La tigre e la neve (The Tiger and the Snow) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La tigre e la neve (The Tiger and the Snow) Reviews

October 4, 2012
This is such a well made film. Chick flick, hell. It's just a great movie.
½ September 7, 2012
what can I say? I love Benigni's style:D
½ September 3, 2012
what can I say? I love Benigni's style:D
½ August 21, 2012
Très beau film, plein de poésie. Encore une fois Roberto Benigni fait mouche. C'est simple, plein d'espoir. Bravo maestro !
July 20, 2012
While this isn't a perfect film, it is quite charming. What I didn't like about the film was, unfortunately, the editing is a little unfocused as we never really can tell when a day passes or what exactly is going on at times. That said, Benigni is wonderfully funny and the story is absolutely sweet. Apparently based off of Sleeping Beauty, Benigni spins a semi-light, semi-dark tale about a woman injured in an Iraq bombing and one man's attempt to revive her. What ensues are both hilarious antics and dark scenarios. Mixed together we are greeted with a wonderful film that, sadly, is a little disjointed and unfocused at times. However these can be ignored, especially for a little anti-war message slipped in here and there.
June 6, 2012
Benigni est si charmant et si douloureux à lui seul qu'il parvient à nous bouleverser naturellement au cours de n'importe quel de ses films. Sa dernière réalisation ne fait pas exception, et respecte même en quelque sorte le schéma logique de construction de La vie est belle. La première partie du film se caractérise par une insouciance béate du futur qui vous arrache sans cesse des sourires en coin tandis que la deuxième se solde par l'horreur de la guerre à Baghdad. Vers la fin, certains petits éléments de l'histoire me semblent confus puisqu'on utilise l'ellipse à profusion alors qu'on aurait pu laisser les choses se dérouler sous nos yeux... Un film bourrés de scènes touchantes et frissonnantes.
May 19, 2012
THIS is a Christian movie. You don't have to beat people over the head to evangelize through film; you just have to show, in little ways, the sacramental nature of the world.
½ May 5, 2012
Third Benigni movie that I saw. He seems to use exactly same theme every time: man's almost desperate love for a woman. Even his own role is always same silly man and the female role is always played by fragile Braschi, Benigni's wife. But he also does it in a beautiful and funny way, so this movie was not an exception to that.
April 19, 2012
I dont care to watch.
April 2, 2012
it very seldom happens to see such a large discrepancy between the ratings from the critics and those from the audience; it's puzzling!
23 people one one side, average 3.6/10
7663 on the opposite, average 4/5 (or 7/10).
(that is 300 times more individuals rating the film two times the value)
March 29, 2012
As always with Benigni, you have to expect some over the top imbuglios! here he is at it again but this time it's quite nice, the film is a crazy but somehow the story keeps being entertaining & he is so loveable as Attilio, he'll win you over! It's probably far from being his best film, but it's a nice entertainment & somehow a good change from the usual kind of film we get to watch on our screens. This is not american film for sure it's hundred percent Italian home made so be prepared to be swallowed into a different world, a bent reality where love triumph over all!
March 20, 2012
I Love all Benigni's work, i wish he exposes more from Iraqis suffer in this comedy movie
March 8, 2012
Nice story, but not so well developed. Roberto Benigni plays himself and the jokes are mostly not funny. It was entertaining though.
February 12, 2012
a god poet, teacher, soul mate
January 17, 2012
Saw movie before reading these reviews and feel sorry for those who do not like it. Totally a romantic movie that I can see is not for everyone. Moment that captures the theme is when the old ( he's been around a long time: knows the old remedies, what it was like preSadam, and experiencing another war and the unknown before him) Baghdad pharmacist "gets it" and helps Benigni and makes a physical effort to absorb the life force this man has. I hope Begnini is, in real life,even a little close to the persona he portrays in this film. The world needs more like him. To compare this film to the great "Life Is Beautiful" is unfair. May Orson Welles haunt those of you who do so and do not appreciate the various fine film moments of comedy, drama, passion and love and the scenes present in this film. Happened to come across it on Netflix. Glad I did. Makes my top 10 list for 2011.
January 4, 2012
The Tiger and the Snow, or la tigre e la neve in Italian, is a highly misunderstood film which truly ought to be seen in a different and more sympathetic light. Released in 2005, yet set in the eve and early course of the Iraq War in 2003, it talks about a man, Attilio (Benigni) who is hopelessly in love with a woman, Vittoria (Braschi), and goes at all costs to be with her, even heading off to Baghdad's war-torn sky to attempt to save her after a tragic accident. Filled aplenty with poetic references and surrealistic imagery, in terms of genre, I would probably classify it within the realms of magic realism-tinged dramedy. Why did so many of the top critics seem to loathe it so? Well, the film's humour and drama came into question (seen by some as neither laugh-out-funny nor tragically poignant), as well as its subject matter. There are too, IMO, some flaws with The Tiger and the Snow. Benigni's acting can come across as slightly overdone at times, the film does stick to the 'inspirational-hopelessly in love-cry out-war struck-jump around happy' formula of his previous masterpiece 'Life is Beautiful' (La vita e' bella), and the plot is hardly believable. But do these things need to overshadow what is simply a wonderful film? The Tiger and the Snow is not merely a derivative re-calculation of his precedent picture, and it does boast its own originality, especially conveyed through the angle with which the synopsis unfolds. Additionally, with Benigni uniquely tragic allegria coming across at all moments, the film winds up flowing like a fairytale. The poetic references are many, romantic and all very beautiful; the story is simple, yet it ebbs through beautifully without too many overly-slow or over-rushed scenes; the music, especially Tom Waits' brilliant 'You Can Never Hold Back Spring', is by far one of the highlights, heartfelt and elegantly romantic, and contained, IMO, what should have been a Best Song Oscar-nominated piece; and the acting is, well, very Benigni. Now, in terms of Benigni's performance, I won't try to persuade anyone - I am a lover of his style, yet it may not be everyone's cup of tea. But in terms of its standing as a film, as well as Benigni's direction, I will try to give you a different light on the matter. It may have its flaws, but La tigre e la neve turns out to be a beautiful picture.
December 25, 2011
Um filme simples e bonito... garante algumas risadas...mas longe de "O Mostro" e "A Vida é Bela".
August 26, 2011
"La vita è bella" it ain't!
½ August 26, 2011