Titanica - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanica Reviews

½ February 18, 2016
I enjoyed this chilling underwater footage of the Titanic wreckage; but found the documentary lacking in detail.
May 7, 2014
Effective documentary on the Titanic disaster filmed in IMAX, I saw this originally when released, and enjoyed it thoroughly and thought it offered a different look at the famous shipwreck, which sank on April 14th, 1912. The Titanic disaster has interested many, and many documentaries have been filmed on the subject, but with Titanica, we get something more, a high definition look at the wreck, with very good narration by actor Leonard Nimoy. This is a must watch for viewers that are interested in the disaster and want to know more about the 1991 expedition to the wreck site. Brilliantly captured on film, this is one of the finest documentaries on the subject, only matched by Ghosts of the Abyss. Titanica is short and to the point, and thoroughly engaging from the first frame onwards. The way it's filmed is stunning, and you get a terrific and unique look of the wreck. Well worth checking out if you're interested in the subject.
February 26, 2014
The importance of this film is the testimony of two survivors In their own voice.
½ August 13, 2012
Saw this in an IMAX theater. I love Titanic movies and things but this was really boring and very gloomy.
½ April 30, 2012
This has to be one of the worst documentaries I've ever seen! Boring, visually dull and featuring a Russian you can't understand, this film (if it even is one) is absolutely awful!
½ April 19, 2012
3 - The IMAX film promises more than it actually delivers as underwater shots of the Titanic often seem murky and poorly angled. Accounts of the fight for survival are interesting, as is the historical footage that accompanies them, but talking heads and above surface footage of the modern research vessel are meh. As typical of IMAX documentaries, depth is lacking.,
April 13, 2012
I found this unique because it was pre-James Cameron's "Titanic" so it's not really influenced by that film, but it does show how accurate that film actually is. "Titanica" is an informative and emotional documentary worth watching.
April 12, 2012
Titanica is a fair Titanic documentary that explores some thoughtful and intriguing material. The film documents a 1992 expedition to the underwater wreckage of the RMS Titanic, and provides some cursorily information about the ship, its fated voyage, and the controversy over salvaging the remains. Filmed in Imax, it goes into some fascinating detail in the mapping and photographing of the wreckage. And, actor Leonard Nimoy provides a powerful and commanding narration that services the film well. Titanica delivers a rare look at one of the most compelling disasters and discoveries in the 20th century.
April 1, 2012
Interesting documentary look into the Titanic (made as an IMAX movie) with lots or Mir footage. The tragic sinking occurred 100 years ago on April 14.
March 31, 2012
Good watch!! Very interesting!!
February 24, 2010
Not the best Titanic documentary out there. Some of the stories were interesting, but the people that went down to explore the ship got really, really obnoxious after a while.
½ September 7, 2009
Interesting, but not IMAX material. It didn't really take advantage of the format. I could've watched this on TV at home and not really missed the feel of it.
½ January 28, 2009
ok could have been better
April 26, 2008
A horrible documentary. Please don't waste your time.
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
February 12, 2008
It was so awful. A must-avoid. Zero Stars.
November 27, 2007
As a Titanic fanatic I was really disappointed. The film was fascinating and fun to watch considering the enormous IMAX screen but it just didn't have anything new or eye catching. Also I didn't like the whole idea of putting modern day images of people made to look like 1912 passengers into the old photographs. I think the photos are amazing enough.
½ November 24, 2007
Somewhat-fascinating IMAX Titanic wreck exploration film. It's heart-pounding when they go down to the dark depths. It's often gritty and uncomfortable when they keep showing the IMAX-sized close-ups of the hairy scientists' sweaty and worried faces. Cameron surpassed this journey with his Titanic films.
September 23, 2007
Not enough footage of the actual Titanic wreck.
September 21, 2007
3 stars because I saw it on IMAX screen. But really it was a snoozer...on regular tv I would have flipped the channel.