Thrilla in Manila - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thrilla in Manila Reviews

June 24, 2016
A great piece of story-telling, and far less glamorising than Facing Ali or When We Were Kings. From Ali's links with the KKK and Frazier's gloating over Ali's illness - no punches pulled
½ January 17, 2015
A great documentary about the behind the scenes maneuvering that showed how the 'Thrilla In Manila' came to be.
½ April 8, 2012
The perfect companion piece to "When We Were Kings". You could say, it's Godfather Part II.
½ February 24, 2012
I come out of this with a much diffrent out look on Ali and Frazier
December 10, 2011
Highly recommended with one stipulation: Everyone should watch "When We Were Kings" before seeing this film.
After that documentary's convincing portrayal of Ail as a hero and legend of our time, the contrast of "Thrilla in Manila" will make for a cinematic experience greater than the sum of these two incredible films.
November 25, 2011
Ali was such an asshole.
December 1, 2010
Good boxing doc. with awesome footage and great interviews, sadly none from Ali's side about the fallout from of the fight, but Joe Frazier is very honest and candid and you can't help but feel for him and how he finished up in the end.
August 23, 2010
Tells the INCREDIBLE story of the most brutal fight of modern times. But don't let that stop you from seeing this important film. It had me crying; it thoroughly intrigued and amazed me. Few people know the true story of Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali . You think you do but you don't. CHECK THIS OUT !
July 26, 2010
Great Documentary. 2 great, 2 greatest fighters.
July 16, 2010
Muhammad Ali did kinda get his in the end ...
July 14, 2010
another great doc about Ali/Frazier
February 10, 2010
A hatchet job on Ali, but it was interesting to see Frazier's take on it.
½ December 25, 2009
Nice to see a documentary that doesn't take the side of Ali for a change. But even if Ali comes out in a bad light here in this documentary, he'll still be the greatest showman\boxer that has lived. He abused and mistreated poor Fraizer so bad that I almost started to hate the Champ. What he did was selling tickets and there is no one today that can sell tickets like Ali did.