Together (He ni zai yi qi) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Together (He ni zai yi qi) Reviews

May 15, 2010
it say's smting .....without words.......
March 2, 2010
This movie plays with the viewer's emotions exactly as a violin virtuoso would do with his instrument, the film is able to push the right buttons or rather knows which strings to pull. Anyway, this is one of the few movies when I was invaded by a lot of emotions and almost couldn't help the tears out of my eyes. The story of a young violinist that is brought up by a simple man is told with a lot of tenderness, without ever being soppy or melodramatic. Deeply moving and uplifting.
½ February 26, 2010
A brilliantly told story about the love between a father and his son and they're growing bond. No frills required in this touching film. Wonderfully directed and the cast is superb. I will be adding this to my own collection.
October 16, 2009
Such a GREAT film!!! A must see from beginning to end
August 11, 2009
Jaime Jorge, This is the Movie I was talking about! The boy sure can play that violin, it's in Chinese language, but the words are printed in English, Jaime you have to see this movie!, When you get a chance tell me how you like it oK?, This movie is good! I give it a thumbs up!
½ August 2, 2009
A good film, not one of my favs my Chen but still good. The emotion and meanings of the plot kinda get too wraped up in eachother, Kaige to me seems lost in the idea and it could be simpler, but some really good acting on everybody's part pulls it all together.
½ July 25, 2009
Xiaochun, es un humilde muchacho de provincia en China, quien vive con su padre, un cocinero que lo ha criado solo, y quien está orgulloso del talento de su retño: el violín. Juntos, deciden irse a Beijing para que Xiachun pueda tomar clases de violín y ser el mejor. Sin embargo, en el camino para alcanzar dicho sueño, se encontrarán con peculiares personajes. La gran oportunidad al fin llega, Xiaochun es aceptado como discípulo de un gran músico, pero tendrá que decidir entre seguir su pasión por el violín con el maestro, o seguir siendo un virtuosos violinista anónimo con su pobre padre.
Excelente, conmovedora, una gran música y puesta en escena, divertiida, dramática y alentadora.
Altamente recomendada!
July 3, 2009
You truly are my son...
June 24, 2009
If you don't know what a touching movie is like, or you never see a real life touching movie, go and watch it, go and watch it and then tell me how you feel...

Watched it twice, one time was before I came to Australia, and the other time was recently... still feel the same way, a wonderful touching movie, it makes you cry and yet it makes you smile or even laugh at the same time, very well developed storyline and character development
June 20, 2009
This movie had excellent character development. You get sucked into their lives and are reluctant to leave when the movies over. The music throughout the movie is beautiful as was the cinematography. I'd choose this over Michael Bay any day ;)
½ May 31, 2009
Incredibly beautiful. Unbelievably touching. If you have ever loved or been loved, you will appreciate this movie.
May 26, 2009
such a good movie!
makes me cry every time
March 19, 2009
Another masterpiece from one of Asian cinema's best filmmakers. Beautiful, touching, and boasting memorable and real characters.
March 19, 2009
todo lo que podemos ser todo lo queremos hacer tal vez choquen pero somos nosotros los que decidimos el camino
March 13, 2009
When a father tries to force early success on his musical prodigy child, he soon realizes what his child needs most is his love. On its own, the storyline provides meaningful and poignant scenes and makes a heartwarming film. Weave the use of music into the mix and the film becomes even more powerful and stunning. But, at the true heart of this film is the relationship between the old man and the child. This film proves that no matter how high of expectations we set for our children, we never stop loving them even if they don?t achieve all that is expected. A meaningful film for anyone who at one time was someone?s child?meaning a film for all.
February 19, 2009
Th best movie ever made. I don't get really emotional with movies, even if I really like them. But I always cry at the end of this one.
February 10, 2009
Enjoyed pretty much everything about this film - mildly eccentric characters, genuine love of music, quirky and oftentime humorous albeit accurate depiction of life in China all rolled into one. It even made me cry a little!
½ February 5, 2009
A bit sentimental perhaps, but the story is genuinely powerful and well told.
January 21, 2009
a heart warming film of love and emotional investment. can't imagine anyone not being moved by it.
½ January 10, 2009
warm film with deep love and gratitude....
very much rich in Chinese taste.
More than loving it. ...
that is the film i had on
Chinese New Years Eve 2007, London.