Tky Zankoku Keisatsu (Tokyo Gore Police) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tky Zankoku Keisatsu (Tokyo Gore Police) Reviews

½ February 1, 2016
"Tokyo Gore Police" is insane. This is one of the most twisted, disgusting and totally engrossing films I've seen in a while. I loved it.
January 3, 2016
Dismembered body parts. Fountains of blood. Weird mutations that grow out of wounds. Psychotic sexual fantasies. Some girl who tries to do sword fights with a katana. A deranged privatised police force. etc.

That's pretty much what's you'll get to see throughout the movie. If you're expecting a story that even remotely makes sense, you overestimate this film. It just...... lacks some of the basic elements of storytelling.

The whole film seems like the vision of a psychopath having a bad LSD trip. Because some of the scenes are so completely surreal you've got to give the creators some credit, I believe this film deserves a 1. But for lack of a basic storyline, it would not feel right to give it any higher vote.
August 6, 2015
The use of gore is insanely present here and it is all Tokyo Gore Police is about. TGP shows you all gore and only gore. Forget about a plot, character traits, or anything that is not painted red with blood. Only gore is necessary!
March 22, 2015
Shock value, shock value, and more shock value. Gagged a few times and was just ready for it to finish.
January 31, 2015
In a world of engineers, it's up to the privatized police to stop those who have been genetically modified. Meanwhile, our protagonist is out to avenge her father. I'm a big fan of Machine Girl and a few other Splatter films and this was a film that I have put off for a long time. It's fetish, it's gore, and it has a very Grindhouse feel to it. I loved the scenes at the club with a lot of out of the box latex by Japanese designer Kurage, and the whole Crocodile mouth scene there. It does lag a little bit in the overall beginning of the film under a bit too much exposition, but when it wants to ramp up the ridiculous factor, it really goes for it and Tokyo Gore Police was a very fun film. grade: C+
January 20, 2015
The plot is kinda lackluster and the acting is only sometimes good, but sometimes I just really need some of TGP's special brand of body horror to cheer me up. Four stars for all the smiles.

Trigger warning: explicit self-harm.
½ January 4, 2015
Insanely gross and engrossing.
½ November 2, 2014
This is one of the most ridiculous, silly, gratuitously bloody movies I've ever seen. It's awesome. Go watch it!
October 1, 2014
When it comes to Body Horror Cronenberg's got nothing over Yoshihiro Nishimura!
½ June 8, 2014
The title alone pretty much says it. Set in Japan, involving the police and last but not least gore by the bocketload! Never since i saw Braindead for the first time have i ever thought I would see a film that was any gorier, but trust me i just have!! I think the filmmakers were pretty self-aware and just wanted to make the goriest film ever, in which i would say they succeeded. Only recommended for gore hounds though. Any normal moviegoer sould probaly stay away, since it's, well very gory.
½ June 6, 2014
Sam Raimi (Army of Darkness) meets Peter Jackson (Dead Alive) meets David Cronenberg (any of his movies dealing with technology and flesh mutilation) meets Shinya Tsukamoto (Tetsuo: The Iron Man) and a whole slew of other previous movies based in senseless over-the-top gore with unique killers and heroes. Sounds good but I found this to be as disengaging and boring as possible. Nishimura's direction here is also at fault for going along the more grim and dramatic route (instead of focusing on comedy/satire) with overused cinematic styles such as slow motion build-ups to less than stellar action sequences alongside a rather boring narrative partially lifted from Blade Runner. I see no draw here when all the previous movies mentioned in this review are far more engaging, entertaining and well-made. A total waste of time, when this is getting good reviews from my fellow gorehounds I must face the reality that the genre is far past its prime.
May 18, 2014
Eihi Shiina, that freakish girl from Audition, stars as a sword-wielding agent of death in Tokyo Gore Police, a B-movie of epic proportions. Strange and unnecessarily violent, Yoshihiro Nishimura's dystopian futuristic horror packs in a lot of tongue in cheek humour and a sexy heroine you can't help but route for.
April 25, 2014
Crazy and mind blowing fun.
½ April 11, 2014
This movie is the reigning champion of J-Splatter.
½ April 5, 2014
Well its certainly gory that's for damn sure, I've never seen so much fake watery looking blood. It literately explodes from the screen into your face! fountains and streams of gushing blood at every turn.

The films instantly conjures thoughts of 'Robocop' and 'Starship Troopers' as we are introduced to little news flashes or adverts showing thick dark humour laced with heavy doses of satire. A privatised police force that 'protects' Tokyo against the threat of 'engineers' (self mutated insane berserker criminals).

There's such a colourful blend of genres here its hard to pin down really, think 'Kill Bill' with quirky fantasy and horror. The plot is bizarre and chock full of fetish and kink, rubber bound ladies and femme fatales, a real pleasure for all alternatives out there. Add a crazy mix of down right blatant B-movie effects alongside some pretty good gore effects combined with ingenious camera angles and surreal visions.

I liked the futuristic Japanese police with their black samurai suits and many of the nightmarish mutant engineers are fun to see in action. Lots of katana face splitting and body popping with a man who shoots eyeballs from little cannon extensions in his eye sockets to a girl who's lower half becomes a gaping alligator-esque maw.

Its totally comicbook or manga I guess with so much blood it becomes funny rather than scary but that's the idea really. Not vicious more screwball really but with some nice slick visuals at times, bizarre imagination and many memorable moments. I think I can see where Tarantino looks to for inspiration or is it vice versa? loved the limbless pet gimp.
March 19, 2014
"WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WATCH" will be the main reaction for many people. It is not impresive as a movie, neither as a story, nor as a pretty much anything. It does what it sets out to do: BLOOD, and its insane narrative that reminds me of the most senseless animes and with a level of blood and obscenities that will exceed anyones expectations, it is a fun watch for people who just want to see a 2-hour long insanity ride.
½ March 13, 2014
Definitely over the top gory. Has a couple of instances of interesting gore effects. The whole club scene has quite a bit of kinky imagery which quite frankly I have to give credit to whoever thought those things up and then brought them to life because I would have never considered some of those. For that I added half a star for Chair Kelly (You'll understand once you watch it)
½ December 16, 2013
An interesting concept is overshadowed by gore. Heck, I should have expected it from the title but here is there is gore for the sake of gore and not extending a plot line. One of the more difficult films to watch.
½ November 23, 2013
Tokyo Gore Police is an over-the-top and rather silly little film and yet, throughout its first half is decently written and overall works as an eerie horror comedy. However, it is mainly addressed to hardcore horror fans. The rest are best advised to stay away.