Todo el poder (Gimme the Power) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Todo el poder (Gimme the Power) Reviews

May 7, 2013
Entretenida movie que trata la realidad mexicana de la época, corrupcion , impunidad, secuestros, asesinatos...

Disfrutable, de esas que puedes ver con tus papás sin problemas hah
December 16, 2011
Lo mejor de esta pelicula es que no hay un super heroe al que se le de todo el credito mi algo asi, mas nien creo que eseña en alguna manera muy neutral la situación por la que esta pasando México y nuestra gente.
June 2, 2011
TCM (Remake):rotten: Horror film without horror or suspense. I enjoyed the first ten minutes. It all went downhill from the diner. There were a few effects I had fun with, but the only jumpy part was a teeny one at the end. Boy, did that Leatherface look pissed! The only positive thing about this film was the acting by the young leads. Not Oscar-worthy, but a definite improvement over most of the original cast. Thanks for the butt shots of Jessica Biel. Maybe he should have added 50 more of them. :rolleyes: And damn, I never get tired of hearing [b]Sweet Home Alabama. Awesome freaking song. [/b](Not being sarcastic)

Am I being picky because it's a remake? No, not in the least. I enjoyed the Dawn remake a great deal. This remake just blows. It has none of the tense moments of the first TCM. The original, while less "attractive" to look at, has a lot of dreadful and scary moments. The scene at the dining table, with Sally screaming her head off, still makes me tense and anxious. There was no payoff in this film. No big scare, no climax, no GREAT MOMENT. Nothing. A big, empty, pretty, nothing.

[b]TODO EL PODER[/b]--pretty disappointing, and after a good start, too. Mexican filmmaker, gets tired of the crime in his city after being assaulted twice over the course of a few days. He decides to fight back by exposing a local gang of thieves. Just pretty unbelieveable after a while.

[b]BEYOND BORDERS[/b]--:rotten: Beyond Boring. Yawn. Melodrama. :rolleyes:

[b]GIRLS WILL BE GIRLS[/b]--:fresh: I had a blast with this movie. Some of the jokes are predictable or dated, but it is outrageously funny most of the time.
EDITED TO ADD: Also shows the world's [b][size=4]SMALLEST PENIS[/size][/b] ON FILM.
October 22, 2009
Had me hooked from start to finish
October 21, 2009
la kiero descargar la pelicula como al ago
ElCochran90
September 16, 2009
Another cruel, but undeniably realistic portrayal of the crime life poeple deal with on the slums of Mexico City everyday. It was ok, and done acceptably.

46/100
½ September 15, 2009
selecta, buen reflejo de parte de los problemas que nos aquejan (chingan) como sociedad.
September 7, 2009
Another poor attempt of criticism to mexican politcs. Some very good performances though.
½ August 12, 2009
WELCOME TO MEXICO!!!!!!!! MY GOD, HOW WE CAN ACCEPT THIS??? AND NOBODY NOBODY SAY NOTHING AMAZING THIS WAS ONE OF THE FIRST FILMS IN MENTION OUR GOVERNMENT AND THE INSECURITY THAT WE LIVE EVERYDAY, LIVE SCARED IS "NORMAL" HOW CAN BE????
½ November 3, 2008
De mis peliculas... comicas mexicanas favoritas, apesar de que toca temas serios en la sociedad mexican logra captar tu atencion y hacerte reir ...buena
½ September 29, 2008
Why does everyone in this movie look familiar? I'm sure the lead is the guy that played the Mexican mayor in Weeds this last season. Anyway, pretty interesting take on police corruption even if a bit flawed.
September 23, 2008
Nada que decir, una burla al cine mexicano y a mexico en si, pero Viva Mexico Cabrones!
March 24, 2008
A mi me gusta mucho... me divierte bastante, la verdad. Hace mucho que no la veo, asi que la rentare para recordar viejos tiempos y ver que era lo que me gustaba, ya que mi punto de vista hacia las peliculas mexicanas ha cambiado bastante jaja.
November 16, 2007
I LOVE THIS MAN BICHIR IS AN INCREDIBLE ACTOR
November 3, 2007
Esta pelicula es tan real....trata sobre la corrupción y la impunidad en Mexico.....muy buena, la recomiendo
½ September 27, 2007
repetitiva, vuelta tras vuelta, actores ya chole, sobre valorado todo como siempre.
September 25, 2007
MUY REALISTA AUNQUE ALGO FANTACEOSA EN ALGUNAS ESCENAS PERO MUY CIERTA LA HISTORIA
September 24, 2007
El Sapodrilo es genial!
½ August 2, 2007
Really good movie talks about serious stuff but with a lot of humour
July 28, 2007