvel hit a streak of blockbusters and this film is quite similar to Iron Man 2 in terms of quality. I liked the first Thor and thought this could be quite good given the talents behind the camera and in front, but it is a weak sequel that is sustained by the great cast. The first third and tiresome exposition, the film feels like it is chasing the back story the whole time, which grows a little tiresome. I heard the marvel team and director didn't see eye to eye and considering he was in charge of Terminator Genesys, they might have been correct. This film had a decent level of protection at the time and I haven't changed my mind about it, it just feels to big of a storyline on earth for The Avengers not to be involved. The same can be said for Iron Man 3, these save the world films cannot live inside the marvel universe without needing the other superheros to be involved. Not an interesting film overall and just missed an opportunity to have phase kicking off in style. 2017-08-28.
August 27, 2017
Stronger than the original, did not feel like a 90 minute trailer and frankly made the universe a lot more threatening. $8.50
½ August 21, 2017
Come per Iron Man 3, per la storia generale della serie Marvel questo titolo è servito a ben poco, introducendo soltanto una delle sei pietre dell'infinito. Per il resto, rimane coerente con quello che il primo film aveva offerto, con divertimento e azione che di certo non mancano. Ho avuto come la sensazione che la stiano tirando un po' troppo per le lunghe, con film che ormai non hanno più niente da offrire, se non una storia a sé stante e collegata con gli altri film solo in rare parti. E' stata una mezza delusione, che come già detto aggiunge ben poco alla serie Marvel.
August 20, 2017
Alright movie, but felt like it was just kinda empty-hearted.
August 20, 2017
Trash!!! And then put some important information in it so you have to see it
½ August 19, 2017
This is by far the worst marvel movie in the mcu. The script writing and interaction between the characters was surprisingly awful for the product such a high caliber studio, especially in the beginning. Things get better toward the middle, when the focus is centered on Thor and Loki, who (the actors) both do a great job. The final act (and most of the movie for that matter) just lets the visuals and stylish direction do most of the leg work, and its decent enough low stakes action that mildly entertains. But honestly, for how demanding comic book movie nerds are about quality, we should really expect more than this
August 12, 2017
These movies always bring a different taste into the Marvel Universe. The "Thor" movies have always gone deeper in comic theology than any of the other Marvel movies. Natalie Portman is still looking amazing. Love these movies because of the comedic clash between mortal and immortal. Insane fictional weapons and characters. Love the bickering between the two brothers.
Side note: Why is Loki still alive? Oops I jinxed it. Wait what!
Love these endings.

Mid credit scene is Asgardian warriors sent to meet The Collector to give him an Infinity Stone (due to the fact that Asgard already has one in storage).

End credit scene is Jane and the crew at breakfast, Thor comes back, the monster that gets teleported to Earth is still on the loose.

Stan Lee plays a shoeless patient in a mental hospital listening to Dr. Selvig rant about the alignment of the realms.

Stone tracker: The Collector now has The Infinity Stone of Reality
August 11, 2017
Yeah sorry, but I didn't see this as a very good movie.
½ August 11, 2017
As much as I love the MCU, I can't help but feel that Thor: The Dark World just doesn't have the extra push that other films from the Universe had, especially coming off of the heels of The Avengers. But then again, should I have been surprised since it's directed by the dude who directed that Terminator movie with post-politics Schwarzenegger that most people disliked because it ruined the old Terminator they knew or something? It's illogical, the villain's kind of bland, it occasionally seems like its ripping off one fantasy or sci-fi movie or the other and I felt that the script was a bit uneven every now and then. Malekith: Witch, where is the Aether? Frigga: I will never tell you Malekith: I believe you. Me: You believe that Thor's mom will never tell you? I think it makes sense when I look back in retrospect but the execution makes it manages to not out-Martha "Martha" by the skin of its teeth. And damsel-in-distress Natalie Portman annoyingly saying "sea bass" multiple times whilst on a date with Thor's placeholder Chris O'Dowd. Good news: It has enough redeeming qualities to get 3.5 stars. I've been giving too many movies 3.5 stars lately. I need to go see The Emoji Movie soon. I need a 1 star. I've never given just one so far EVER. *sigh* On with the praising. Thor 2 has amazing visuals, engaging action sequences, the requisite amount of humour that makes an MCU movie enjoyable, great performances with a show-stealing Tom Hiddleston as Loki and, just like any movie in this franchise/fictional shared universe lovely CGI. Thor's second solo outing is the weakest MCU movie which has both its ups and its downs. Thankfully, the former outnumber the latter. Hopefully Thor: Ragnarok will be the son of Asgard's first solo outing that everyone actually loves. Can't wait to see Thor's new haircut, Mjolnir's demise, the Hulk and a couple of great fights which Doctor Strange will eventually just happen to be involved in apparently. It's gonna be awesome, but then again, I say that to every MCU entry and look what happened to Iron Fist. Hey, nobody's perfect.
August 9, 2017
tiene una trama que asegura que el espectador desee mas, tiene un final abierto pero que por momentos aburre
August 6, 2017
a good movie that is enjoyable. A villian that has no purpous or reason. Yet still an enjoyable. They spent good time on asgard. It was funny and was good.
August 4, 2017
Good but barely survives because is the charisma of its great cast.