TiMER - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

TiMER Reviews

½ June 22, 2017
A unique sci-fi through a dystopian-like trend in the romantic belief nicely addresses the pros and cons around the titular inventive concept that can be in a way symbolic around the said belief realistically with diegetic unpredictability, even if it still functions like a typical romance with some charm and humor included. Basically, an average romance at a level of being one of the most enjoyable in the genre. (B)

(Full review TDB)
½ October 13, 2016
A few overdone clichés and some bland male characters, but the brilliant story and message makes this one a more than worthy watch.
September 10, 2016
This movie sets up its moral, and completely demolishes it. The entire moral point of the movie is destroyed by the "plot twist". A plot twist seen from a mile away, leaving it to seem like a poorly planned quick ending designed to shock the few people who didn't see it coming.
August 3, 2016
Exceptional film. I don't care how sub-par the budget and/or actors were. This is an exceptional piece of cinematic art. Excellent idea. In accordance to other posts. I agree about the sitcom aspect but that's a good thing. This could make an excellent sitcom.
June 4, 2016
The sci fi element here was interesting, but it was less enjoyable when it turned to romcom mode.
½ January 13, 2016
The science in this romantic sci fi comedy was completely bogus, but I let it slide and enjoyed it for what it is. The chemistry between Emma Caulfield and John Patrick Amedori was sweet.
½ December 8, 2015
A cute and quirky romcom. Original and funny.
July 8, 2015
Suprisely turn out to be a great film!! very cute and a very interesting concept!
½ March 9, 2015
Great beginning ....the middle was connecting.....but the ending blew chunKs big ones any hoot 1 1/2 stars is all
March 3, 2015
I'm not sure i like the ending....
½ February 28, 2015
Loved the concept, wanted to love the movie, but the ending just killed it for me.
January 3, 2015
Cute, and with an intriguing, albeit fanciful premise that is commonly brought up. The ending was ridiculously bittersweet, and on one hand, it's certainly more realistic (the irony!); it was also unexpected, because I had expected it to take the sweeter route of "screw it, a plastic watch can't dictate love" - an idea I originally had not favoured, considering the very premise went against it (although, hey, 2% failure rate), but as the movie went on, I found myself hoping for that outcome more and more. There's an unexpected disappointment, and whilst the end is suitably poignant, it feels just a little shoe-horned in.
½ January 3, 2015
If you want to spend an hour and a half watching a really cool movie that ends up letting you down completely at the end, then this is the one for you. I was going to give it 4 stars. Then the depressive, unimaginative ending came. Skip this one.
December 24, 2014
This is the perfect girls night movie. Getting a cup of tea, some popcorn and sitting down to this totally predictable mindless romance is a good way to spend a night. With a cast full of stereotypical standards, the typical rich white family, Mexican cleaning lady, and young 20 something boy trying to be rock star, only so much is expected from this film. The concept however, this is was truly brought me to press play. The ability to know when you find your soul mate is an alluring idea, and this film perfectly portrays the good and bad of this idea. There are the people who find it instantly and the people who must wait until they are 50. The main story line of this film stick with a girl named Oona, she has grown up with a great family who all religiously believe in this device called a time. Oona isn't as lucky with her timer considering that her soul mate has not yet gotten theirs. With all the twist and turns this 2 hour movie goes though, I can say I was thoroughly entertained the entire time. Although the acting, at time is a bit rough and will way it's not a bad film. There is many small story lines that follow the tale of Oona so I am lead to believe a wide audience will be somewhat entertained by the film. Overall I give this movie an 8/10! It was a great midnight movie with friends.
September 20, 2014
Most of the "plot twists" were really simple to call out. Just like The Lifeguard, i dont know what's up with these movies that have older women hooking up with young 20 somethings. In most soft sci-fi movies, like Eternal Sunshine i never find myself poking holes in the concept but this just have alot to argue against. I dont think the sci-fi is the point though, its being used as a commentary on how our culture is obsessed with finding "the one" and for those who dont believe in that, or soul mates will hate this movies 1st half for shoving that idea down your throat, but the 2nd half is about realizing that maybe perfect love is up to you, not some silly cliche.
September 20, 2014
Interesting premise, the rest of the movie is average at best though..
September 14, 2014
Surprisingly really good!
August 14, 2014
Great characters. Brilliantly unpredictable. Strangely romantic. And laugh out loud funny.
½ August 11, 2014
A romantic comedy that ceases to be guessed. Coupled with a new timely idea and a fun Corky script this movie will leave you laughing and crying all at the same time. Good work!
½ June 27, 2014
It managed to have everything a romance movie can offer: Laughter, Romance, Friendship, Family, Surprises, Sad, and a bonus, Originality.