Tolkien Reviews

• 14h ago

I really liked it. Its a movie not Just for fans of the Middle earth franchise.

I really liked it. Its a movie not Just for fans of the Middle earth franchise.

• 1d ago

Really wonderful acting cinematography.

Really wonderful acting cinematography.

• 2d ago

I loved it - when a movie holds me engrossed - by the language, by the story, and I'm still thinking about it hours later. I could have watched another three hours of his life like this.

• 3d ago

I am not exaggerating at all when I say that this is the best movie I have ever seen in my entire life and I have seen a lot of movies.

• 5d ago

The movie was about friendship as Tolkien's writing is, brimming with connection of friends, even unlikely ones who learn to rely on one another for encouragement. It is about the understanding that the "arts" are a critical aspect of human expression, like breathing and when creativity is stifled the human soul cannot be whole. The movie does a good job of getting some of the details and still exposing the heart of the story. "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

• 6d ago

As someone with a Tolkien obsession, I found this movie perfectly sums up J.R.R.Tolkien's formative years and inspirations for his masterful literary works. Simply a must see for any LOTR fan

• Jun 18, 2019

Well done , but could have been a bit tighter and gone a bit deeper

Well done , but could have been a bit tighter and gone a bit deeper

• Jun 16, 2019

Very well made. Great actors and great director, Dome Karukoski. It's not action packed, but more of a drama about friendship and love.

• Jun 15, 2019

Nicholas Hoult is brilliant. The nods to the books Tolkien composed were magic and I genuinely loved his fellowship and their different personalities that you can see he reflected in the characters he went on to create. If you aren't passionate about the books or the story I think you may not be as invested as the rest of us. It lacked real chemistry between love interests and that is the only reason I did not give this movie 5 stars

• Jun 12, 2019

Tolkien didn't feel like a movie. It felt like many scenes mashed together with no focus at all. In addition, this movie biggest flaw is that it isn't about Tolkien's writing itself, instead about the incredible set design and the likeable acting performances. 6/10