A Thousand Acres - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Thousand Acres Reviews

April 16, 2009
One can definitely see the "King Lear" influence in the film. The portrayal of the father-daughter relationship falling apart is well written and acted, but the story takes so many jerky twists that all smoothness or flow is lost. By the end the audience is left lukewarm, not quite crying but not quite satisfied.
½ April 8, 2009
Not a pleasant experience watching this messed up family come undone.
December 31, 2008
I love movies that help me work through the dysfunction of my own. It made perfect sense to me and I applaude the writing performances!
October 31, 2008
The movie was actually better than the book (which I forced to read!) It had all the power the author wanted to express because of Lange and Pfeiffer who were devastatingly good. The supporting cast were good too but its intially the main two leads that steal the show
October 19, 2008
The best drama ever!!! Lange and Pfeiffer put everything that they have into these unforgettable roles. It touches the heart! A must see.
September 2, 2008
Filmen har et enormt potensiale, og bildene i starten er episk vakre fra den amerikanske landsbygden. Dessverre klarer ikke Jessica Lange å levere slik hun bruker å gjøre, og værst av alt er faren - spilt av Jason Robards. Han får hele seansen til å bli nærmere enn onsdagsfilm på TvNorge enn en Digital Versitaile Disk-opplevelse! Men som sagt; mange flotte bilder!
August 11, 2008
Very well acted. Worth a look.
iLeo
½ July 26, 2008
An amazing and courageous movie. Phenomenal story plot. Here is an endearing movie that will leave you a bit teary-eyed. Great cast- Jessica Lange, Michelle Pfeiffer, Colin Firth, Jason Robards, and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Definitely worthy.
½ July 17, 2008
Great Backdrop...corn country
July 13, 2008
What a touching movie!!!
½ July 11, 2008
One of my favorite movies to date. I have seen this movie several times and never grow tired of it. A very dark, disturbing and yet wonderful film. Jessica Lange, as usual, is amazing as were all the actors in this great film!
June 30, 2008
A feminist take on King Lear.
June 17, 2008
A shocking story. What starts out as a friendly movie about the all-American family, ends as a terrifying example of incest, secrets, and generations of hate. Great movie, great acting.
June 15, 2008
I watched YEARS ago and it is just a memorable movie. It is well acted. And it was so unpredictable.. it just blew me ..

dunno if I would still feel the same though if i watch it again!!!
June 6, 2008
This is my all time favorite drama.The story reminds me of me and my sister and the family struggles are very deep and true! Pfeiffer and Lange's best performances!
½ June 2, 2008
Hammy and way over-the-top. Bad direction, writing, and acting. The trifecta.
May 25, 2008
Melankolsk, dramatisk og fængende film. Jessica Lange og Michelle Pfeiffer er perfekte til rollerne som de to ud af tre søstre...Den sidder lige i kassen...
½ May 18, 2008
A complete surprise I thought initially it was a story about family...until it went below the surface and into the deep!!! It was disturbing to see how everyone was/is effected by family and yet we/I are constantly captivated by image /surface
April 2, 2008
Excellent acting, great storyline, underwhelming ending.