Together (He ni zai yi qi) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Together (He ni zai yi qi) Reviews

August 9, 2015
Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto with a storyline, how about that?
September 9, 2014
The ending if this movie made me cry. The passion with wich he played the violin at the end was hearthbreaking. I was all teary, i loved it!
August 7, 2012
My Mom told me she enjoyed this movie on Netflix, I have to agree with her.
July 29, 2012
Chen Kaige continues to make simple moving stories on relationships and sacrifice. Rated four out of five tissue boxes.
½ July 20, 2012
Sentimental weepie the Chinese are so good at. Moving and humanistic reminiscent of Ozu.
½ May 26, 2012
The movie "Together" has a poignant theme on the meaning of family and friends in the middle of bustling life in Beijing...
May 5, 2012
Excellent old fashioned movie with plot, characters, beginning, middle and end. Gee, maybe the younger filmmakers can learn a thing or two about how to tell a story.
½ March 28, 2012
A film like this can be forgiven for its melodramatic staging and mostly predictable plot. Its intent is to pluck at heart strings and it does that quite well. Moreover, it provokes an interesting examination of old vs. new China without passing simplistic, draconian judgment on either.
½ March 24, 2012
Beautiful violin music, a pleasant enough story....based on a true story. His 'father' was the most interesting character. It should have been a half hour shorter - there was too much of the story involving the lady with the coat. The phone calls were annoying and stopped the flow. Overall it's above average but too long and a one watch only.
September 19, 2011
a musical prodigy's difficult journey into mature decision making, and accepting the consequences of his decisions. strange that the director should have such a large cameo role.
July 10, 2011
Parents do everything good for their children for their futire.I did cry badly when I deeply felt the relationip between ?~&his father.
June 10, 2011
simple, slow, sweet, involving, inspiring. the story really explores and you just don't know at all what'll happen.
May 4, 2011
A father's confidence, love and support to his son. A devoted life. It's really a beautiful movie.
January 27, 2011
"Together" is a film designed to pierce your heart and open your eyes. Though when watched it does not make you long to see what's next , it fixes your eyes on it on the sole interest of how it ends. And for sure, it does not end on a note any less than beautiful :)
½ October 29, 2010
Amazing movie. Music is incredible. Very human easy to watch touching story. Must see!
½ October 14, 2010
Old china meets new china complete with a Ha-Li-Wud ending. Excellent acting with human warmth triumphant.
October 3, 2010
Director Chen has been spiraling downward after "Farewell My Concubine". Try "Billy Elliot" instead.
September 11, 2010
a few parts pf the story does make too much sense and not well composed together but the depth of emotions make it genuinely touching.
½ August 29, 2010
I found the movie to be quite boring.
½ May 24, 2010
Me dormi a ratos, aunque empezo interesandome y me parecio bonito como el padre se sacrifica siempre por su hijo. Tambien he de decir que alguna reaccion de los personajes me parecio un tanto absurda...