Tin Toy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tin Toy Reviews

July 5, 2015
That's a creepy-ass baby
February 21, 2015
I suppose that this was very advanced animation in 1989. It's nothing these days. It's a nothing story but I'm guessing that Toy Story sprang up from this seed so respect due.
July 17, 2014
It's a pixar short so it's hard not to love. Though it's not my favorite, it's nice to watch and has a positive and happy ending.
½ May 3, 2013
It is interesting to see the primitive Pixar in what surely proved to be a major stepping stone towards Toy Story.
November 10, 2012
Pixar's most famous animated short, released before Toy Story in 1995. It's a 5-minute short about Tinny, a marching band toy who desperately tries to escape the clutches of a young baby who wants to play with him. But after the baby falls, Tinny feels as if he should help him and just get played with after all.
Tin Toy is a very amateur short from Pixar. Since it is one of the first, it has somewhat crude animation as many consider the baby to be creepy looking, which I have to agree on. There's no speech in the film which is usual for Pixar but in this case, is bad for the film. It's not one of Pixar's best but definitely one of their more popular shorts. It's just the beginning for Pixar, though.
½ April 25, 2012
I see the meaning of the story, but did they have to make the baby so creepy? Good thing we have Toy Story. 1.5/5
January 2, 2012
"Tin Toy" is clearly one of the inspirations for what "Toy Story" eventually became. It is a short about a little tin marching band soldier being terrorized by a giant monster...a baby. It was Pixar's first attempt at making a human character, and while the results are mixed, they are certainly important stepping stones in getting better looking humans as seen in later CG features. The short is also funny and entertaining! Which is obviously the most important aspect of any movie like this.
½ October 22, 2011
How disturbing! Killer babies! Charming and funny even if it is a short little tester project from Pixar.
August 4, 2011
The perfect slasher or monster movie, that baby is freakin creepy, but ultimately misunderstood by the toys under the sofa, and tin toy plucked up the courage to defeat the giant diaper of doom.
½ July 25, 2011
OH MY GOD THAT BABY IS THE SCARIEST LOOKING BABY EVER!!!That baby is what nightmares are made of!!!!Pixar...you've come a long way!
EWW THE DROOL! It is like it's own living thing!
And when it stands up! HOLY MOLY! Watch out Tinny robo baby is coming to get you! The story is cute and I have to rate it high for the humor and the sheer scare factor of the baby. Awwwwww. Would have warmed my heart a little more if the baby wasn't a demon :p
LMFAO an extra star for the jealousy aspect in the end :p
June 24, 2011
A funny short film from Pixar showing that you've got to be careful what you wish for. No wonder why the film won an Academy Award.
June 2, 2011
The baby is plain horrific and badly animated, but the rest of "Tin Toy" is quite cute. Just a slight indication of what was yet to come.
½ May 28, 2011
Good tale of a toys point of view with babies. I remember seeing this in toy story! B
½ May 24, 2011
This I believe is the first Pixar animated short. I thought this story was funny and cute.
January 26, 2011
the small toy thing was fun :D
December 10, 2010
Features probably the ugliest and creepiest baby ever animated.
October 18, 2010
What a beautiful Story. I just smiled the length of the hole Thing. The Animations are good but the Animation of the Baby isn't that good as today (Ok look at the Year it was made in). All in all very enjoyable.
September 17, 2010
A very scary looking baby! An insight into what was to come, this really makes you appreciate how much hard work was put in before Toy Story was released.