Three Coins in the Fountain Reviews
It's portrayal of Italy is so Hollywoodized. "La Strada," an ITALIAN movie directed by Federico Felini, was released that same year and portrays Italy in a much more natural, more beautiful way than this limpness. "La Strada" is also a great movie in terms of acting and entertainment, one of the best of 1954. This isn't and look at all the nominations it received! Interestingly, this film is part of a group mediocre releases from the 1950's that shares it name with a classic or great song (the other embarrassments are "Love Is a Many Splendored Things" from 1955 and "A Summer Place" from 1959). The one redeeming feature is Frank Sinatra's take on the title tune. Just depressing this movie is and it ranks among the Best Picture nominees "embarrassment" list.
Full of cutesy scenes & gorgeous scenery & ultimately is a satisfying Romantic Comedy.
It's amazing how many elements of Rom Com's are still intact today & something's never change. It's a predictable film but lets be honest that's what we love about them.
The movie was nothing special - something about three girls finding husbands.
- Georgio and Prince Dino were very dashing and charming. I liked them both, but I felt bad for them. They both got the shaft!
- Half the movie is sad, and the other half is happy. I was glad the ending was a happy one. I was scared for a little bit it wasn't going to be a good ending.
- Prince Dino went to pick up Maria, and he honked the horn for her!! I can't stand it when people do that, especially if you are picking a girl up for a date!
- I can't decide if I like it or not. I had to watch it twice, and I'm still undecided. I like a lot of things about it, but other things bug me a little. I might need another female's perspective. Any of you want to watch it with me? Overall I don't think it was amazing, but I think I could learn to really like it. Right now, I'm sitting at "it was good, but I didn't like _________."
- If you love romance and chick flicks, you'd love this movie! I can think of a few of friends who would probably adore this one.