Thursday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thursday Reviews

April 5, 2016
A quality low budget film desperate to match Tarantino in every possible way. Doesn't quite manage it, but it gets close enough to be worth a watch.
February 23, 2016
I enjoyed watching this "old lady who swallowed a fly" type tale.
December 3, 2015
Dumb and predictable Pulp Fiction rip-off with a lot unnecessary violence.
½ August 12, 2015
Before he was The Punisher & his partner became Two Face they teamed up for this comedic gangster flick. The opening scene is one of my all time favorites, especially the letter jacket worn by that hot ass cunt! (If you haven't seen it don't get pissy about the use of the C-word) With his first try out the gates writer/director Skip Woods prematurely makes up for A Good Day to Die Hard...... but I'm still not giving him a pass on Wolverine!
½ July 7, 2015
people says its like pulp fiction which there are elements, but i had no connection with this movie, others seem to like it but.
½ January 16, 2015
I wouldn't dislike all of Skip Woods' work so much if he would just try to do something original. I watch this movie and I have no reaction. That's the worst thing a filmmaker can do: make a film that has nothing to say. Its clear that Skip Woods was just one of many filmmakers who saw "Pulp Fiction" and "Reservoir Dogs," and thought that he had to make his best effort at copying every nuance of Tarantino rather than trying to be his own artist to be successful. Its not a bad movie. Its not a good movie either. Its just nothing. But I keep hanging in there. Skip Woods may have written some of the worst scripts of the last decade, but I keep holding out that one day he'll impress me.
½ September 30, 2014
Great self control.

Nick is a low level drug dealer who has settled down, gotten married, and now lays low. He is unhappily married with a complex relationship. One day he, an ex-girlfriend, and a hitman foil a robbery and shoot the clerk. Nick becomes paranoid and when he discovers his ex-girlfriend has a bunch of dope, he flushes it down the toilet. That leads to a pist-off supplier, customers, and a rogue police officer. Nick's situation couldn't get much worse.

"I do love you, but you're boring the shit out of me."

Skip Woods delivers Thursday in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture feels a little like True Romance mixed with Savages. There is a cool sense of style mixed with violence and charismatic characters throughout this film. The acting is fun and fits the content well. The cast includes Thomas Jane, Aaron Eckhart, Mickey Rourke, Paulina, Porizkova, and Paula Marshall.

"They got the wrong house!"

Thursday is a movie I came across while looking at recommendations on Netflix. I am a huge Mickey Rourke fan (he has a bit part) and Thomas Jane usually makes entertaining flicks. This was a fun stylistic movie that has some unique elements; but much like Savages, trips over itself in a few scenes. Overall, I do recommend seeing this film, but I wouldn't add it to my DVD collection.

"CUNT"

Grade: C+/B-
½ August 15, 2014
Review:
I wasn't that impressed with this dated film which has a silly storyline and a bad script. It all based around an ex-con who gets dragged back into his bad ways when his brother turns up on his doorstep. I wasn't expecting that much from the film because of its age and the fact that I hadn't heard of it when it first came out, but it's watchable and there are some intense moments. It is a poor attempt of a comedy crime caper, by the director, but It didn't hurt damage any of the actors careers. Average!

Round-Up:
Aaron Eckhart is one of those actors that doesn't get the praise that he deserves. He has starred in some top films like Olympus Has Fallen and The Dark Knight were he put in a good performance as Harvey Dent, but he hasn't become an household name. Thomas Jane is another actor that hasn't really blown up in Hollywood but that is due to the bad attempt at The Punisher, were he played the leading role, and The Deep Blue Sea, which also didn't go down to well.

I recommend this movie to people who are into there comedic crime capers about a man who trying to go straight after being in a world of crime. 3/10
½ April 7, 2014
A nice gangster tries to do good but gets pulled back in movie. Plenty of blood to go around. Liked it.
December 16, 2013
Very enjoyable film with a variety of action, comedy and suspense. Definitely one I would watch again.
September 29, 2013
Great movie. Real fun to watch if you like surprising twists to the story. I suppose its not for simpelminded actionfreaks that hunger for idiotic violence.
September 25, 2013
From time to time I like a off beat dark weird film, this is a good one. They can't all be Pulp Fiction.
August 7, 2013
So-so. Clearly an attempt to plagiarise the Quentin Tarantino style of film-making, especially the swagger and dialogue. However, mostly just comes off as a lame imitation. Some scenes and actions seem lifted straight out of Tarantino movies.

Part of the problem lies in the casting. Thomas Jane and Aaron Eckhart don't have the swagger and delivery necessary for a Tarantinoesque role.

Or maybe it is just the fact that writer-director Skip Woods is no Quentin Tarantino.
July 20, 2013
Fantastic caper film with great performances. Darkly comic in tone, but a must watch for fans of Tarantino, Coen Brothers, Guy Ritchie, etc.
July 12, 2013
The black comedy that inspired Pulp Fiction
July 5, 2013
Such a good movie! Why the bad revieuws!
April 3, 2013
Fantastic film about a guy who used to be a drug dealer (Thomas Jane), changed his life, then got dragged back into trouble by an old associate (Aaron Eckhart). Great performances by Michael Jeeter and Mickey Rourke. A must see!!
½ March 24, 2013
Can't understand the critisims levelled at this film, very much made in the same world as Pulp Fiction, Thomas Jane is superb in the lead role, and the various altercations he has possess a genuine edge and brutality whilst retaining a dark humour perfectly.
½ February 17, 2013
This movie is one of my favorites I recommend it
January 22, 2013
One of those cool indie movies featuring awesome actors before they were famous. I wish my flicks were like this.