Tito and Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tito and Me Reviews

½ September 18, 2016
This comedy made a lot of sense to me. Very well done and believable story of the boy somewhat rebel of his family and of the group he went with for the love he had. Well, he ends up winning and leading the whole group except his lovely ex-girlfriend. And gets a personalised invitation by Tito himself with his group, the Tito marchgoers.
November 23, 2012
All in all, one great movie.
October 9, 2011
Director Goran Markovic's semi-autobiographical story is that of Zoran, who loves three things: food, orphan Majka, and "Comrade Tito", the leader of Yugoslavia. Zoran wins the chance to join Majka in a student march to Tito's homeland, but the excursion challenges the value of his passions. Sweet and funny, the film is almost ideal (some language and situations aside) for children.
August 4, 2011
Tito and Me (1992) - Set in 1954 Yugoslavia, this is the story of a 10 year old and his obsession over the leader of his country, Marshall Tito. The story revolves around a country enveloped in communist-inspired fear and loathing; a boy?s slow dawning awareness of the madness, and his personal triumph in seeing himself through it all. The movie is very clever and the story excellent. The screenplay's acidic political satire, and the overweight boy's obsession over Tito, and where that leads him, is brilliant comedy. Sweet movie.
½ April 24, 2011
Insightful, beautiful and sensitive.
September 1, 2010
a nostalgic political comedy set in belgrade during the tito's regime in yugoslavia. tells a story of a boy washed with propaganda and his facing the reality behind it. very funny.
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
½ September 1, 2010
Delightful characters thrown together in a coming-of-age story and so much more. The story of the Zoran is only the backdrop to satirize Tito's form of communism and its far-reaching efforts to control people.
½ September 1, 2010
Deffinitely one of the best Serbian films of all time. The great story about growing-up in Yugoslavia. Wonderful acting by Dimitrije Vojnov, Miki Manojlovic, Lazar Ristovski, Olivera Markovic and especially Anica Dobra.
September 1, 2010
Set in Belgrade in 1954, Tito and Me is the story of 10-year-old Zoran, a quirky child who, to his parents' dismay, adores Yugoslavia's charismatic leader Marshall Tito more than he does his own family.
½ September 1, 2010
One of the cutest and funiest family movies I've ever seen. From Former Yugoslavia.
½ September 1, 2010
Very funny comedy. I never saw a better way of somebody poking at communism in such a fashion as i did in this movie. A real Serbian masterpiece!
September 1, 2010
For me, beside "Lajanje na Zvezde", the best Serbian movie of all time. OK, actually I haven't seen a lot, but among the 20 or so YU movies I have, this one is the best. It's so sweet, atmospheric, reminiscent of the early 90s, with one of the best casts I have ever seen, starting with Dimitrije Vojnov and Laza Ristovski.
½ September 1, 2010
This movie is a classic in a weird, european sort of way
½ September 1, 2010
Paint chips. That is all.
September 1, 2010
The setting and the subject is a little odd, but the boy in this movie is so damned cute, you'll forget all about it. It has a lot of insight into Yugoslavian life at the time, and it's whimsical without being overly precious.
September 1, 2010
This movie changed my life. I highly recommend you go and see it RIGHT NOW.
September 1, 2010
One of the best political parodies ever.