Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie Reviews

May 26, 2016
You either get it or you don't.
½ February 21, 2016
As a fan of Tim and Eric, I had high hopes for the movie. It did have great jokes, and a solid concept. But, the plot was weak, and the script was near abysmal. Maybe with a decent director, and someone to help them write the script, the movie could have lived up to my hopes. Here's hoping the sequel is good.
½ January 24, 2016
Will Ferrell is just one of those natural laughs, who can be funny by doing almost nothing. John C. Reilly is painful to watch (in a good way). However, taking the guest appearances away, the movie is an awkward, mostly unfunny mess.
½ October 14, 2015
If absurdity is an artform, then Tim and Eric are masters. You CANNOT see this movie as anything else than a boundary breaking exercise in the art of absurdity and still appreciate it (as evidenced by the ratings). Once you do, however, you got to give it up to the duo as they have created some of the most absurd sequences I have ever seen (example: Shrim!!!).
September 27, 2015
It's a laugh-free dead zone!
May 3, 2015
Silly and original. I love these guys.
April 20, 2015
Great GREAT GREAT!Literally the funniest movie I have seen in my broad viewing experiences. The humor these two men create is undeniably hilarious. Though low in plot and emotional value, this movie had me out of breathe with laughter.
½ April 17, 2015
It's difficult to get into this film, especially if you do not know the work of Tim n' Eric before, as I didn't, however the jokes are quite good and you soon realise that they are not afraid of crossing a few boundaries. You also have to assume that they are better comedians than you suspect when the likes of Will Ferrell and John C Reilly are playing second fiddle to them in this.
½ November 30, 2014
Dear God, I hope this film didn't really cost a billion dollars to make. Surprisingly, there are a few chuckle-worthy parts in this film and the first 20 minutes is fairly entertaining, unfortunately the film is still every bit as terrible as you have heard due to a lack of a script ( I DARE you to find me a copy of a script, the whole thing reeks of bad improv) and a refusal to atempt to act. The two main characters are completely unlikable idiots, and most of the celebrity cameos suck HARD, but that's not what makes this film so bad. The film throws the most raunchy material in your face and thinks it's being funny, but it isn't (like a scene where a character is forced to sit in a tub while small children defecate all over him till he is drowning in shit.... actually, that's a pretty good metaphor for how it feels to sit and watch this film. Another example of the kind of humor found in this film is Tim's "adoption" of a janitor's young son against both the son and the janitor's will....I could give you more examples but I'll show mercy and stop there). It's just being painfully juvenile and immature. Some comedies pull this type of humor off pretty well, but Tim and Eric approach it like a kid who just let a smelly, loud one rip and giggles at it. I'm filing this one under DO NOT WATCH....EVER and SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN MADE and WHY GOD WHY!!!
½ October 9, 2014
0 / 5
"Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie" is a juvenile, often disgusting attempt at comedy that knows it isn't funny and doesn't even try to be. The plot is razor thin and is simply an excuse to tie a few loosely developed sketch ideas together and to pad out the film to its 1hr and 34 minute running time. Nevertheless, it goes something like this: Two idiots (Tim and Eric) are given a Billion dollars by the Schlaaang Corporation to make a movie but waste it all on such things such as a suit made of diamonds and a spiritual adviser who is paid by the millions. To make things worse, the film is only a few minutes long (most of the footage was unusable) and the actor that was hired to star in the film is in fact a Johnny Depp impersonator. Outraged after seeing the film, the president of the Schlaaang Corporation demands that Tim (Tim Heidecker) and Eric (Eric Wareheim) pay them back, or else. Desperate, the two run away until they see an ad where a man named Damien Weebs (Will Ferrell) claims that his mall in S'wallow Valley needs managers and that if someone can successfully run it, they will make a billion dollars. Eric also spots a woman in the ad named Katie (Twink Caplan) and instantly falls in love with her (carrying a picture of her with him wherever he goes and furiously masturbating to her at night). Determined to make their money back (and in Eric's case get the girl of his dreams) the two make their way to the mall. Unfortunately, the mall is a mess. Most of the stores are doomed to fail, like a spiritual healing center that worships the Shrim gods, a sword and knife store that makes its profits by keeping swords and knives off the street, a used toilet paper discount warehouse and Katie's booth, which sells celebrity lookalikes made from balloons. The mall is also filled with garbage, homeless people and is terrorized by a man-eating wolf. If they can run the mall successfully, our "heroes" might be able to pay the Schlaaang company back, but that's going to be easier said than done and, if they get spotted by their former employer prior to earning the cash, they will be executed without remorse.
