To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

To All the Boys I've Loved Before Reviews

November 13, 2018
And yet another unrealistic movie and characters that you cannot relate to. How is this well liked!? This movie is so dumb it didn't look believable for even a second. The plot makes no sense. And faking a relationship with the most popular guy in high school is logical to divert attention? And weirdly it was the boy's idea to do this?
November 9, 2018
So let's face it, looking at " To all the boys I've loved before " from the outside kinda gives you the wrong impression, After watching it I assure you that not a shred of doubt will exist about how great this film is, first of all, I love how complex the characters are especially Lara Jean who from scene to scene never seizes to amaze me with colorful persona, she's pure-hearted and naive and sweet and scared too and all of that is very much realistic.
What I love the most about it is the perfect balance that strikes between comedy and drama, the audience is never in a state of a constant parade of emotions and feelings but it sneaks up on you and it engages you and for me that's the essence of a great movie, creating a comfortable vibe where you can enjoy the story with being forced to take on instantly ready canned scenarios, I guess all I'm saying is that " To all the boys I've loved before " keeps it simple and ultimately that's why it pulled off such a great story knowing how hard it is to adapt a great book, and yeah it was lot of fun to watch.
½ November 5, 2018
"To All the Boys I've Loved Before" is a movie I've been hearing about for months on end. I finally decided to watch it and I will say I liked it. It is a very predictable teen romcom but it works well because of its charismatic and likable cast. Lana Condor's lead performance is solid and her character really just feels like an everyday regular girl, which I liked. I enjoyed the exchanges between the characters and had a smile on my face throughout the movie. While every conflict has a predictable solution, I still enjoyed the movie and found myself in a good mood after it.
½ November 4, 2018
I came in skeptical because I didn't like the fact that none of her five crushes were Asian American males. We get Asian American men get a lot of grief in North American media. Anyways, it was better than I expected and clearly Jenny Han stole some of her mom's Korean drama VCDs before she wrote the book because there are clear Korean drama plot devices in this story. The most obvious is the love contract, which is a common Korean drama plot device. I find it interesting that American teenage audiences get exposed to these "love" contracts through this medium. Although the Rotten Tomatoes' concensus review says there are "a lack of surprises" I disagree. The tall popular jock isn't a caricature and the kids in this show are a lot more sexually responsible than we give kids credit for. The vast majority of teenage centric movies is driven by a lot of caricature, sometimes too much so, something I think is unfair to the kids. The kids in this movie are complex and nuanced, with their own backstories that drive their present behavior, something that's actually true in most cases in real life.
½ November 4, 2018
Dear Jenny,
I am disappointed that Asian males were basically excluded in a novel written by an Asian female author. Your novel To all the Boys I've Loved Before doesn't contribute anything to changing existing stereotypes when it had so much potential to. Your novel glorifies the White Male Asian Female (WMAF) relationship, from Lara Jean's parents to the main plot of the story. It upholds the white supremacy and excludes Asian males as romantic options. What's worse is that your novels are targeted at teenage girls, so you're indoctrinating them with white worshiping attitudes from a young age. When your primarily female fan base grows up, they would socially exclude Asian males in favor of white males and propagate existing racial hierarchies in society. Why couldn't LG have a Korean father and a Caucasian mother? Why were none of the letters that LG wrote addressed to an Asian male? Your novel seems like one Asian woman's fantasy about dating white guys. Which is fine, but you should be more cautious of the societal impact and excluding an entire racial/gender group.
November 4, 2018
"To All the Boys I've Loved Before" é um bom filme, mesmo sendo um pouco cliché e simples. Dá para entreter, mas não é muito romântico...
½ November 3, 2018
Condor and Centineo take this simple, yet engaging teen romcom to new heights thanks to their great chemistry and earnest acting. To All the Boys I've Loved Before is delightful and cheesy in the best way for it tells a sweet, coming-of-age story of young love in a modern way. I did find it a little overrated, but having watched it to the end and enjoyed it, I guess this movie was somewhat worth the buzz.
November 2, 2018
Love this movie! I've seen it multiple times with my daughter.
October 31, 2018
one of the best teen romance film i have seen.
Geekettes Chat Youtubers
½ October 29, 2018
The film is boring. Do I need to say more? The characters are uninteresting, the plot is missing exciting moments and the fun other netflix original films offer. Don't bother with this film, unless you like sleeping through movies.
October 26, 2018
It's for all the family. It was totally engaging & funny. Definitely a repeatable movie & you doesn't get tiring to watch over & over again. Grab your popcorn & enjoy. Cause it's definitely fun to watch.
½ October 22, 2018
It says a lot when Koreans and Asian Americans find this tv movie offensive. I wanted to like it because it stars Asian actors, but got turned off by it because the Asian actors tried so hard to suppress their ethnicity even in real interviews. Parrish even said she "wanted to not show anything Korean so her character can be normal". So being Korean or Asian is Not being Normal? As an Asian American, I find this film and the Author's take on being 'Normal' as whitewashing your Asianness as offensive. How dare they jump on the coattail of Crazy Rich Asians and the Asian in films to market this whitewashed not-representative anti-Asian tv movie.
October 21, 2018
The movie I never knew I needed in my life. And as someone who literally never watches these types of movies - I loved it.
October 21, 2018
Cute, fun, great cast. Well worth a view.
October 20, 2018
I live in a sorority house with 45 other girls who adored this film. They may not be the most picky of movie critics, but they're a satisfied audience nonetheless. To All The Boys I've Loved Before has a cute enough story, but it's the incredible leads that elevate the movie to a better than average rom com. Lana Condor is likeable and relatable, and Noah Centineo brings an unreal level of charm. If this were in theaters, it would be worth the price of admission, but lucky us, we get it for free! Or at least, for no additional charge from Netflix.
½ October 19, 2018
The adorable chemistry between the two leads does not diminish the unoriginal plot, the lack of directorial vision, or the unconvincing acting found everywhere else.
½ October 19, 2018
Suprisingly subtle and suprisingly wonderful.
½ October 15, 2018
Despite the movie had some liberties of changing the story from the source material, the movie steals my heart. Lana Condor was born to play Lara Jean.
October 15, 2018
It's funny how I'm still into high school romance movies but this was refreshingly sweet and really kinda romantic and funny as well. I even found myself ,to my surprise, liking all the characters and even the cast.
½ October 14, 2018
modern love story, saddening by the casting but overall would watch again