To Save a Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

To Save a Life Reviews

August 18, 2015
There are better Christian films out there, but this one isn't too bad. It's pretty good, actually.
August 12, 2015
Must see...entertainment that's life changing
July 12, 2015
If you have a problem with movies bearing an overtly Christian theme, this is not for you. If you can keep an open mind and just watch a film for the sake of its story, it's worth sitting through. It's clearly low budget and I had never seen or any of the actors, but for what it is, I enjoyed it. It was a nice change from all the negativity that dominates most entertainment. It'll never be my all-time favorite movie, but it's worth seeing.
½ June 4, 2015
Like most faith-based films, it's predictable and lacking in bite, however, it's touch of drugs, sex, and suicide and its relationship with the Christian community give this movie a different outlook.
April 26, 2015
seen it an loved it. it shows what happens when your best friend dumps you for the popular crowd an the affects of bullying an the results.
March 15, 2015
A movie with the right intentions, but not much more
½ February 23, 2015
Even though not that forcible as thought, it's still all preaching, & lame.
January 15, 2015
It's got a good heart, but the overly preachy religious story really just annoyed me to no end. Even trying to put that aside, there really isn't much behind the story that you can't sum up in one sentence... "Treat people with respect and kindness, make sure everyone is included"... I live my life like that, but this film just was kinda a waste.

I recommend this if you are into religion and stuff... But that's about it.
½ December 29, 2014
I can't remember much of it. Does that say something?
½ October 4, 2014
Many religious movies fail with the unbearable push of faith to the audience, as well as the clear abuse of darkened themes to spread more awareness regarding beliefs. This movie does not play that way. There is clearly some noble intentions seen here, for it is a movie that holds complete interest on provoking thoughts and action, rather than to be gratified as a cinematic work of art. It is ridden with cliches, stereotypes, and some very sketchy acting, but that is what drops the hint. Overall, the worth of this film lays in its nutritional value, and it's ability to make a relationship with a teenage mind.
½ September 30, 2014
I'm a Roman Catholic. I think it's important for you to know that when I talk about this movie. I've seen a lot Christian movies and I have to say, this comes to the closest to the struggles of real teens. I know people who go through these same sort of difficulties and It's properly addressed in this movie. With that being said, I do think parts are a little forced, but it's one of the better written Christian movies.
May 11, 2014
4 years later and this is still my favorite movie of all time. Dealing with deep issues most churches are afraid to touch on (yet eagerly slam people on sin and demand salvation), this movie has the hard edge needed for Christian movies today to use as a standard on how to make a quality film without going overboard.
May 5, 2014
A film that's highly relevant in real life, beautifully shot, well acted, has a positive message and actually makes you want to DO something.
April 6, 2014
good movie overall that deals with teen suicide and the things that the deal with including popularity and religion.
March 28, 2014
All Middle & High School Christian teenagers and anyone who works for youth ministry should watch this. #dosomething
March 8, 2014
it was the best movie. If you want a nice movie about god and family movie then this is the perfect movie of for a youth group event.
February 24, 2014
cheesy and clichà (C) af but it got its message across
February 14, 2014
This was a well-done, powerful and timely movie. It should be shown in every school (oops, can't do that) to every young person. I attempted suicide in middle school, if not
for someone who cared enough to intervene, I would not be here. Take movie seriously,
Someone's life may depend on your response!
½ November 11, 2013
little overt for me but a good theme and a tear jerker
October 25, 2013
A realistic movie dealing with the struggles young kids go through with a strong focus on faith in God and doing the right thing.