To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday Reviews

• Mar 13, 2018

To Gillian on her 37th Birthday pourrait presque marcher jusqu'au bout si les séquences oniriques avec Michelle Pfeiffer n'étaient pas aussi niaises et si le personnage de Claire Danes n'était pas un simple prétexte pour ralentir le film et pleurer un grand coup. Michael Pressman tire pourtant le meilleur de Peter Gallagher, Bruce Altman et surtout Laurie Fortier, qui apporte un sens de l'humour bienvenu à ce qui aurait très vite pu être assommant. On notera aussi la présence de Freddie Prinze Jr. dans son premier rôle et de Seth Green, mais à par pour cela, To Gillian on her 37th Birthday est un film qui n'a que très peu d'intérêt.

• May 02, 2015

It's like a movie for TV

It's like a movie for TV

• Feb 02, 2013

This movie teaches us how to appreciate the people that come to our lives. If it's only for a season they are there for a reason.

• Jan 28, 2013

Just TERRIBLE!! No wonder Gillian died...she was BORED TO DEATH! LOL!! I think it wastes the talents of Claire Danes, Cathy Baker and Michelle Pfeiffer. Peter Gallagher does well enough too, but I didn't like it one bit.

• Jul 28, 2012

I am not a fan of romance movies but I did watch this one with my wife. What I saw was formula being played out in a big way. Nothing made this movie any different than any other romance movie. The acting was great by Gallagher, but the plot was loose and slow and the formulaic nature was a lot to get past. It would have been a much better movie if they had tried to do something new. The plot was new, but they just never resurrected potential that died with the first cliche.

• Jul 23, 2012

This is such a sad movie. It's really really good.

This is such a sad movie. It's really really good.

• Apr 30, 2012

If some asshole with money is even thinking of adapting a great stage play into a movie. Watch this movie to use as a Guide on how not to make a crappy movie by doing the opposite of everything found here.

• Apr 17, 2012

love everlasting, literally

love everlasting, literally

• Mar 24, 2012

Such a beautiful story about love and moving on. Clair danes gives a beautiful performance

• Mark H Super Reviewer
    Jan 21, 2012

Some movies are harmless and well-meaning enough to be enjoyable even if they fail to be "good" movies. To Gillian is not a "good" movie by the conventional standards and did not fair well with either mainstream audiences or critics. But, I like this movie. I like the relationships and some of the issues they attempt to address. There are a few moments of truth in this film. Plus, it takes place on Nantucket Island, which makes this movie very easy to watch. The beach, the moonlight, the gentle drama. This is a harmless movie that is worthwhile, even if it's not groundbreaking.