Three Miles North of Molkom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Three Miles North of Molkom Reviews

April 27, 2015
Enjoyable and weird and actually very good. We get to watch some hillbillys gather in Sweden for some sort of hippie-festival. What is great is that we get all these people who takes all of these scenes sincere. It is like a clash of how people think, these people and the audience. Philosophical and sweet, thats how you define all these people and thats how these people view the world which makes for some neat social commentary about people indifference. The main guy that the film follows is an Australian footboll coach who just happened to get there without planning to do so. He and his group experiences these things like praying and singing and we get to watch and experience it to. It is funny and thoughtful.
April 12, 2012
Yuk!!! What a cringeworthy film! Why?????
½ September 3, 2010
Fantastisk doku om alternativ festival i Sverige.Følger en gruppe folk gjennom en uke,de er gode,dumme,følsomme,patetiske,rett og slett herlig menneskelige.Her går det unna i alt innen New Age stuff,fra Tree hugging til Tantrisk sex og masse annet moro. Ett must denne!
June 16, 2010
It really needed a sharper focus. In essence it needed Louis Thereaux. The humour was there but it outstayed its welcome.
½ March 31, 2010
I've got some time for, and some experience of new age types (no matter how much nonsense you may think they spout, they're pretty harmless and as seen here, often open and honest), so I was open to enjoying this and enjoyable it was. Shame about the bit where the older lady gets knocked down, that was a bit off to say the least.
February 28, 2010
This was boring and not funny in the least. I found the characters extremely annoying and full of self-importance(even though they were real people) and also difficult to connect to. I would never go to this sort of thing and this film convinved me that this is the right thing to do.
September 27, 2009
The film is long, but it has real soul: it knows how silly we can look, but also what we might gain, when we knock down the barriers and let ourselves go. If movie producers aren't already bidding for the feature rights, I'd be very surprised.
September 25, 2009
A fabulously fun and thought-provoking documentary about an annual hippie/alternative festival in a gorgeous Swedish woodland setting. It's a fair-minded, even-handed and still often very funny look at the journey a diverse group of pilgrims go on in search of enlightenment, healing and peace of mind. There is much earnest talk of energies and spirits, trees are actually hugged, and some of the therapies on offer look pretty silly; the film got a lot of loud laughs when I saw it. Yet it's apparent that the experience of baring their souls, and sometimes their bodies, to a group mostly consisting of strangers, does many of the participants a lot of good. The most striking example is Nick the Australian rugby coach, who is deeply sceptical about it all at first but joins in, gives peace and love a chance and steadily opens up as the film progresses, before getting a heartwarming happy ending. The section towards the end when Nick guides his new friends in his own No Worries Workshop is worth the price of admission in itself.
September 22, 2009
if it wasn't for the "back-packing Australian rugby coach" i wouldn't have survived this film ! the posters suggest a bit more nudity that is actually shown - so don't get your hopes up !!
September 20, 2009
Solid enough documentary, beautiful photography by Joseph Russell. FYI: Very little tasteful nudity.
½ September 17, 2009
Drags quite a bit in places. I'm not sure I agree with nouveau hippies who just do a bunch of traditional/ancient/spiritual ceremonies back to back over a week and expecting to get the full benefit of any of them. To me that just seems like binge drinking ... binge spiritual ceremonies?

I don't think I've ever had the urge to punch someone as much as Ljus and I'm not the kind of person who goes around punching people but argh ... On the other hand Nick's overt cynicism was a nice fresh breath of sanity to the otherwise ubiquitary new age-ism.
September 16, 2009
Deeply dippy film... but worth watching. Some parts feel a little voyeuristic, and others make you laugh out loud (although too many of the laughs come from seeing an itinerant Ozzie rolling his eyes at the 'mumbo jumbo'), and one bit just makes you shout at the screen.

it did help that we saw a preview with a 20-30 minute live set from Russel Howard.