Tiptoes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tiptoes Reviews

March 8, 2016
It's as terrible as you'd think it'd be. The acting is great all around, that's the only positive thing to be said about this garbage pile.
½ April 27, 2015
Although I'm sure the director didn't intend it, this film is so awful it is funny in a variety of ways.
December 29, 2014
This could have been a a really sympathetic story if it had dealt more with the complexities of having to face the reality of being a full-size adult carrying the dwarfism gene. Insteasd, it is reduced to a rom-com with dwarves. Gary Oldman and Peter Dinklage are convincing, Patricia Arquette's character contributes nothing, and Kate Beckinsale is simply a fool to herself for not getting to even meet her husband's family before falling pregnant. Unsatisfactory conclusion leads audience totally bereft of empathy for any of the cast.
½ November 6, 2014
Lol, who writes this schlock?
July 2, 2014
A horrible, horrible, horrible movie whose only saving grace is Gary Oldman.
½ June 30, 2014
Quite possibly one of the best-worst movies I've ever seen. Ever.
June 18, 2014
This movie kept changing focus. It had an interesting premise (do you keep a child if you know it would be a dwarf) and it gets muddled in the many storyline and continually changing motivations. Plus Gary Oldman is obviously not a midget.
½ June 6, 2014
There is a movie with Gary Oldman as a midget. He is not a midget in real life. Why. I just want to know why.
½ March 24, 2014
What if I told you there was a movie where Matthew McCounehay plays a guy who has a moral dilemma whether or not he should keep his baby who has dwarfism, that has Gary Oldman playing a little person. If that's a movie you want to see, here's that movie.
½ September 24, 2013
It looks like to be really something but unfortunately not, plus cold & lost.
June 28, 2013
Garry Oldman is an orangutan in a man suit.
½ May 9, 2013
so bad, this is why zero star reviews should be put on rottentomatoes
½ March 21, 2013
Este es un filme poco conocido de Gary Oldman. Yo tuve la suerte de pescarlo en cable por casualidad y aunque el filme tiene sus flaquezas en ritmo de la trama, realmente lo recomiendo mucho ya que el rol que realiza Gary Oldman es formidable ya que él interpreta a una persona que sufre del sindrome de enanismo. Con un gran juego de cámaras y la capacidad de actuación de Oldman, se logra crear la fantasía de que él realmente es enano. Por qué castearlo a él y no a un actor que sufriera realmente ese sindrome? Buena pregunta. Es innegable que hay varios actores en el mercado con esa limitación física que podría haberlo hecho y hubiera sido una gran oportunidad para cualquiera de ellos, pero igualmente uno se puede preguntar porqué Daniel Day-Lewis hizo de un hombre con atrofia que solo podía mover su pie izquierdo y no buscar a alguien con ese problema que pudiera actuar? Yo lo veo desde el punto de vista del reto de interpretar un papel que te exige más allá de lo que normalmente haz hecho físicamente. Y puedo asegurarles que es increíble ver a Gary Oldman haciendo de este personaje, sabiendo que aunque no sea un gigante, es una persona de estatura promedio y aquí usted lo vé sin tener dudas de que es una persona con el síndrome de enanismo. Solo por eso, vale mucho sacar el rato y ver el filme si tienen la oportunidad.
½ February 8, 2013
I really liked this gentle little movie about love, family and the nature of prejudice, plus I'll watch anything with Peter Dinklage in it. The screenplay was well written and the acting very good, especially Gary Oldman, who proves here once again that he can be anyone convincingly.However, although this movie may be romantic, it is definitely not a comedy, but a drama, about Steven not being able to accept what he is--slightly reminiscent of Imitation of Life. Once again I disagree with critics and audiences, and I'm glad I saw this one.
February 5, 2013
wtf were thay thinking!
January 22, 2013
The trailer for this film gets a giant WTF!?! from me.
½ December 25, 2012
I watched, or tried to, because I heard how bad it was but I could not even get through it. The humor of how bad and offensive it is wears of in fifteen minutes, and then you just feel embarrassed that you're watching it.
½ November 13, 2012
There are no word for how weird/strange/uncomfortable this movie is. The trailer plays it as a romantic comedy...and it SO ISN'T!!!!!!
November 4, 2012
The violent reactions evidenced in many of the reviews of this movie on this site says more about the reviewers than Tiptoes. I found the movie to be poignant. Viewers must sort out their feelings about "little people" and, based on the negative comments, many would rather pan the movie and bury their prejudices.