Three Smart Girls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Three Smart Girls Reviews

½ November 30, 2015
reminded me of WB's '4 Daughters'
October 24, 2015
Is this your late Screen Goddess Auntie Buddy Durbin? :)
½ December 29, 2014
Durbin's feature film debut (the film was nominated for Best Picture) is a delight from beginning to end, as is Durbin; she sings "Someone to Care for Me" and "My Heart Is Singing."
½ May 7, 2014
Almost like a female version of a Little Rascals plot, Three Smart Girls is the brainless fodder of its time. Despite the charms of the actresses involved, the plot seems ultimately very silly. Good enough to warrant a sequel however.
March 3, 2014
I'm going to start saying, "Oh, Mush" in lieu of cursing. This Oscar nominee from 1936 isn't worth watching, even though I did watch it.
jjnxn
February 10, 2014
Strictly unremarkable story elevated by Deanna and a great supporting cast.
October 13, 2013
I thought it was a cute screwball comedy.
½ August 5, 2012
A bit too twee.Just funny enough.
July 26, 2011
Looks like a decent light musical.
September 19, 2010
Cute old movie about 3 young sisters who try to break up their father's engagement and bring their parents back together. Deanna Durbin plays the youngest of the three in this movie which is one of many, along these same lines, made by the talented singer with an operatic voice.
½ November 20, 2009
One of my favourite Deanna Durbin movies...I could do without the musical interludes though.
½ December 2, 2008
Delightful! Durbin carries it all the way with a little help from Milland and Auer when she's not on screen. Not too much singing- just enough to let you know that it's there.
July 3, 2008
want to see this because it was nominated for best picture at the oscars
March 22, 2008
ma most favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ February 7, 2008
A great comedy showcasing Deanna Durbin.
February 4, 2008
This is a movie with Deanna Durbin in it and I do remember seeing this. I saw one other film with her in it but I can't remember the title of it. Deanna Durbin had a wonderful singing voice and her movies showcased that. The only way to tell she was lip synching is for someone to tell you because she does it perfectly. The plots of these movies were a toss. The singing is what they're all about and the singing is excellent.
December 24, 2007
This is the year I was born..got to be good.
½ December 10, 2007
Cute and charming (don't expect any biting social commentary with this one)
½ December 6, 2007
It's a cute movie, and the three sisters are surprisingly fresh--maybe too fresh, because at times they just grate on your nerves. It's really more a vehicle for Deanna Durbin, who's obviously got the spotlight for most the film; she's got an amazing voice and plays a hyperactive tween extremely well. It's just a light and fluffy movie, although you do get to see a young Ray Milland, with his Welsh accent still intact.
½ August 14, 2005
CHARMING STORY, BLESSED WITH THE PRESENCE OF THE EFFERV ESCENT DEANNA DURBIN. FINE CAST. ALICE BRADY IS ALWAYS GREAT. FUN FILM, NICE PLOT