Toby Tyler - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Toby Tyler Reviews

March 4, 2016
Well Disney certainly won't be pulling this one out of their locker for any prime time christmas day slots at any point in the future. They really gloss over a lot of social issues to make a nice well-rounded family movie. I'm talking about the fact that mistreating 8 year old step children is not really acceptible anymore, circuses have never been known for their morals which we do see here a bit, such as luring 8 year old kids to run away from their homes into slavery, their treatment of the animals and the dodgy muck they peddle as food. The also missed out the bit where the circus people creep into the villagers gardens late at night to steal your copper before buggering off to the do the same to the next poor village.
August 17, 2014
(First and only full viewing - Summer 2009)
April 10, 2014
This movie was awesome in the 1960's.
½ August 14, 2012
This movie was pretty cute, who doesn't love a little boy who runs away to join the circus? Kevin Corcoran was a cute ass little kid.
½ April 21, 2012
My favorite childhood movie! Stands the test of time...my kids loved it too!
April 13, 2012
The best Circus miovie ever!!!
October 13, 2011
An achingly cute Disney offering that is just what you want it to be. There's nothing pretentious or important about this movie, but it's fun.
½ July 29, 2010
A super cute Disney film that entertains.
½ December 17, 2009
It was cute and sweet but just something is missing and I don't know what.
July 24, 2009
It's interesting that the writer of Fight Club
June 19, 2009
Another great Disney movie!
December 18, 2008
This is the best boy-runs-away-from-home-to-join-the-circus movie ever made. Moochie (Corcoran) was a mainstay in nearly every Disney live-action kids movies in this era.
½ June 30, 2008
My younger brother watched this one to death.
June 5, 2008
LOVED this movie as a kid-would love to find a copy so my kids can see it too
½ May 29, 2008
This movie made me want to run off and join the circus...I loved it. Great story about a young fella and his faithful friend, Mr. Stubbs. Everyone should have a Mr. Stubbs.
April 16, 2008
I remember in Belgium. Someone reading us the story in primary school. I love the story and the movie.
March 1, 2008
Cute movie. Kevin Corcoran, the boy from Old Yeller, plays Toby. I hadn't seen this one before, but watched it with my kids and we all enjoyed it. Good family movie :)
August 17, 2007
Cute, but what kind of an ending was that?
August 11, 2007
A great movie and it is Tripper's favorite!
June 25, 2007
The best Circus miovie ever!!!