Times Have Been Better (Le Ciel sur la tête) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Times Have Been Better (Le Ciel sur la tête) Reviews

August 31, 2016
This was such a good movie. French cinema really knows how to create the perfect atmosphere for any kind of movie,and actually always manages to use characters in the best way possible. A great plot came to life with a set of great characters, every single one of them exceptional in their own ways. Everyone in the cast did a fantastic job in translating their emotions into the movie. I simply adored everything about it.
July 8, 2013
Boring. So, so boring.
½ June 25, 2012
A simple but smart movie.
June 23, 2012
Well done French film. Cute movie, great acting!
½ May 22, 2011
Simple minded movie on a family (politically in the left-wing) from France and the drama of the very "glorious" son coming out. I think the movie was fairly good on the way they depicted the family, the way each member was thinking of the events.
½ December 6, 2009
This film had a fresh French voice to it regarding the whole subject matter. However, I wasn't a fan of the main son, nor the father. The mother had the best storyline. The dialogue had some great lines. The various points of view told through the course of the film was also enjoyable. Also, the guy the son was with just didn't seem right...which added to the humor but also just seemed off. Overall, despite it's flaws, it was a decent film.
½ June 16, 2009
A classic coming-out-of-the-closet tale, except that it's French. No twists and turns, but rather enjoyable.
March 9, 2009
Had some good moments but nothing to feel bad about missing if you don't watch this one
December 10, 2008
Hello!!! My name is joyfaith500 I am tall ,good looking, perfect body figure and
sexy. I saw your profile and was delighted to contact you, I hope you will be
the true loving, honest and caring man that I have been looking 4, And I have
something special to tell you about me, So please contact me directly through my

½ October 22, 2008
"MAD PARENTS divided by IRRESPONSIBLE BROTHER times FAILED COMING OUT = FAMILY EQUATION IMPOSSIBLE TO SOLVE." Voila!! A witty screenplay made this rather cliche scenario much more hilarious & amusing than it could has been.
September 7, 2008
Kind of been-there, done-that. Unfortunately, too much time is spent on the father's unacceptance and not enough on the other more well-adjusted (and more colorful) characters.
August 24, 2008
French film about the varying dynamics of love and regaining a sense of self.
July 24, 2008
"O céu caiu" ou "Le Ciel sur la tête" no original.
June 4, 2008
Your typical coming-out-to-the-parents movie. Only this time, it took place in France. It was enjoyable enough to watch, and I loved the character of the mother. The movie itself was stale, though. Very, very stale.
½ May 18, 2008
This is one of the better, more fully rounded examinations of the contemporary family in recent years. An excellent comedy with some sensitive dramatic overtones presented by a fine cast and superb production values.