This is the cinematic equivalent of sitting in a bathtub while little children fill it with their diarrhoea. Oh wait, not only is this the movie the equivalent of that mental picture, but what I described is also one of the most "memorable" scenes in the movie (intercut with another character participating in one of the lamest gag sex scenes ever). At the beginning I had such low expectations I was kind of laughing but this drove itself into 0 star territory within 15 minutes of the opening credits. Endless gross-out jokes that weren't funny, characters so stupid that if there was any justice in the world they would get set on fire and then eaten alive by sharks, a nonsensical plot with a cheap cop-out ending make it a painful experience. As the cherry on the vomit sundae, the film is built on this ridiculous concept non-comedy. It all swirls together to makes this one of the worst, if not THE worst comedy I've ever seen. Some of the "jokes" included are: people awkwardly masturbating, obsessions with "Top Gun", two men bathing together, penis piercings, the same words being repeated over and over and cheap special effects. The movie tries to be so unfunny that it becomes funny again, daring the audience not to laugh by saying "Hey, isn't it funny that everything on the screen isn't funny? What kind of fool are you coming into this comedy expecting to find jokes, clever setups and punch lines?" To make things worse, the film is not only abysmal, but it's unmemorable and often cringe-inducing so even if you knew how torturous of an experience sitting through this disaster would be ahead of time, you can't make fun of it on a "so bad, it's good" level.
If you are a fan of the show Tim and Eric star in, there is a chance you might enjoy it, but overall it establishes itself as complete garbage very quickly and goes downhill from there. "Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie" is a complete waste of time and there are probably some people out there that will disagree with me, but I strongly suspect that the only reason they enjoy it is because they have it playing on a loop in their basement as a mental torture device for their worst enemies. (Dvd, September 30, 2012)
September 24, 2014
I'm a fan of Tim and Eric's Awesome Show Great Job series, or at least the highlights of it, but I have to say, this is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
It's unfortunate that their flair lies in short-form comedy, and indeed the two moments which are actually funny in the film are in this form (short ads, hilariously goofed). But that's about it. It's not squirmy, it's just sick and unpleasant. And not funny.
August 28, 2014
If I had a billion dollars, this is the exact movie I would make.
½ August 18, 2014
worst movie i have ever seen, and i have seen movie 43, ishtar, and pieces of april.
August 7, 2014
Bad movie but stoner heaven like 99% of adult swim you have to be on a illegal substance to understand
June 28, 2014
no. no. no. NO. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo.
½ June 21, 2014
Some of the sketches on their show are funny, but this movie is terrible. My advice for Tim & Eric would be to steer away from most of the gross-out and shock value stuff and stick to surreally satirizing public access tv, local commercials, and instructional videos.
½ June 21, 2014
wow how badly can one movie suck
½ June 6, 2014
I'm not familiar with their TV show, but the movie was solid. Silly humor, strange clips and video editing. But good stuff, reminds me of the duo from Baseketball.
½ March 7, 2014
After watching many of their skits through the years, I was very anticipated to see "Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie," but I must say, that even though I had a blast watching this movie, it is nothing compared to the hilarity of their show. This film gives them an actual plot which takes you out a bit, because their shows has all been about randomness. To be honest, I do not even think a feature film was necessary, but it was inevitable I guess. The writing in this film almost seem absent at times, which is fine, because that is pretty much what their show is, but the jokes are very hit and miss. Since everything in this film was intentional, I will give them major props in pulling it all off. I am not a huge fan of this film, but I really enjoy these guys!
March 4, 2014
Why do I want to see this? Because it's got SHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!