Tokyo 10+01 (Tokyo Eleven) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tokyo 10+01 (Tokyo Eleven) Reviews

December 2, 2012
This supposedly parodic version of Battle Royale (which stars one of its actual main actors) is certainly fun at some points, but also really cheap and way too long. Honestly, I think I gave it 3 stars only because my brain automatically thought "OH YES ! Masanobu Ando !".
½ January 12, 2011
I was able to get my hands on a Subbed version of this movie, Much like my favourite movie Battle Royale with out the suspense and I can't really tell most of the time if there being funny or not. Battle Royale is this Hard core graphic action movie in which 42 kids slaughter each other until there is one left standing however this movie is like an Italian rip-off even using some of the same cast from Battle Royale 2. Though in this flick there are only 11 people.

A group of 11 criminals are trapped in a warehouse with bracelets. The 11 learn that they are part of a game where the prize is 3 million yen and a clean record. The object is to reach the Baron's house. However, the obstacles they face involve hunters with laser guns who will go after the contestants. It seems as if this game is fun...however, the game proves to be a battle of life and death.

...Much like Battle Royale but I did enjoy the story it's not boring or anything I just think some of the pathetic comical elements ruined the film. The acting is pretty bad yes but it does have its plus like an Italian rip-off which I seem to enjoy a lot more then mainstream work. I can see the direction the film was going and the major thing is that it's not predicable so that's a major up for it. The CGI and special effects were pretty good I guess.
Here are some facts I found.

Director Higuchinsky has always been a known fan of Battle Royale and wanted to make something similar.

Even with the Numeric references to the other film they even reused some of the cast.

Overall my final verdict is slightly recommended any die hard Battle Royale fan should view.
April 16, 2010
Sadly, the director of the bizarre and wonderful Uzumaki decided to follow that up with a low budget rip off?. I mean homage of Battle Royale.  Just because he casts an actor from the original BR and references Kenji Fukasaku does not mean he gets off scott free when basically copying BR?s formula.  I didn?t hate this film, it was mildly entertaining and went by quickly at less than an hour and 10 minutes, but from the talent involved it should have been so much more.  It?s awful that this is the last movie that Higuchinsky has done, I?m more than willing to give him another chance.
December 16, 2009
A low budget tongue in cheek parody of Battle Royale that has 11 criminals having to reach a destination in 12 hours otherwise they'll get killed by the hunters following them. It's not exactly a laugh-a-minute but it has enough to give a few chuckles now and again. Having two actors that actually featured in the BR movies helped a lot. Not bad.
November 1, 2009
June 6, 2009
Rip off of Battle Royale?
August 3, 2008
If we've seen it before? :) Yep.
Low budget, bad story and kids from Battle Royal in a movie very, very "inspired" by BR...
April 11, 2008
Found this Battle Royale spoof on a Japanese site, no subtitles but you get the jist, IMDB have some funny quotes. 'ACE''s continuous tap dancing whilst watching the video, severing arteries with playing cards and being look out is hilarious! other characters such as wooden sword man and 'Prince' the drag queen make this well funny! plus Ando Masanobu is in it, what more could you ask for? (Except for subtitles, maybe...)
December 4, 2007
a remake of Battle Royale, it even has the guy who played Kiriyama in the film
November 14, 2007
Brilliant parody of Battle Royale and several other films. Lots of fun, but very very cheesy.
July 25, 2007
Despite its shortcomings, it made me giggle.
July 12, 2007
I like japanese movies.
½ June 13, 2007
A light-hearted take on Battle Royale. I liked it much better.