Thumb Wars: The Phantom Cuticle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thumb Wars: The Phantom Cuticle Reviews

June 16, 2010
A very funny, though unfortunately very short, movie. The voices are hilarious.
June 16, 2010
[i]Thumb Wars [/i]is a wet your pants, belly laugh, choke yourself kind of funny. Non-stop, joke after joke, accident after accident, relentlessly keeps you sobbing with laughter. I almost died. Seriously! I couldn't breathe for about 3 minutes! My sister was having too much fun to care. It is the best [i]Star Wars [/i]spoof you will ever see, as well as any movie. It's that funny. Rent it, don't buy it, because it's only good the first time you see it, I learned that the hard way. But rent it, damn you! Why are you still reading this? Go to Blockbuster or Hollywood Video or any video rental place and rent it.
½ June 15, 2010
You can only make so much money at such a short time beacuse you are definitely weak.
½ May 17, 2010
The funniest Star Wars Parody I've seen since Spaceballs :D Whenever I need a good laugh, this is the first thing I grab from the shelf.
April 13, 2010
wooo! :O I love thumbs!
½ April 9, 2010
Just replace every other word with "thumb" and bam! You got a parody.
January 21, 2010
In a world now brimming with Star wars parodies this is one of my favourites with wonderfully daft lines and a very surreal look.

The re imagining of Yoda as a boglin whose first lesson on using the force is "You must touch your tongue to mine" is brilliant.
January 17, 2010
"A one-armed man killed my wife Sabrina, a working girl. And now I'm a fugitive and in clear and present danger. I should be presumed innocent, but they're playing patriot games with me; Raiders, regarding Henry, Blade Runner and Air Force One."

Film with a lot of effort and detail put into the models, "thumbs," and other goofy devices but not enough devoted towards humor or entertaining the audience (at least not for quasi-intellectual people).

"Oh, don't try to scare us with your ooby-dooby magic talk, Helmet Man. Your I'm a horrifying warlock and I'm going to get you with my mystic potions talk SICKENS me! I LAUGH at you and your I'm a frightening wizard threat of hostility. Why don't you gather some frog legs, and eyes of a newt, and conjur up a potion that will get you your FACE back, and perhaps make you one mere ounce less PATHETIC than you truly ARE!"
½ October 15, 2009
It's hit or miss (mostly miss) with this STAR WARS parody. Though they managed to come up with some clever names for the characters, most of the jokes were less then funny.
If you can laugh at the fact that the characters are all thumbs for almost a half an hour, then go ahead and watch it. Everyone else can go watch a good STAR WARS parody.

"All right, you thumbs, listen up. A one-armed man killed my wife Sabrina, a working girl. And now I'm a Fugitive and in Clear and Present Danger. I should be Presumed Innocent, but they're playing Patriot Games with me; Raiders, Regarding Henry, Blade Runner and Air Force One."
"I'm sorry, what was that last part?"
½ October 1, 2009
The guy from Kung Pow! begins escapades. The visual style is funnier than the actual jokes.
September 25, 2009
Steve Oedekerk logra a punta de dedos, dedales y demas objetos deicticos, sintetizar en 28 minutos las tres partes de "Star Wars" con chistes y referencias que haran revolcar de la risa a los fanaticos de la cinta. Si no ha visto "Spaceballs", la disfrutara aun mas.
September 17, 2009
This better be a good 'Star Wars' parody.
½ July 2, 2009
I laughed once or twice.
½ March 5, 2009
don't waste your time and money
February 20, 2009
At first, this was just another humorous parody of Star Wars, but once the other Thumb movies began rolling out, this seemed to get funnier.
½ January 12, 2009
Probably the best parody I have seen of Star Wars, well at least until Blue Harvest came onto the scene anyway
January 6, 2009
Thought this was clever and very funny. My favorite was the "Chewbacca" thumb who seemed a bit cool!
November 11, 2008
I've owned this for years now, but keep coming back to it. Humorous take on A New Hope, mostly done with thumbs (the hints in the name) with emphasis on all the annoying parts, e.g. Luke's incessant whining. Very good take on "Indiana Solo and Crusty", who'll do anything for "girly giggles" it seems
½ October 23, 2008
short...witty and funny. and is on thumbs...
½ October 21, 2008
My son rented this movie, and I have to say, I was pretty damn amused! They have an entire series of spoofs on other movies. It's pretty funny! Older kids will get a kick out of it and laugh out loud the entire time, while adults catch on to the more subtle mature jokes in the dialog. Funny stuff!!