Three Little Words - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Three Little Words Reviews

March 26, 2016
Colorful MGM biopic loosely based on the lives of songwriters Kalmar and Ruby; highlights include Astaire & Vera-Ellen dancing to "Thinking of You," Debbie Reynolds singing "I Wanna Be Loved By You" (voice dubbed by Helen Kane), and Arlene Dahl, strikingly lovely in Technicolor and singing "I Love You So Much."
September 4, 2014
Fred & Vera are a cute couple. Love her. Red Skelton is strange. The movie had some confusing parts but the ending was adorable.
½ November 8, 2010
Great music and wonderful dance numbers from Astaire and Ellen make this light-hearted film playful and foot-tappingly good.
December 31, 2009
Vera-Ellen is an amazing dancer/actress (apparenty not a singer though). Red Skelton should've done the whole number with Debbie Reynolds.
½ October 31, 2009
It has some solid songs and dances. However, the chemistry and performances are often flat. Red Skeleton isn't much of an actor even for a musical.
June 20, 2009
Routine musical, at least as routine as it can be with talents like Astaire and Vera-Ellen in it, they're well matched and when they dance the picture lives and it is beautifully shot but it just doesn't have that zip that the best MGM musicals do.
May 20, 2009
This is one of Vera-Ellen's best films. She is great with Fred Astaire.
½ March 22, 2009
such a great movie musical! Fred Astaire and Red Skelton are such a great duo on the screen. Debbie Reynolds was hillarious; even in just that one song. Really funny moments and great songs and dances.
½ February 1, 2009
Wonderful and joyfull ^^
½ December 3, 2008
My favorite of the MGM bios (that really weren't). Carried nicely by the two stars with help from really delightful music.
October 10, 2008
I think this is my favourite Fred Astaire movie so far, i think i was born in the wrong era.
August 10, 2008
I could tell pretty much right away exactly what the movie was going to be like and that I would like it. Iā??ve never seen an Astaire musical I didnā??t enjoy and this is definitely no exception. It follows all the conventions while keeping it interesting and exciting largely due to chemistry, charisma, and choreography. Vera-Ellen is spectacular and matches with Astaireā??s effortlessness perfectly. Great performance and great dancing. The Mr. and Mrs. Hoofer number is great. They definitely make a good pair and the music/costumes arenā??t bad either. Essentially, every number is great. Astaire has such a great star quality it is ridiculous. He usually can do no wrong. The women in Hollywood musicals are usually incredibly attractive and this one is no exception. Great songs, great numbers, great production values, and great performances.
June 10, 2008
I wish I could watch every movie ever made but I sadly don't have the time. I'm not interested in this movie because I don't think I'll like it or don't know enough about it to think I might like it. I may still end up seeing it some day though.
May 12, 2008
This is a good musical
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
½ February 7, 2008
The music, Red Skelton & Vera-Ellen - not to mention Fred Astaire - make this movie worth watching. Since I saw this movie I actually found mention of 1 of the songs written by them in a book. Very cool.
January 31, 2008
Charming musical with solid dance sequences and some decent comedy.
January 19, 2008
Three little are a dope! Hee hee.
December 16, 2007
A very favorite movie of mine!!!
½ November 13, 2007
"Mr. and Mrs. Hoofer at Home" is a great dance piece with Vera and Fred. The story is a little weaker than others (yes, even on musical standards), but Red Skelton keeps it fresh.