3 Needles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

February 23, 2014
Warning:Rape

[Interested: cannot find.]
December 3, 2012
might be interesting. great cast
½ June 7, 2012
I thought all 3 stories were done excellently. Stockard Channing broke my heart in her portrayal of the Mother who gave her all. I think Olympia Dukakis is one of the best, although not a personal favorite role.
March 31, 2012
Clearly trying too hard to disturb the viewers, and does very little to get its real point across. Waste of time.
January 29, 2012
Very intelligent. Three stories with one theme. Sad and amazing.
October 12, 2011
not interested at all ....
March 13, 2011
My review back in 2007: Although this movie is filled with good actors, it falls very short of a captivating, inspiring, or intelligent story on the AIDS crisis.

I was not fan's of any of these actors or the director, but due to the story subject I was willing to give it a try. The best story was the intial full story ripped from the headlines about AIDS being passed onto innocent Chinese rural citizens. What I was surprised at was that they do not touch on the cover up.

After an initial sad, but very truthful story the movie goes quickly downhill from there. The second story is an idiotic and selfish story, that puts in a twist, but doesn't pay off and only is weird. I felt no sympathy for any of the characters in that second story.

The third story show's the writer and director's total misunderstanding of Catholic theology, nuns, and their views. Then essentially makes a saint out of a Nun who pimps herself out to a rich western business man for the sake of the dying AID's children to make her out as some saint. It ends up being a sad and idiotic moral to a very real crisis in Africa.

This story is not like Babel other than being a losely connected story in various countries. Babel shockingly showed human connection through pain, but this story instead shows nothing of the sort. Instead, it uses a very real crises as a backdrop to some interesting story telling and outright mischaracterization of a faith and promotion of some Unitarian feel good afterschool hogwash.
September 1, 2010
Would love to see this wounderful film.
½ August 30, 2010
A very different look at the AIDS epidemic and how people deal with it in different circumstances. The way the vignettes are depicted is a bit convoluted, but the movie as a whole makes a powerful statement on the human condition nonetheless.
½ April 5, 2010
Very good film. I truly recommended it to everyone. Something new, something unusual.
January 18, 2010
Each of the stories is very harrowing in its own way, but at the end of each there is also hope. The realism of each vignette is harsh and grueling. But without films like this, we would forget the human struggles each of us has to face.
December 21, 2009
Very hard movie that details the effects of the aids epidemic in different corners of the world through three stories set in rural China, Canada and South Africa. Highlights the fact that although aids is a problem worldwide we fail to work together to fight it due to our huge differences in culture and belief.
½ December 5, 2009
Heavy film, makes you think.
½ October 18, 2009
Quite heavy going drama.
July 20, 2009
so loved it , kya movie hai, n joy it, no words to say...
June 28, 2009
Didn't like it. It didn't have enough impact on me.
May 10, 2009
absolutely phenomenal! Three stories about HIV in three different countries, this movie will move you and make you want to get involved in helping people with HIV; we all know that HIV is something we never want to get, but how much do we really know about the disease? This movie does not answer those questions but inspires us to think more about the horrible pandemic that is AIDS
½ April 23, 2009
this is about fighting the true although the people have to opposite with their ideology. Good idea and stroy. Make us realise how to defence our ideology is really hard
March 21, 2009