Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri Reviews

August 18, 2018
The actors and actresses are good but overall movie was a waste of my time. I, personally don't like the story. I wish I could give -5 stars.

I have to sign up after I watched this. This is the worst movie in my life. I'm sorry. It's personal comment.

Such a waste of time!
½ August 18, 2018
These sorts of dark comedies are difficult to pull off. In the hands of this talented cast and production team, they manage the almost impossible.
½ August 18, 2018
Bad acting Bad character development. Unrealistic actions. Slow. And way too much inappropriate bad language. Worst movie I have seen in a while.
August 18, 2018
This movie has much to offer, emotion, drama, dark humor and a great plot. Sometimes I think they tried to hard to put humor into the scenes.
½ August 18, 2018
You can go make such boring films for the critics, who always go ooh la la at such garbage, but please release it direct to dvd.

I demand my precious time and money back.
Christopher O.
August 15, 2018
WHile more drama than anything else, it has some true humorous moments and has superior acting from top to bottom. McDormand will break your heart and Harrelson plays one of his finest roles. But, Rockwell gets a role that he owns and finally gets Oscar gold. I felt the ending was sort of a let down but I loved the film and McDonough shows why he is one talented writer and director. 08-11-2018
August 14, 2018
Interesting drama, with a good dose of humour.
½ August 13, 2018
- Horrible acting.
- Terrible script.
- Annoying, unlikable main character.
- Ineffective, appalling "humor".
- Stupid, unrealistic situations.
- Stupid, unrealistic actions from characters.
- Literally zero consequences for anything.
- Atrociously narrated letters from dead man.
- Heavy handed attempt at political statement.
- Completely unresolved ending.
- Utter waste of time.
August 12, 2018
The acting is overall convincing, though the plot is highly cliched and predictable, at times searingly theatrical. The film treats certain sensitive topics with twisted humor and excessive neglect.
August 12, 2018
Well done however the ending felt rushed. Expected something more.
August 11, 2018
I put off watching this movie for months because honestly, I thought it would be too heavy and depressing. But I love Frances McDormand in pretty much everything, so I finally put it on. I LOVED it. I laughed almost as much as I cried. It was very cathartic
August 11, 2018
The best film I've seen in years. A great script, pitch-perfect acting. Everything is great.
½ August 10, 2018
This movie is TERRIBLE. There is a saying that sometime less is more. I love Woody Harleson but they should of had a lesser know person in this role. I love Sam Rockwell but this is one of his worst performances. His character is so shallow. The ending of the movie couldn't have been worse. Are they planning on doing a sequel. The story pretty much goes no where. There are so many characters and we just know a little bit about them. Long form TV on HBO, Netflix, etc will be the end to the movie industry. The long form shows have more time to develop the characters so you actually care about them, you know about their history, motivations, etc. THis movie is trash.....
½ August 10, 2018
Can I give this 0 stars? I really tried to like this movie especially due to its (undeserved in my opinion) high ratings. I got tired of the overuse of the f-word which I tried not to focus on, but this movie moved so slowly and was so incredibly boring I just couldn't finish. I'm really not intrigued enough to go back and finish watching one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
August 9, 2018
An absolutely brilliant movie and viewing experience.

Rarely will a film truly and completely break your heart... repeatedly; & have you belly laughing till it hurts. Repeatedly.

The visceral emotional intelligence within this movie is a generational achievement.

This is destined to be a top 50 movie ever made type of film and will only climb higher as the years go by.

Frances McDormand, Woody Haralson, and Sam Rockwell are American acting Treasures.
August 8, 2018
Whoa! Wow! Will watch again!! :D
August 8, 2018
Awesome performances all around, very entertaining, great dark comedy throughout.
August 7, 2018
10 10. GREAT MOVIE. DRAMA, MYSTERY, CRIME & COMEDY. GREAT MOVIE.
August 7, 2018
Depressing, dark, bleak, a hard film to watch. Just about every character is unlikeable. Even Mildred, although suffering from her daughter's grisly death is a rotten person. I can't imagine how this film is so highly thought of.
½ August 7, 2018
The perpetual profanity is a childish distraction which, when stripped away, leaves a only a sad story with mostly unlikable, angry souls trying desperately to prove that white folks can hate cops and white men too.