To Catch a Killer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

To Catch a Killer Reviews

May 31, 2016
Well acted and directed. Gacy had "issues."
½ August 17, 2015
A pretty good TV movie about the catching of the vile serial killer John Wayne Gacy. Brian Dennehy is amazing as the killer, conveying both working class charm with a rarely seen sinister edge that isn't overplayed but is clearly lethal. It's a refreshing change from the classy or maniacal serial killers beloved by Hollywood. On the other hand, the cop pursuing him is bland as molasses. And the plot, being based on a true story, lacks the thrills of a fictional account. Still, a good story.
August 4, 2015
A really good telly movie!
May 12, 2014
a watched this movie with my mother she is the person that left the one and only comment on my page, First off we watched the two part version which is 3 hours I recommend that version. its the story of john wayne gacy the serial killer played by brian dennehy. If I had to spend the night wit one of them gacy or dennehy i probably say gacy, gacy in interviews on da=eath row seems so friendlys where as dennehy scares the figs out of me, which leads me to my next point the alternative ending in this 2part made for tv movie you dont see gacy actually kill or harm anyone and i was thinking what if all the police and people are wrong and they where harassing the wrong man (not in real life just in the movie hes guilty as fucking sin in real life) but what if with my alternative ending change the last 20minutes of the movie hes innocent i taught it would be hilarious, if you watch it youl see what i mean, YA DUMMIE'S
January 26, 2013
me interesa mucho conseguir esta pelicula y no he podido, please si alguien sabe como ayudarme, se los agradecere
September 10, 2012
Outstanding on every level!
½ June 3, 2012
TV MOVIE. Creepy, well acted riveting movie! True story! SYNDICATED 5/13/14/1992
½ November 3, 2011
Unlike the other movie about Gacy, ''To Catch a Killer'' doesn't portray John Wayne Gacy as a fat bumbling retard. My only issue with the movie, other than it being yet another dulled down made for TV movie, that doesn't show anything whatsoever, is that maybe this time around, they used an actor with too much charisma, and too strong of a presense
½ September 5, 2011
Excellent TV movie about the serial killer Gacy. Brian Dennehy did a wonderful job potraying him as a cocky, arrogant, twisted killer who would never stop his killing. This movie is well worth seeing and it kept me enthralled until the end.
January 8, 2011
Captivating. Everytime it has been on, I end up watching it again. Very well done and as close to the Gacy story as you can get. Recommended. Avoid the other film made about Gacy.
November 27, 2010
Extremely well made and effective thriller and hands down the best John Wayne Gacy film ever made. It's a shame barley anyone has seen it. I'll go one step further and call this one of the best serial killer films ever made too, def. top 10.
August 7, 2010
brilliant n e body got it on dvd
½ June 18, 2010
Dennehy is John Wayne Gacy, one of the worst and infamous serial killers in history. Creepy.
May 18, 2010
brill movie brian dennehy portras him brillently i can watch it over n over
December 16, 2009
Possibly the best serial-killer movie I have seen!!!
Brian Dennehy always gives you a 5-star performance but this time he excels as John Wayne Gacy, one of America's most prolific serial-killers.
Special mention for Michael Riley who plays the never-give-up Lt Kozenczak.
½ July 21, 2009
Didnt know that Gacy did stand up comedy in his basement to a captive audience! What a funny guy!
June 19, 2009
brian dennehy is creepy as hell as he plays john wayne gacy... well delivered made for tv movie but only worth while if you see the extended cut...still got chills from watching it , as if brian dennehy didnt creep me out enough already
April 25, 2009
the best thing brian dennehy has done (also the masters of sci fi episode he was in)
February 18, 2009
How this Movie gets 4 stars totally puzzles me. It borders on amateur filmmaking. The script is awful, and the acting is poor. Dennehy is not a bad actor but here he is not well directed. There is no real sense of dread and the Movie leaves out many details from the real story of John Wayne Gacy. I was very dissapointed, before seeing the Movie I thought it was going to be good, because of Dennehy. It just proves the point that Stars don't necessarily make the film good. My rating is no stars.
September 6, 2008
You watch this for one reason, and one reason only: Brian Dennehy's performance as Gacy, which is breathtakingly disturbing.