Tim sum fun si wong (Super Fans) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tim sum fun si wong (Super Fans) Reviews

½ October 5, 2010
Charlene Choi is still sweet but the flick is actually rather awful.
June 29, 2010
It's been a while since I gave such a high rating for a chinese comedy show. Of course the simple storyline is being made known up-front via the movie title "Super Fans".

Everyone is definately a fans of someone and I guess that is how everyone could relate to the show easily. I totally love the underline meaning of the whole show about being a fan of someone.

Best of all, for the first time... I think all the actors or actresses suited their characters as if they were tailor-made for them.
June 27, 2008
Charlene Choi has developed into a decent actress. She carried this movie...but not very far.
March 18, 2008
very nice movie,must watch
½ February 26, 2008
bad, weak, even Charlene cannot make this interesting. almost no plot to speak of.
February 5, 2008
a little diasppointed..no climax..no touching spot..
December 10, 2007
the only thing that kept me awake throughout this film was the mega sized popcorn i had in front of me...
½ December 9, 2007
funny movie i like charlene
October 24, 2007
This film uses a popular element of real life, but also something that you don't see all that often as the driving point for a film. Definitely a great concept to start this movie.The movie begins as you would expect it from looking at the cover and hearing the title. Highly energetic, funny, and entertaining. You get some pretty hilarious dialogue and some slapstick comedy thrown at you. Unfortunately, this film doesn't stay that way. This film is classified as a comedy and a drama. The first half of this 90 minute film gives you the comedy. The film then takes a turn and slows down into a drama. It almost speeds up again for the last 20 minutes or so, but it never really reaches the type of film that you are fed in the first half.The acting isn't all that bad. It is a little over the top at times, especially for Sammy Leung, but it actually worked for the first half of the film. The lead is played by one half of the "Twins," Charlene Choi, and she does a nice job as the happy-go-lucky Sussie. Charlene is really showing her maturity in acting with each film that she does, proving to me that she is the better actress of the two. Leo Ku's character, Shui, is really bland and gets a little boring at times. I guess you needed a character like this to counteract Charlene's Sussie. You actually feel a little sorry for his character when you see all the things he goes through, but can't help but laugh at times.This is definitely not the greatest or funniest movie out there, but it is still worth the watch in my book.
October 13, 2007
October 6, 2007
the story was kinda dumb
½ September 23, 2007
What a rubbish. It seems that every movie of Leo Ku is bad.

This is incredibly awful, a boring story with no speciall acting skills. Although Leo Ku lookked cute in this movie, the acting is really dull.
½ September 19, 2007
3.5 stars is all given to my dearest leo as the movie itself does not worth even half a star.
½ September 12, 2007
i like ar sa in this movie, it's cute when she holding the banner and say the slogan of lee chi sum, and now...many fans in hong kong use that kind of banner too~~~
½ August 12, 2007
it's ?????!
not the same w/ the one in the photo
August 2, 2007
July 23, 2007
I hope that it is good
½ July 9, 2007
Very cute and sweet, a cuddle-up-with-teddy-and-watch-with-girlfriends kinda film
½ July 3, 2007
This movie is very cheesy. But at the same time it brings out the love fans have to their idol. There're many funny scenes in this movie. Like the one when Leo Ku telling the storekeeper he wants condom. Also the scene when Sammy Leung is practicing his sexy moves and his woman fans keep licking his lips.
½ July 3, 2007
I love Charlene and Leo was really awesome in the film. Predictable HK film at best, but it was still a cute sit down movie.