Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy Reviews
- There's a lady breast-feeding a baby. She's totally a spy.
- So is the waiter.
- And that guy reading the paper.
- I'm pretty sure the bread is a spy too. And the bucket.
- There is a room, at the CIA, full of sound-proof rooms.
- Gary Oldman is the best part of this movie.
- There is a guy who looks like a constipated gopher walking around with a guy who looks like a drunken Lurch. Who smokes.
- Ok, I'm 45 min in, and have no idea what's going on. It's literally just people walking around, staring conspicuously at other people, who are walking around.
- BEST LINE: (in a sultry English accent) "I don't know about you, George, but I feel seriously under-fucked."
- Second Best Line: Head of British Intelligence pouring an entire bottle of gin in the community punch bowl at a party: "Last year it took 5 hours to get drunk on this monkey piss."
- An owl just flew out of the fireplace in a grade school classroom. It flew through the classroom WHILE ON FIRE!
- That was the smoothest way to steal a file ever. Respect.
- Things you don't want to hear: "If you need anything tidied up, now's the time."
- There's a guy named Control. I want to be named Control. "Control says the deal is on." Oooh, I should just do that and refer to myself in the 3rd person as Control.
- The music and frenetic eye-darting is telling me some huge plot line epiphany just got revealed. IDK I lost track so long ago.
- Things you don't want to hear: "I want to talk about loyalty, Jim." Especially if you find yourself in the middle of an abandoned airstrip.
Too complicated for its own good, but supporting some great performances, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is an unfortunately average thriller, as it suffers from its scripts overly complex structure.
Gary Oldman with a great performance, boring at first takes time to get into it, great period piece