To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

To All the Boys I've Loved Before Reviews

January 15, 2019
Love this movie! Doesnt follow the format you sometimes see overdone in rom coms and portrays a relationship for its somewhat younger audience to look up to, but is enjoyable for all ages- my grandmother even loved it!! I dont normally ever rewatch movies but Ive seen this about 3 or 4 times.
½ January 13, 2019
LARA AND JOSH SHOULD'VE BEEN TOGETHER. FRICC LARA AND PETER
½ January 11, 2019
This is why brown skinned people are generally not well liked by the masses, I was surprised to watch the whole movie and not 1 of the boys she has loved were brown. do brown Indian (south,east) skinned people disgust you, unless we have more brown representation, movies like these, no matter how well they are made; they all create a perception that all brown men are undesirables, this creates the cliche that white tall men are ideal partners for women, to the point where even brown women despise brown men. This kind of psychological conditioning has to stop.
January 11, 2019
It's another pastel-filtered rom-com with witty and well-groomed teens, but it hits the emotional beats really well and Lana Condor is such an endearing freaking star (as are her counterparts in Anna Cathcart, John Corbett, and Noah Centineo) that director Susan Johnson's To All the Boys I've Loved Before becomes one of those movies you can't wait to re-visit again and again when in need of something that's both comfortable and dramatic without having any real consequence. Johnson creates a world you want to be a part of yourself and frames it all like a modern indie/hipster music video that will firmly plant it in the Instagram age so that it will stand to serve as ample nostalgia for teens two generations down the road; though I can't imagine how today will feel like simpler times for those that are yet to come, but inevitably...they will. To All the Boys I've Loved Before paints a picture of high school as I can only imagine we hope it to be rather than what the reality might look like for the majority-but hey, it's good to have aspirations.

Needless to say, I'm anxious to see if Covey will follow the same rule laid out by her mother for Margot (Mona!) or if she'll try and defy the odds. Bring on the sequel, Netflix!
January 10, 2019
Good movie. Really enjoyed it.
January 9, 2019
I LOVE LOVE LOVETHIS MOVIE!! I have watched it over and over again. My favorite line is I am in love with you Lara Jean. I was scared to watch it at first, but then I got addicted
January 9, 2019
This movie really puts you through the full wheel of emotions. Lana Condor (who plays Lara Jean) is not only talented, but funny and relatable as well. Her quirkiness is what really makes this character work on screen. Noah Centineo (Peter) is the perfect match to bring these characters, and the way their lives entangle, to life. When I first started the movie I was worried that I was reverting back to being a teenager, but honestly this movie has so much to offer that you feel its echoes no matter HOW old you are!
January 9, 2019
Drink more Yakult so you can have a good time at school.
Super fresh!
January 4, 2019
An amazing movie. The acting is wonderful, and the story line is beautiful. All in all, it is a must see
January 3, 2019
good but we only really met three boys
½ January 2, 2019
Perhaps one of the most shittiest RomComs ever made.
½ December 28, 2018
I do not like romance or drama movies much but this was pretty good
½ December 23, 2018
Very cute teen movie. I liked it.
December 23, 2018
can you put the movies up
December 21, 2018
While the story is somewhat predictable, the cast is what really makes this movie special. Great chemistry and likability sell this movie.
½ December 12, 2018
Charming, though predictable
½ December 3, 2018
She had addressed them but they were never supposed to get out. Noah Centineo playing as Peter Kavinsky, plays a significant role in this movie as Lara Jeans not-so-real boyfriend, only to make Peter´┐ 1/2 1/2(TM)s ex-girlfriend and Lara Jean´┐ 1/2 1/2(TM)s crush jealous. Me being a teenager, I had always wished for a boy to write me notes and make me feel special no matter the circumstances. Noah Centineo fits the part of Peter Kavinsky so perfectly, he´┐ 1/2 1/2(TM)s super cute, his smile is contagious and the ´┐ 1/2 1/2whoa whoa whoa!´┐ 1/2 1/2´┐ 1/2? almost every scene he´┐ 1/2 1/2(TM)s in.
December 1, 2018
To All The Boys I've Loved Before doesn't do much original in way of story, but makes up for it for what else goes into the construction of a damn fine rom-com.

It's a truth universally acknowledged that Netflix movies are the most hit and miss productions ever (Look out for a future Cinema with CJ feature about that) so it's always nice to get a taste of something refreshing.

To All The Boys I've Loved Before is just so charming and bright it manages to step ahead of most recent high school movie fare. Is it the simplicity of actually having diversity of a lead for once with some more Asian-American representation? Is it an adapted screenplay of a YA book written by a female, adapted by a female, and then directed by a female? Is it the inventive and wonderfully visual storytelling that does so well in showing and not telling? To All The Boys I've Loved Before is a lot of things, and that makes it good. Really good.

It's not great, unfortunately, and while it both references and clearly channels the influence of the great John Hughes, this film doesn't reach that highly. But goddamn was I invested in the characters and the drama. It still had that genuine high school feel to it. You buy into the conflicts and the situations and the chemistry. It's written how people talk and more importantly it's written how people feel. Teenagers are stupid. And they are here! So when they learn, and when they change, you just can't help but smile. It's currently rocking Netflix, and it's currently rocking my evening.
½ November 28, 2018
I saw with my family while they laugh I started crying inside me because I chose the movie that made me fall to sleep