Timecop 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Timecop 2 Reviews

½ November 28, 2016
While I loved the idea behind Timecop, I hated the first movie. I thought it was really poorly done. With such a great idea, there were so many different directions the writers could have gone in, and the one they chose was just sloppy, however they made up for that in the second one. Too bad it was done in a low budget, direct-to-video film, that starred absolutly no one of any name recognition. In the second installment of Timecop, Anti-Government Terrorists want to change the United States to make it more like the way they want it to be, and the only thing stopping them is The Time Enforcement Commission. Led by former agent, Brandon Miller (Thomas Ian Griffin), the terrorist decide to go back and take out the agents before they are able to defend themselves, with them out of the way, they'll be able to do anything they want, but the only thing stopping them is Ryan Chan (Jason Scott Lee) The top Timecop, who they thought had been stranded in the past. The story here is much better than it was in the first film and much more what I expected to see. In ninety minutes, we go from the roaring twenties, to the wild west, and even Nazi Germany on this amazing chase through time. The film is however lacking in several ways, most important of all the cast. A low budget direct-to-video film means shotty special effects and worst of all a cast of actors no one has ever heard of. Jason Scott Lee stars, and while he has the moves, he butchers a lot of lines and really hasn't mastered emotions yet. As for his counterpart, Thomas Ian Griffin, he was kind of all over the place, so this was not the kind of film that will ever be used in an acting class, but by in large the story was enjoyable and does offer some redemption for a series that had so much promise.
½ November 20, 2015
A surprisingly good movie, great action and fight sequencing and a unique story. Honestly like it a lot more than the first movie.
Robbanflix
January 1, 2015
Pretty low budget feeling , feels like a cheap tv movie almost. The acting and story are way under average level .. and no Van Damme aswell but that wouldn't have helped much for this flick anyway i think. Is it "watchable" despite this you may ask ? well its not totally garbage and if you are a huge movie fan like i am and i have seen much worse movies than this so i must say ,, yes.
June 24, 2014
One of the better direct to video movies I have seen. Some interesting morel issues raised and some cool action sequences. It is a fun popcorn movie and most of the time that's all I need.
November 8, 2013
Just an awesome non stop action flick - better than the original
½ May 11, 2013
This film feels like a made for TV film.
½ April 14, 2013
.a perfect example of a needless sequel. esp one where original actors don't return
April 4, 2013
It was Ok. Corny but I still found it somewhat enjoyable
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
½ July 7, 2012
The movie was a fascinating study of how quickly timelines could and would shift. Also engaging Ryan in the very morality play that Miller was going for. Is it alright to alter the future if the future that you are a part of is not the future that was supposed to be.
½ October 23, 2010
Not nearly as good as the first one, but worth a look.
There was also a TV show made.
October 9, 2010
Why did i ever think it would be a good idea to watch this. Timecop was a great movie for a teenage boy and it's still one of JVD's best, which probably isn't saying much.
This completely needless sequel had fairly good production values and Jason Scot Lee can really make those fight scenes seem concussive and dynamic but even the updated effects cannot detract enough from the overly complicated plot, generally poor acting and awful dialouge.
One to avoid!
October 1, 2010
Watchcable, but a bit too pretentieuce and too few action.

If you loved Lizzy McGuire's little brother's head bitten off by an crocodile in Dinocroc. You might like her dad being shot in this one.
½ September 23, 2010
Jean-Claude Van Damme films are usually hit or miss... luckily he's not in this one and it's not too bad. An alright story with Jason Scott Lee kicking ass. A nice bit of light entertainment for 90 minutes.
½ September 23, 2010
Worthwhile sequel even without Jean Claude. The story works well, is easy to follow and has a lot of pace to it which is definitely a plus point.
½ July 18, 2010
A surprisingly fun time, while at the same time expanding upon, and keeping continuity with the first one. Jason Scott Lee stars as Ryan Chan, Timecop golden boy, in WWII Germany, to stop a madman that just jumped there. Unfortunately his partner decides to kill Hitler, and becomes a fugitive, wherein the partner, Brandon Miller (Thomas Ian Griffith), goes to various times to kill off TCF early family members, to prevent their birth.

While it does look a bit on the cheap side, the special effects work well, and it's very colorful. Steve Boyum does a solid job directing, keeping the pace up, and make the action exciting, especially in the old west timeline.

Lee makes for a good leading man, and handles the action damn well. The multiple timelines could have gone awry or gotten too much, but things are handled properly and it never gets too daunting or such.

Some of the dialogue is too cheesy at times, and it does succumb to some trapping of simply being made on the cheap, but over all, it's quite good and enjoyable.
May 20, 2010
Saw it on Mark's entry a while back, so I added it to my Netflix queue. I'm sort of a fan of Jason Scott Lee since Dragon: The Bruce Lee story. So it's good to see him in another movie since ... oh ... the live action version of Jungle Book? Anyway, the fight scenes in the film weren't half bad, and there were enough of them to keep me entertained. Jason Scott Lee is a charismatic actor. He's in great physical condition and can do action scenes convincingly. I thought he would have a better career than being a straight-to-video action star. Oh well, maybe he should go to Hong Kong and work with some of the better Hong Kong directors. He's way more charismatic than most of those pop idols in Hong Kong.
½ May 20, 2010
this is a terrible sequel and a needless one at that. you will waste your money and time by watching this its just a good thing one of my friends wasted theres on this dross. looking for good sci fi you definately won't find it here