Thunderstruck - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thunderstruck Reviews

½ May 10, 2013
A movie that is seemingly about nothing, but strangely pulls itself together and has an Aussie Charm to it.

Basically the story of 5 guys making a pact that who ever dies first the rest of the 4 will take them & bury him next to Bon Scott (Front Man of ACDC) at Fremantle Perth.

Full of silly daggy moments but the film is fun, you get the end and it seems rather pointless but there's a few laughs along the way.
January 28, 2012
I originally put a "not interested" on this film, but it was on TV not so long ago, so i decided to watch it and give it a fair chance. I only really decided to watch it for Sam Worthington, and he wasn;t in the film very long since his character was the one that died. It wasn't a good film, it was just ok. One that wasn't really worth watching to me.
½ June 16, 2011
Bloody brilliant movie, funny from start to finish, great cast
September 17, 2010
After nearly dying after an AC/DC concert, five fans decide that the first of them to die would be buried next to their idol, Bon Scott. And so, twelve years later four of the gang regroup to take a road trip and bury their pal Ronnie who was -you guessed- thunderstruck.

As always, I start with the positives. The acting in this film wasn't too bad, especially for an independent. The unfortunate fact is that these five friends are never really characterized very well as such, and have only a few brief moments that prove their connection to each other. Ronnie's character was hardly developed at all, and thus it doesn't carry enough weight to warrant the plot of the film. Even though the script has plenty of wit & clever plot twists, it fails to be anything more than a simple road trip flick.
But there's another crucial element to the film that drags it down further than it should have. These four guys are supposed to be hardcore rock fans. And they just don't pull it off. The fact that the plot is based around this fan-dom sinks the ship like loose lips. It's so generalized, a few changes could really make this about any band. I see what the film is trying to accomplish, but it just doesn't do it very well. It doesn't deliver any sense of "hardcore" about it. And the heart that's meant to carry between the comedy is hardly there at all.
Over all the clever script and half-decent acting can't keep this bland, overly-formulaic road trip comedy from living up to American cinema, much less Aussie, as the charm slowly deteriorates from beginning to end. And it paints a pale portrait of its fan-dom that it seems to have so much love for. In a word, I was underwhelmed. "Thunderstruck" gets 3.5 red hats out of 10.
June 9, 2010
This is not my type of movie, per se (I am no fan of AC/DC, for one), but I gave it a chance since I wanted to see Sam Worthington in it.

Mark my words, this is not your usual burial, but then, this is not your usual group of people either.

Spurred by a promise made 12 years before, four friends go on a trip to take their dead friend to his final resting place - beside a legend whom they think saved their lives on one night in Sydney. Problems start right off because not all of them are willing to go (whether it is a promotion at work or problems with an Asian Triad). Next, of course, they have to get their mate's ashes - and take them to Perth.

A journey full of trouble, adventures - or disasters, however one likes to look at it. The movie is touching and humorous at the same time, without going overboard at any point. It is adorable how these four men are trying to fulfill a promise, and how in the end it brings a whole lot of people together to finish this one journey together.

I didn't necessarily like the music, but the movie was better than I dared to expect, and the actors were rather good.
January 30, 2010
Damn I never thought I?d actually see anyone look hot in Golf Clothing. & Sam Worthington is. Oh yeah also in a long wig looks kinda like axl Rose!! LMAO. About a group of friends who LOVE Ac/DC & while at a concert promise each other that whoever dies (first?) is to be buried next to him. So one of them die first (in a kinda ?freak? accident if you call it that) & go on a road trip to make good on that promise. funny, & it made me think of a few movies at once (not in a bad way) just element wise. I don?t recall any movie I?ve seen having a plot like this. Sam Worthginton w/ Long hair kinda looks like Axl Rose!! Lol) was fun. As well as how ?scary? or far some fan devotion can be. B
January 20, 2010
½ December 1, 2009
An enjoyable rock n' roll roadtrip movie that is way better than I expected it to be. The characters are all very likeable and the journey to Bon Scott's final resting place never gets boring.
September 22, 2009
Awesome Aussie movie!!!!!!
April 8, 2009
australian AC/DC version of Detroit Rock City for KISS, however not nearly as good sadly.
January 28, 2009
AWESOME!!!!! Best movie i've seen in ages!
December 21, 2008
omg I love this movie now! lol
December 20, 2008
Pretty cheesy, but awesome Aussie flick about the greatest band of all time. Decent Aussie cast, heaps of people who were in Underbelly and some other well known Aussies.
December 8, 2008
Greatest Movie I have ever seen!!! Great Story, Great Music, Great Actors, its Australian and its inspired by the greatest band on earth AC/DC!!!!!!!! BOOYEAH!
½ December 5, 2008
I first have to say I had my AC/DC fanboy goggles on the entire time, but this is a pretty fun film. Lots of laughs, good characters, chesse ending. A must see for any AC/DC fan.
December 3, 2008
Pretty funny film and very under the radar. AC/DC fans would enjoy.
October 19, 2008
MAD MOVIE SERIOUSLY FUNNY
October 13, 2008
Not quite as funny as it could have been & a little slow but all in all an enjoyable romp. May well get better after a second watch.
½ September 30, 2008
AC/DC fans making a pact to burry each other next to Bon Scott -May your inner bogan live! I love this movie a great Aussie Classic especially the mode of transport a Tarago (Just hapens excatly like the ones my neighbours had circa late 80's) I love Sam Worthington and Damon Gameau is a spunk too - worth a night in with a flanny, black fabs and roller boots...