Three Guys Named Mike - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Three Guys Named Mike Reviews

½ December 14, 2014
which one she'll choose ?! :D
January 12, 2011
For the first half of the movie, this was a career-gal movie about a girl who seems to have all the right skills to be a "stewardess" but occasionally gets in scrapes along the way. Then she meets three guys named Mike and the movie shifts entirely away from her career to those three guys. Hijinks! I liked both halves of the movie, but they didn't really fit well together.
December 7, 2010
unusual that's why i want to see it ^^
January 31, 2010
Jane Wyman plays a flight attendant who is dealing with the romantic overtures of three guys named Mike - one a free-thinking pilot; one a nerdy scientist and the other a creative ad exec. Of course in the America of the early 1950s, marrying any one of these three was literally a career-ending move with the grounded married flight attendants forming a group known as the Kiwis, named after the flightless bird that is a symbol of New Zealand. Ms Wyman eventually makes her choice of marriage partner but a lot of fun is had along the way. The film is in retrospect both an extended product placement advertorial for American Airlines and a nostalgia piece for when flying actually was exciting, economy class had yet to be invented, and meal service was a feature of even short US domestic flights.
½ January 19, 2009
I saw a portion of this on TV when I was about eight, back when we had TV reception. Ever since then I've wondered from time to time about "that movie where the airplane stewardess had three guys named Mike who all wanted to marry her". So when I was at my grandfather's house and was browsing through channels for something to watch and saw this... I shrieked, "OH MAN! I saw this when I was little and always wanted to know how it ended!" So I jumped over to that station and watched it from beginning to end. The story behind this being told, on to the review. It was... eh, okay. I didn't much care for the heroine, she seemed pretty oblivious/naive/something. She doesn't even seem to have an inkling that the guys like her, even though they're asking her out on dates and stuff. I will say, however, that the ending surprised me. She didn't go for the guy I thought she would. Now that's a plus on a romantic comedy. Surprise "No I think I'll marry this guy" twists always are fun. 1
½ June 5, 2008
Sweet and funny show. Such a coincidence all 3 shared the same name but they were really nice to her. Guess which one she ended up with?
½ March 31, 2008
Its all about Barbara Billingsley as the flight att instructor, she hits a button, tips the simulator and the plates go flying. But that has NEVER happened to me.
March 23, 2008
Fun movie, Jane Wyman is sooooo bubbly though. Light entertainment, not particularly memorable, but it's enjoyable while it's on.
October 4, 2007
From the days when being an airline stewardess was something new and exciting. Not much to the plot and not really anything to lead up to or prepare you for the end, which seemed a bit rushed, but a nice popcorn movie if you've got nothing better to do.
½ August 9, 2007
wonderful wonderful movie a complete chick flick with a wonderful story... i been seeing very dull movies for some time and this brought me back to why i love older ones soo much
July 19, 2007
Like I already said, I love classics and I can't get enough of Van Johnson or Howard Keel.