Thriller Reviews

• May 31, 2019

Poor acting from everyone and not a single thrill

Poor acting from everyone and not a single thrill

• May 07, 2019

Overall, it's probably better off as a drunk night with friends type of movie. The child actors were not that good as they weren't seperate kids and seemed more like copies of each other. The inciding incident of the death was not impactful like the one in the movie Sorority Row, mainly due to the kid actors not having defining personalities. The adult versions were not much better, since they all seem to only have one characteristic that defines them, like the girl who just shouts it's my sister who died. The adults were at least somewhat better actors, except for Lisa in the gym, damn was her scream crappily done, it came off more funny than scary. The lingo written in the movie was bad to the point they call internet, "the internets", like nobody talks like that. Though besides the lacking of diversity, a big issue is the constant forced messages that have been done way better in other films and the villain is pretty all over the place, since he was a shy kid with a stutter, but with only 4 years of Juvi he becomes a black version of the hobo Michael Myers. It's one thing to be vengeful, but to have an entire personality shift is another, though a big issue is none of the horror elements which aren't original, however the issue lies in the hood background, since it's used to shove cliches as well as stereotypes about black culture down the viewers throats, instead of being used as a way to spice the plot up. Another issue I find is that they use studdering as a mental disorder for some reason, anyway this film could've been a great horror movie, but it falls face first from usual mistakes with movies like this.

• Apr 26, 2019

One of the worst movies i have ever seen. It almost seemed like each scene was given one take, and nobody was working quality control.

• Apr 25, 2019

Alright so I'm not going to speak in circles and try to fill in my review with A bunch of big words; speaking on the formula of the video. Outside of the cast, the adult of Chauncey's replacement was A horrible selection. The plot had A decent start but dragged horribly in my opinion. There's but so much A budget will allow so for music, I won't speak on. The angles were bad, & the sound effects lagged with the actions. The ending was more confusing then the entire movie. I'm not certain as to how the cliche violence, and A2B plot was thought of. But I see what was attempted. Movie is A no go for me.

• Apr 24, 2019

Terrible acting , Story Line happened too fast , Just Plain Terrible

Terrible acting , Story Line happened too fast , Just Plain Terrible

• Apr 23, 2019

I'm all for seeing my black brotha and sistas in films , but what I hate is all the stereotypes, the ghetto mom the ghetto black kids and the stereotypes run high as hell in this movie and I hate it cause we don't have to be viewed like that it was disappointing. I couldn't enjoy the movie because of it.. but overall the acting was ok and the plot was ok as well a bit predictable and then all over the place.. one second it's about the hood then black.issues stereotypes and percentages of the black male then back to the plot so YEAH WATCH IF YOU WANT TOO.. cute cast tho

• Apr 18, 2019

The actress playing Lisa was absolutely terrible. If they'd used a different female lead, maybe i could have gotten behind it. Her scream during their little homecoming queen practice was so ridiculous that i literally laughed and had to pause the movie. As a horror and thriller movie fan, i don't recommend!

• Apr 17, 2019

THIS MOVIE WAS BORING FROM THE MOMENT I PUT IT ON WAY TO CHEESY

THIS MOVIE WAS BORING FROM THE MOMENT I PUT IT ON WAY TO CHEESY

• Apr 14, 2019

Thriller lives up to it's title, showing that Blumhouse keeps keep going even if audiences wont find it as good.