Time of the Gypsies Reviews

• Oct 19, 2018

Perhaps the saddest movie ever made? but a masterpiece nonetheless.

Perhaps the saddest movie ever made? but a masterpiece nonetheless.

• Feb 24, 2018

Certainly different, but I loved it.

Certainly different, but I loved it.

• Jan 20, 2018

Another great work from Kusturica. A powerful story, great characters and that touch of weirdness and magic that he can dose so well in many of his movies. For me his magnum opus is "Underground" but this dark comedy-drama got closer then I would have imagined. Goran Bregovi? and his music, of course, is always part of the equation!

• Nov 08, 2016

Like every film by Kusturica I've seen, Time of the Gypsies gives me a warm feeling I can't explain. Of course, the music of Goran Bregovic is also responsible for that. The plot may not be innovative but it still is a beautiful story with vivid characters.

• Apr 11, 2016

Time of the Gypsies does have a lack of focus and is undone by its epic scope with some of the subplots and themes being rushed, but it is still such an immensely unique and interesting experience not only in its characters and story, but also in its mix of genres and amazing visuals. It is uneven, but nonetheless pretty good and containing many powerful scenes.

• Mar 28, 2014

So boring and hard to follow

So boring and hard to follow

• Oct 19, 2013

Truly magnificient. Greatness like this is very rare.

Truly magnificient. Greatness like this is very rare.

• Mar 08, 2013

A very original tragical-comical drama story that speaks directly to the human soul.

• Jan 19, 2013

two hours twenty minutes of genius. Yugoslavian version is 4 hours 30 minutes. I only wish I could find it.

• Oct 08, 2012