Till the End of Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Till the End of Time Reviews

½ October 29, 2014
good post WWII pic but no 'best years of our lives"
½ June 7, 2013
It's hard to distinguish whether this is a post-war propaganda film or just a reaction to the difficulty faced by some soldiers adapting to civvy street. Either way it is a lackluster drama with Robert Mitchum playing second fiddle to Guy Maddison. You can't help thinking it really should have been the other way around.
July 8, 2011
Friday, July 8, 2011

(1946) Till The End Of Time

Labelled as a sequel to the superior "The Best Years Of Our Lives" but really a film that was released into theatres months before the much superior "The Best Years..." which consist of similar themes, telling a story about WWII veterans trying to adjust back to civilian life again, after spending 3 years or more on the battlefield and is based on Niven Busch's novel "They Dream of Home" according to RT!

Watch this film very carefully and felt that it dwells on specific situations more longer than others, but still captivating as a whole since I know that it's based on a real persons experiences and it's conflicts that come with it- some of the stories subplots needs to be tightened! Still showcases an enlightening and captivating experience

Still the film gets a strong
3 out of 4 stars
June 28, 2010
Till the End of Time (1946) -- [4.5] -- A young soldier (Guy Madison) struggles to find purpose to his life after returning home from service in WWII. The guy's problem isn't as clear as I'd like it to be. His friends (Robert Mitchum and Bill Williams) have obvious injuries, but Madison's character seems to suffer from nothing more than laziness. The film sometimes works as a soap opera, but I hate to see any movie skirt the issues of post-war trauma and depression. Mitchum and Dorothy McGuire give noteworthy performances, but Madison is stiff in his first starring role. Good thing he's eye candy. (Mommy.)
June 13, 2010
good ppst WWII drama
½ June 14, 2006
Very fine post World war II drama dealing with soldiers return after the war. Not as deep or good as "The Best Years of Our Lives" but it holds it's own. Guy Madison is surprisingly good. Handles sensitive subjects well. Good score, well photograped.