Time of Favor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Time of Favor Reviews

½ July 14, 2013
Who is God when Love breaks your heart?
March 29, 2013
Although there are moments in this film that one has to suspend disbelief, I find it a very satisfying watch. It starts off gently and simmers throughout into a nerve wrecking final twenty minutes or so. Part thriller, part romance, but the reason why I like this film the most is how it illustrates religious teachings, the interpretations, and the effect it has on followers/scholars. Something to think about indeed. This film is good for the thriller/mystery/romance of its plot and characters, but it also has an underlying commentary about religious ideas (in this case Orthodox Jew, but it could certainly be applied to any religions).
November 16, 2008
I rather have killed my self.
October 21, 2008
I was surprised at how entertaining this movie was. Very well written, very well directed.
September 29, 2008
Really enjoyed this movie - depicting the tension between right Wing Nationalists and the more mainstream Zionists.
½ September 9, 2008
WHAT A GREAT MOVIE!!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
½ December 14, 2007
I had quite low expectations for this ``based on a true story'' movie, but it's actually quite good. Definitely worth a watch.
½ December 7, 2007
An interesting perspective on nationalists in Israel and a good job by Aki Avni but the rest of cast brings the movie down. Plus how can that girl be a leading lady, maybe thats Israelis for you.
November 11, 2007
A good movie, hard to grasp for those who don't have a back ground regarding the structure of the Israeli society, it tries to discuss the differences between the radical relegious segmant of the Israeli society to the seculare liberal segmant and it uses the army as the natural melting pot of the society to show the differences in thinking, feelings and the way both side look at Israel
July 24, 2007
This is a great Israeli movie, a good story of struggle between moderate and more conservative Zionism in Israel. Add to that a thriller, including an appearance by the Mossad and you've got yourself an excellent movie.
June 12, 2007
Memorable and accurate portrayal of Religious Zionist society in Israel through the eyes of adolescents, with spunky religious girls, awkward social tensions, and a climactic ending. Worth watching and rewatching.
½ June 6, 2007
One of the more powerful political and military films about Israel. Joseph Cedar bursts on to the scene as one of the countries most important and controversial directors. Aki Avni shows his star power and Assi Dayan is very good as the rabbinical father figure in this riveting character drama with some set action pieces with in it.
September 29, 2006