Though None Go with Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Though None Go with Me Reviews

June 29, 2014
Beautiful but sad movie..
January 5, 2014
I went into this not expecting much. I liked the plot info so I thought I would try it out. I started out well.. not HATING it but just being completely annoyed with the very 'today' look of the casting of 20 year old??! something Elizabeth. The way she spoke, acted EVERYTHING got to me. Same with Elizabeth's grand daughter. I was quite annoyed the film was focusing so heavily on the grand mother and didn't understand. Little did I know once it started to focus on the grand mother in her 40's, I would end up crying my heart out until the end of the film!! It was so beautiful!!! Here I was thinking URGH this Elizabeth girl pisses me off and I really hated that casting and the plot and was going to give it 2 and a half stars if it continued like that.Now I can say I will give it 4. It got to me deeply. Funnily enough I did think of 'The Notebook' while watching it near the end and the movie poster says 'fans of the notebook will like this for it's sentimental value'. (something like that) and it is quite like that with the emotional of it! (seen the Notebook about 2 times and no more for me... too sad and too much sex). The good part of this film was the Christian value. About the tests of God and how we will never understand or get answers but we must help others and focus on the good. The old Elizabeth...PERFECT ACTING. I think the reason for my 4 star rating is the 20 something year old Elizabeth... I FELT SO MUCH FOR WILL. :(.. to be honest I did NOT like young Ben. I felt he was a prick. I honestly felt during the ENTIRE film that Will was her soul mate and who was so perfect for her!
September 6, 2013
Wonderful movie about finding God's purpose in our lives when we surrender to Him and follow Him.
½ April 24, 2013
This one is a tear jerker. I wasn't expecting it!! But it was a good movie and had a good lesson.
December 15, 2012
I hate to give this film a negative review; after all, it's a clean Christian romantic drama without the cheesiness of "Thr3e" or the lunacy of "C Me Dance". Still, though the plot was plausible and there were no cringe-worthy special effects, "Though None Go With Me" simply failed to draw me into its world. The entire thing just seemed lackluster; I gave up less than halfway into the movie's hundred-minute running time, because I just couldn't stick with it. Still, don't just go by my review; read others' before deciding whether or not to watch "Though None Go With Me". I may not have liked it, but that doesn't mean you won't.
May 8, 2012
amazing especially for a girl that's in the same situation.
½ September 3, 2011
Pretty nice story, sad, tragic, sweet...a story of faith, love, and endurance...some good and some bad acting...a BAD makeup job to make Cheryl Ladd look older as she relives the story of her life to her granddaughter thinking it will keep her from making a big mistake. I thought it was a pretty decent movie...aspects of it were very interesting.
March 10, 2011
Didn't really like the first half or so...there was too much immature romance. Not terrible overall, but certainly not a favorite.
September 11, 2010
While you may think you have had it tough, watch this one!

More misery befalls a person than anyone should have to take, first the lead character (Ladd) is seen as motherless with her dad. Then her dad dies unexpectedly. On and on it goes.

I found this moving both sobering and worth watching, but how much can anyone take? This lead actress is put thruough utter hell in her losses.

Two palms up!
½ October 16, 2009
It said that if I like the notebook I would like this one.
No way, Jose.
Not even comparable.
September 18, 2009
i really love this movie!!once ko lang napanood, but really touch your hurt..
July 28, 2009
One of my Favorites!
½ July 25, 2009
A low budget yet sweet sentimental film about a young Christian woman in the 1950s who's faith is tested through the various tragedies in her life. It is shown in retrospect as she (Cheryl Ladd) tells her story to her grandaughter. The make up to age Ladd is very poorly done, however over all this is an enjoyable little movie
June 13, 2009
Loved this movie. It reinforced how we christians need to remember "Not mine will, but Thine will be done in our lives". May you blessed and renewed in your faith as you watch this powerful message.
May 7, 2009
What a heartwarming story sure to boost your faith after you watch it. It's a very clean movie...I loved it!
March 27, 2009
A good movie, but the acting in it wasn't the best. The message is solid.
½ February 13, 2009
Ehh, pretty good I guess....
January 27, 2009
I really liked the plot ALOT! But i thought some of the segway scenes were poorly done
½ January 10, 2009
it was a good movie overall i just didnt like how she married will and then Ben came back. man she should of waited. man good but very sad movie but a very good message
January 4, 2009
Good message to remind us that a commitment to serve God should not be altered by a trial of our faith.