Tierra (Earth) Reviews

• Aug 08, 2013

With Emma Suarez and Silke (Klein) another Philip K. Dick "Dark Haired Girl" and an actress I developed a major crush on.

• Nov 29, 2009

another interesting trip with medem

another interesting trip with medem

• Nov 22, 2009

Medem masterfully creates a beautiful dreamscape in which a man who struggles with his mental condition struggles to choose a path.

• Sep 09, 2009

Un viaje al universo Medem

Un viaje al universo Medem

• May 21, 2009

• Feb 21, 2009

Une fois de plus la grandeur de ce cineaste repose sur l'originalite et l'inventivite de son point de vue sur des schemas relationnels et des types humains assez convenus qui, ailleurs, n'auraient produit que des cliches mais, chez lui, s'exposent, se creusent dans une allegorie a la fois etrange et pleine d'humour qui deconcerte ou seduit, et ne laisse jamais indifferent. Son exploration des archetypes sexuels, p. ex., n'a rien a envier a Fellini, ses metaphores cosmiques ou animalieres rappellent parfois Tarkovski.

• Sep 21, 2008

this story amazed me and surprised me very much because I wasn't thinking that could be a good movie, all the surrealistic things are boring to me, but this one not, I found the character very cool and the message amazing, this is another story that doesn't need anything else to catch the audience that's why technically is simple, but the simple things are the most powerful like this movie can prove

• Aug 07, 2008

Medem rules once again ! Utterly original as always, many ideas, many messages, many layers of understanding, and very Spanish... nobody can do it quite like Medem can !

• Jul 16, 2008

Really a big challenge to one's patience. Rather slow & insipid although with some interesting moments near the end. Despite what the plot lines claim to be, it is actually a story off a man's indecision between the 2 women he loves & the struggle he encounters- but all put in a very complex, difficult circumlocution. Personally prefer [The Red Squirrel], even [Sex & Lucia] much more.

• May 10, 2008

One of Julio Medem's earlier films, and clearly one of his best. Despite all the hype, I didn't care for Lucio y el Sexo. This on the other hand is clealry a work of fluid imagination.