Melancholian 3 huonetta (The 3 Rooms of Melancholia) Reviews

• Feb 11, 2009

Depressing and sad. Left me with a feeling of hopelessness, why are we doing this to each other, why don't we ever learn?? Top of a league in melancholy.

• Feb 10, 2009

If one doesn't become distressed and sad while watching this then it does never happen. And that's the point. Through the really melancholic storytelling that has almost no commentary takes the watcher really deep into the feelings of the children whose life has been ruined by the war. Wtf is wrong with the people - mostly with (testosteronic) men - when this kind of tragedy has been, is, and will still be repeated countless times in so many places in this world. Do we ever learn or do we care at all? Really impressive and oppressive. Wouldn't like to know world is like that - but it is.

• Mar 06, 2008

I think this movie is meant to be slow, meant to make one feel uncomfortable and see those things as completely unbearable.

• Feb 17, 2008

woah, beautiful, seriously one of the best doco's i've seen...but be careful those who don't like slow things.

• Nov 03, 2007

Nothing much watchable has come from Finland but this documentary links brilliantly the tree stories together and the themes are never too much exposed to the public.

• Oct 22, 2007

A largely visual documentary about the Chechnyan conflict from a children’s perspective, both beautiful and disturbing without moralizing

• Oct 14, 2007

Finns know how to do documents! Hurray Honkasalo!

Finns know how to do documents! Hurray Honkasalo!

• Oct 10, 2007

One of the most haunting and mesmerizing documentaries I have ever seen. Told almost entirely without the use of dialogue or voiceover, this film truly captures the hope and despair that surround young children affected by war.

• Sep 24, 2007

Well,yes, it's a bit slow, but this is characteristic of most Scandinavian movies (say, the great films by Bergman). But this documentary is excellent! The eyes of the little boy abused by soldiers... :( The film is worth watching at least because of this.

• Sep 08, 2007

It just makes a mockery of its subjects. Not even giving them any kind of voice.