The Time of Their Lives (The Ghost Steps Out) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Time of Their Lives (The Ghost Steps Out) Reviews

July 5, 2009
I have the collection of these two and I watch them often
May 9, 2009
Weirdest Abbott and Costello film ever. And it's really quite good too. So Costello and this other chick get murdered during the Revolutionary War and their spirits are condemned to an old mansion because they are cursed for betraying George Washington (which they didn't do). Years later Bud Abbott and a bunch of other people hold seances and whatnot to release the ghosts to heaven. Odd's bodkins!
½ March 28, 2009
Great fun. Kids will like it too.
February 7, 2009
A little twist to the typical Abbott and Costello movies. They aren't paired up throughout and Costello gets to pick on Abbott for a change.
February 6, 2009
Fun romp with A&C and of course Marjorie Reynolds was a doll. I always thinkof her as the 40's Diane Keaton.
½ November 15, 2008
I used to watch Abbott and Costello movies as a child on Sunday afternoons on TV. This one was the most memorable after the classic Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein. In this one, Costello plays a Revolutionary War ghost who is confined to a mansion's estate until he and the gentlewoman who is also cursed, are cleared of their false charges of being traitors. This one has less of the Vaudeville routines that Abbott and Costello normally did and is more in line with a ghost comedy, for example, like the Topper series. It also has some creepy and serious moments. If you see any Abbott and Costello, you'll probably see Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, but if you want to see another, check this one out.
November 14, 2008
Easily one of Bud & Lou's best. Their second (and final) film where they don't play off one another and it is a wonderful fantasy. There's a lot of fun to be had with the ghostly antics and for once it's Bud's turn to get scared. No routines in this one but there is so much to love. The ending will have you cheering and will leave you smiling.
½ October 26, 2008
watched it in drama, pretty interesting and funny
½ October 17, 2008
Admittedly one of my favorites. Not side-splittingly funny, but enjoyable to watch them not play as a team. The fantasy element does supersede the comedy here.
½ September 14, 2008
Another where they aren't working as a team but it has a wonderful plot. I loved it.
September 4, 2008
laughed till i cryed
August 17, 2008
I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't seen this movie. It's true comedy!
August 12, 2008
A dark foray for Bud Abbott and Lou Costello, but a comedy with great plot. It sets itself aside in the history of Abbott and Costello comedies, not only because it deals with the most interesting character dynamics of all of them, but also because they are not working as a duo but entirely separate characters. A really good watch for those who get tired with all of the old schtick they produce.
June 28, 2008
I love this movie, it's my fave abbott and costello movie. however it used to scare the crap out of me as a kid lol.
½ April 12, 2008
One of my favorite bud and Lue movies
March 30, 2008
Excellent comedy and so original and fun for the 1940's. Watch out for that pitch fork!!!
½ March 25, 2008
wicked friggin' funny!!
March 4, 2008
Very different than most A&C movies, but one of the better movies for them
February 12, 2008
Strange favorite of mine as the boys weren't partners in this one. Cute and fairly imaginative story to hang the comedy on.
January 13, 2008
Classic Abbot & Costello. I highly recommend it to those who want to check out a couple of their films.