Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri Reviews

½ February 10, 2019
How did this win an award?
February 5, 2019
Outstanding film with great performances across the board. Sam Rockwell is truly phenomenal in this role.
February 3, 2019
This wasn't a story, it was an anecdote. The conflict was muddy and the resolution was non-existent. Parts were wonderful but there was not enough coherent story to make an enjoyable movie.
½ February 1, 2019
This movie is contrived and it sucks.
½ January 29, 2019
Three Billboards brings together a stunning cast who give an amazing and emotional performance that really sticks with the audience throughout the film.
½ January 26, 2019
This felt like another emotional roller coaster with great emotional value and great humor and funny jokes. The actors where as perfect as perfect gets. The emotional scenes where just simply a masterpiece and they delivered the feelings of sorrow, love, vengeance and anger in such a meaningful and artistic way. The director's style and choice in cinematography is simply something Iv'e never seen before. Fresh and very well executed. The movie is such an entertaining piece and it keep the tension high all the way through with it's amazing unforeseen events and turns that it depicts the struggle of real life perfectly. The shadiness and lies and every single detail was outstandingly executed. The characters are just so perfectly written and acted and such complex personalities with profound moral codes that it is hard to even start to comprehend yet still believable, because it strongly reflects the reality to much. The emotional power this movie has is just amazing. The music also helped the impeccable immersion and tension. The situations our main characters are presented with and interacting with each other are often grotesque. But the humor and funny situations are very well delivered as well. I honestly had gags in one minute and tears in my eyes the other minute. It's literally like a lifeline of emotional overwhelming project.
Overall it's an amazing movie which it's a must watch if you can stomach the drama genre. It was always a 10/10 masterpiece but the conclusion and ending was a bit lack luster which cut right before the apex of the events. None the less the message is clear and strong visiting true problems in the world. AMAZING!!!!
½ January 22, 2019
Three Billboards has some great moments. Overall I would say the timing is off with most of the humor however. Seemed like McDonagh was too accustomed to writing/directing for the stage. The film didn't come close to the magic of In Bruges but it is enjoyable. Will watch it again with boxxy software app.
½ January 18, 2019
Unforgettable performance from it's veteran cast, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri sets the tone to both dark comedy and crime drama films.
½ January 16, 2019
I saw it, I forgot it. FM's a good actress. We already knew that.
Guess I just didn't get the appeal.
½ January 16, 2019
I was sceptical before seeing this film that it could possibly be humorous. But it was. It's a great film, well balanced. The scene where Mildred drives past the billboards shouting at the reporter is one of my favourite movie scenes. Francis McDormand is amazing.
½ January 16, 2019
Uau, que deliciosa pequena surpresa esse filme. Gostei da direção, estilosa, mas sem exageros; a fotografia linda, mas sempre a serviço da história, nunca se sobrepondo, e o desenvolvimento do roteiro que, apesar de algumas situações que me pareceram meio forçadas, trouxe uma sensação de imprevisibilidade muito bem-vinda.

O filme É da Frances McDormand. Quase um presente feito sob medida para ela ganhar todos os prêmios, e ela entrega, meu nego. ;)
January 15, 2019
Enjoyable dark comedy only let down but an unsatisfying ending.
January 12, 2019
Stunning acting from a superlative cast. Just shows what can be done with a simple setting, minimal special effects (okay, the explosion), and just a spectacular script. I don't see how anyone could be disappointed in this. Deserve all the plaudits. The emotion is raw and the pain it draws from you stays long after leaving the cinema. It's a triumph.
½ January 9, 2019
Frances McDormand gives a career performance with co stars Sam Rockwell and Woody Harrelson equally as good. The narrative is facisnating, creating mystery and thrilling scenes.
½ January 7, 2019
Gripping for the most part with strong characters. Just as in 'In Bruges' theres great humour amongst the anguish. I was very disappointed in the finish in what felt like an anti-climax. Really letting the film down.
January 3, 2019
Brilliant plot, brilliant script, brilliant acting, brilliant soundtrack and score. A masterclass in storytelling.
½ January 2, 2019
A crazy good story that's amazingly executed, Martin McDonagh delivers a moving and captivating drama about anger, forgiveness, and how different people (who, in one way or another, were already fairly messed up to begin with) deal with a horrible and tough situation (hint: it's not well). Infused with the writer/director's signature dark humour, the script is so damn good and allows the outstanding cast (McDormand, Rockwell and Harrelson are brilliant) to really get stuck into a wide range of emotions and deliver some fantastic dialogue. The ending is, perhaps, not as satisfying as it could have been, but then again, it's very McDonagh.
January 2, 2019
I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a film so much let alone an Oscar drama but Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri is poignant, enthralling, and just that good. McDonagh writes and directs this witty dramady brilliantly but it's the performances that steer it into greatness. Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell earned those Academy Awards for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actor respectively and if it were possible I believe Woody Harrelson deserved one as well. I enjoyed every minute of it but admit I did find the ending disappointing as I was waiting for a grand conclusion but the movie's message of forgiveness came through regardless.
½ January 1, 2019
This was the worst movie I have see since Manchester By The Sea.
December 30, 2018
Tres Anuncios Por Un Crimen ( Three billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri) USA/UK ï¿ 1/2" 2017
Dirección: Martin McDonagh
Ciento quince minutos, el metraje preciso, para narrar la desesperación de Mildred (Frances McDormand) por la violación y muerte de su hija, sin resolución y convertida en un ï¿ 1/2cold caseï¿ 1/2Â?.
Con ritmo lento y cansino, Martin McDonagh, presenta la historia de esta madre divorciada, invadida por la ira, que recorriendo la carretera a la entrada de Ebbing, advierte tres grandes carteles de anuncios publicitarios libres. Como protesta y provocación, alquila gigantes leyendas escritas, reclamando justicia. Particularmente una, referida a la decidia del comisario Willoughby (Woody Harrelson), que aún no tiene respuesta, ni ha encontrado al criminal.
A partir de esas primeras secuencias, la tensión se acelera y se torna cada vez más sofocante. Todo el entorno lo es. Los policías de la comisaría, los vecinos del pueblo, el sacerdote, el ex marido de Mildred con su novia veinteañera. En todos reluce una mediocridad exasperante.
Frances McDormand tiene en este film una performance impecable, donde quizás supere a Fargo (2008) de los hermanos Coen, de quienes la película tiene bastante influencia. La complejidad de su situación, cargada de culpa e ira a la vez, deseosa de justicia y venganza y que arremete contra un pueblo entero, Frances/Mildred, actúa con el despojo de quien ya no tiene nada más que perder.
Secundan a esta extraordinaria actriz un elenco más que convincente. Todo el personal de la comisaría, cada uno en su rol perfectamente definido, especialmente el oficial Jason Dixon (Sam Rockwell), limitado, racista y exageradamente violento. Sam Rockwell, más conocido en televisión y cine por personajes de comedia, logra una transformación perturbadora y con una incuestionable vena dramática.
La banda sonora de Carter Burwell incluye temas míticos como ï¿ 1/2The Night They Drove Old Dixieï¿ 1/2Â? interpretado por Joan Baez y un pasaje de la ópera ï¿ 1/2Marthaï¿ 1/2Â? al inicio del film.
Recordamos al director Martin McDonagh por ï¿ 1/2Perdidos En Brujasï¿ 1/2Â? (2008), pero en esta película se supera ampliamente.