To Rome with Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

To Rome with Love Reviews

April 10, 2015
As Roger Ebert states, it's "good" Woody, not "great" Woody. All the vignettes work except for the Roberto Benigni one. Avoid that one and To Rome With Love is a lot, lot better.
½ April 3, 2015
Some storylines work better than others, particularly the Roberto Benini one, which gave him some wonderful opportunities to turn in his best performance in a decade. The Penelope Cruz storyline is humorous, but the other storylines are tired and uninteresting.
March 26, 2015
To Rome with Love feels very staged, rehearsed and unnatural. The first half of the film raises a lot of questions and makes it difficult to be completely engrossed in the story. The second half helps explain all the absurd and complete the cycle of unnatural events. However, it plays more like a play than a movie, and everything feels very scripted and lacks certain emotions. It seems the actors were either miscast, or didn't know how to deliver their words, either way, it's a fault of Woody's. To Rome with Love is a movie that you want to enjoy, but struggle at times.
½ March 2, 2015
A few clever ideas does not a movie make. The juvenile pseudo-comedic situations don't help either. I'm disappointed Woody.
½ February 24, 2015
One of a kind film...i dont know why ppl didnt like it...I loved the idea...you have to bebrave to make such film knowing it wont be seen by general public.
January 31, 2015
Banal, pointless and mind numbing. Typically an expose of Woody Allen's all too familiar self absorbed obsession with neurosis. I guess this movie was supposed to be witty, ironic and amusing but it was just tedious.
½ January 25, 2015
Un desperdicio de locaciones, pudo ser diferente.
½ January 21, 2015
Un desperdicio de locaciones, pudo ser diferente.
January 10, 2015
The most creatively hilarious take on singing in the shower one could ever imagine.
½ January 1, 2015
Absolutely likeable and funny.. Rome is such a nice scenery for a movie.
December 23, 2014
Pathetic attempt at... At what? Has Woody Allen run out of scripts?
½ December 3, 2014
A mishmash of interesting characters and characters who could've simply been cut out of the story, we don't know much about anyone in the end and, there's nothing compelling however, it's gorgeous to behold and it's the typical feel-good Woody, if that's what you're after.
½ November 15, 2014
When in Rome, avoid this film and watch "Midnight in Paris" instead. Underwhelming.
October 12, 2014
Not a bad movie, but you have to be in the mood to enjoy it.
September 12, 2014
I think one has to understand Italian comedy for this.
September 8, 2014
Woody Allen sticks a bunch of short film ideas and places them in Rome. That is the whole film, and the number of Allen tropes is so common as to be dull. A good cast could have saved these tropes as it certainly did in other Allen films. However, the cast looks bored most of the time. The stories are connected by very little and the city itself is a mere background; it does not come alive as it often does in his best work. I would rate it lower but Alec Baldwin was quite good.
September 5, 2014
this movie was one of Woody Allen's worst. I didn't think Woody Allen was capable of writing something this painfully boring.
August 24, 2014
Yes, it's as touristy as some of his last movies, but Woody Allen offers a very watchable and enjoyable comedy. Not all the stories are at the same level, but I think that the one about the tenor singing in the shower is very funny and the best one. Although his presence is intriguing, Alec Baldwin seems to be in the middle of a story that channels the premise of "Play it Again Sam", but predictable and without being very original, and experimental.
July 26, 2014
I've been defending minor Woody Allen films for a long time. However, I have to put the gloves down for this one-- it was awful!

2.2/10
½ July 16, 2014
As great of a writer as Woody Allen is, his movies are often hit and miss. "To Rome with Love" is a miss. A very bland miss.