Three Dollars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Three Dollars Reviews

½ September 15, 2007
Meaningful. I like it and not only because some of it was shot at climbing mecca, Mt Arapiles.
September 15, 2007
A very good movie that comments on society on so many levels, without being a sermon. Brilliant. I will see it again.
August 31, 2007
This reflects where I (and probably many of my friends) may be getting to in our lives - hopefully not so grim, but looking at the ethical dilemmas that can strike at 30-somethings with kids and the full catastrophe...
½ August 27, 2007
August 26, 2007
Awesome! def one of my favourites...honest portrayal of modern day standard moral dillemas. Dave Wenham awesome actor
July 21, 2007
A very sweet film and a somewhat indulgent exploration of aging and expectations.
July 11, 2007
such an amazing film. shows how quickly your life can fall apart.
July 11, 2007
David Wenham is such a great Australian actor. This film sticks in my mind as one that portrayed (really well) how discusting and selfish humans beings are. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, as I don't really 'enjoy' any of the movies I really like. It is worth seeing.
July 11, 2007
This movie slipped thru my fingers too... but would like to view...:0)
½ June 7, 2007
Convincing human drama, and a brave Aussie film that mixes genres and moods as well as meanings, Wenham is great (as always), a nice moody score and a wholly entertaining film. A plus for the Aussie film industry
June 7, 2007
i love David Wehnem.
January 31, 2007
I really loved this. It's flawed, and a bit overlong/slow, but i felt i could relate to it so much, that it really ended up affecting me.
December 20, 2006
This was the most boring and most disappointing movie I have ever watched. It meandered between irrelevant interludes and mind-numbing dialogue before attempting a crescendo and ending on an anticlimax. The story was implausible. All the family scenes seemed to be written by someone who idealises family life but has not experienced it for themselves. This shifted between syrupy sweet moments and excessively emotional arguments. Many of the scenes and dramas in the movie seemed to come from nowhere and added nothing to the movie. The moral integrity which the main character is seemingly sacked for disappears as he steals chickens with a homeless man the next day. The regular 9 1/2 year reunion with a school sweetheart does nothing to hold the narrative together. It was all unbelievable, unbearable, seemingly written by film students overdosing on syrup, juvenile emotional episodes and boring pseudo-intellectual dialogue familiar to Dawson's Creek fans.

I persevered with this movie, hoping it would go somewhere, was bitterly disappointed by its conclusion and now regret having seen it at all.
November 12, 2006
I did not get to finish watching this which iritated me. Up until the part i saw I thought the movie was brilliant but otherwise it is hard to say.
November 8, 2006
A solid Aussie drama that has great perforamnces by David Wenham, Frances O'Connor and Sarah Wynter but I didn't feel that it exlore the thremes that it was trying to tell us enough. Good but not great.